Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by Ruth E. Stoll on June 14, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
Ruth, I have not experienced this type of battery. Howver, we have over 15 solar lights in our gardens and I never use the specifically recommended batteries. All our lights use the regular rechargeable duracell or energizer batteries. We never have to recharge, as the solar energy keeps them charged. We experience much brighter lights constantly. Another idea, if you want more light at light, take off the inside mantle exposing the bulbs. Hope this helps.
Joy Stockwell answered on June 6, 2009
Comment (1) | 18 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
See the following review by Chris Boylan. He summed up very well why you should replace those low-capacity NiCd cells with high-capacity NiMH cells.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R27N0J7N9IIIY3/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Personally, I won't touch those Energizer 2500mAh NiMH cells. I prefer Sanyo eneloop and other low-self-discharge cells. However in this case the self-discharge rate does not matter much, because those cells are charged every day (when there is sunlight) and discharged every night.
NLee the Engineer answered on June 20, 2008
Comment (1) | 6 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Smoggy66 answered on July 27, 2014
Comments (2) | 6 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yard solar lights with batteries
Amazon Customer answered on May 19, 2016
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
how long do re-chargeable batteries take to chrge outside in the sun
Lynn Borland answered on May 24, 2016
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yes
Steven L. answered on May 10, 2015
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
what kind of batterys do i use for outside solar garden lights
henry &doris tindle answered on November 23, 2015

A
J
sam ventura answered on April 10, 2016

A
Am I hearing that I do NOT have to replace the Westinghouse batteries in my solar lights with the same brand, or can I replace them with ANY regular AA rechargeable batteries? The assistant at our neighborhood store said I'd get MORE light from a regular rechargeable. Is that true, or will I burn up my solar lights???
Thanks, Cyd
MissCyd answered on April 13, 2012
Comment | 3 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Fitziegirl answered on October 14, 2009
Comments (3) | 4 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product