Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX100V 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 30x Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080 Video
Used & New from: $150.00
Batteries and memory cards for Sony CyberShot Camera DSC-HX100V I recently ordered a Sony Cyber-shot Digital Camera DSC-HX100V. I would like to buy an extra rechargeable battery and a charger. I would also like to buy 1 or 2 memory cards. I am confused by the differences in the memory cards, such as 16GB 95MB/S versus 16GB 45MB/S. Also, class 4 or 10?
Should I only buy Sony batteries or are there others that will do the job. I like to take pictures of Grandchildren, nature, flowers, wild life, etc. I like quick and accurate and willing to pay for what I get. I don't want to compromise quality for price. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank You.
asked by J. Roth on January 10, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
Hello, I've had my sony hx100v camera for about a couple of months, and I have to say I love this camera. I bought this camera especially to take pictures and videos at a music festival. Concerning about batteries, i don't think you should buy sony batteries. It's just expensive....
Consider Buying these:
Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card TS16GSDHC10E
2 Pack Battery And Charger Kit For Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX100V Digital Camera Includes 2 Extended (1000mAh) Replacement NP-FH50 Batteries + Ac/Dc Rapid Travel Charger + LCD Screen Protectors + MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth
I bought this kit and it worked wonders. For $30 you get car/wall charger, 2 batteries, screen protector, and cleaning cloth.
The batteries last for long time. Just 2 batteries and the sony ones, took me one whole day filming (2-3hrs worth of video) and and taking i dont know 300+ pictures.
And i just use a regular transcend 16g class 10 card. Great and affordable

Also watch his guy on youtube, his many videos on the sony hx100v are so helpful. I learned alot more about my camera after his videos.
Here's link to his channel--- http://www.youtube.com/user/BinaryCafe
and the video where he mentions about memory card capability: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9W2guQvM2s
tbh i posted a question to him concerning about memory cards at 04:25, b/c i was confuse myself and he replys back on what i should consider getting and stuff. Which brought me to get the transcend 16g class 10.
Hope that helps and enjoy the camera
Arounny answered on January 11, 2012

A
votes
Arounny,
Thanks for the advice. I did see the car/wall charger, 2 batteries, screen protector, and cleaning cloth kit and thought it sounded too good to be true. I am so happy that you responded to my questions and reassured me on this. Also, thank you for the youtube suggestions, I will be sure to check them out!
I can't wait for my camera to come =)
J. Roth answered on January 11, 2012

A
votes
Does the Sony Cyber-shot Digital Camera DSC-HX100V camera support the Sandisk 32 GB Extreme Pro SDHC UHA-I card? This card had been suggested in some of the reviews I read.
J. Roth answered on January 14, 2012

A
votes
Yes it is supported, but really you don't really need it because the hx100v doesn't need that fast as a card and plus its very pricey. The transcend sd card will do :P On the other hand... If you are planning to take alot of pictures and videos and willing to pay around $70-80 then, you should probably get the Trascend 64GB SDXC Memory Card Transcend 64 GB SDXC Flash Memory Card TS64GSDXC10E [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] and plus this will save you alot more money :)
hope that helps and sorry for the late relpy
Arounny answered on January 17, 2012

A
votes
Thanks for your advise. Can you explain what the difference is in these cards? I'm not sure what the terminology means. HD Video, Compact Flash, Memory Card, Flash Memory Card.
J. Roth answered on January 17, 2012

A
votes
the 2 batt deal is great but i cant figure how to do my one clik order on amazon!!
this has happened b 4 and i stumbled into it. cant do it today!!
T. marrapode answered on April 2, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›