5.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery. Functions as advertised.
Published on March 26, 2009 by Hunakai

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsure....
Published on November 29, 2009 by Dr. Carbon

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsure...., November 29, 2009
Dr. Carbon "Dave the Chem Prof" (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battery For Acer Aspire One Series replace UM08A73 (Electronics)
I purchased this to replace the original 3-cell battery which shipped with the computer. The price was good, the reviews were good, and the customer service was good (fast shipping). I received the battery a few days after Thanksgiving 2009, and followed the enclosed instructions for calibrating the battery capacity, which basically involves putting the new battery in the computer and running it until it is exhausted, followed by a deep charge (overnight). When I put the battery in, the power meter said 7 hours of charge remaining....it did run almost the full 7 hours, and I was happy. I plugged the computer in to charge overnight and the next morning discovered the problem...the battery did not charge. The directions tell you to make sure the battery is seated properly, so I removed and reinstalled the battery, to no avail....it still would not charge.
I have contacted the seller to initiate a refund. I guess it's possible I got a bad battery, but it is disappointing. The product shipped USPS flat rate envelope contained in a padded cardboard box. The outer USPS envelope was torn and one corner was crumpled and patched with USPS tape, but there was no damage to the battery or internal box. I don't think shipping was the cause of the product failure. I will update this review as the return process proceeds.

UPDATE - I received my refund processed through Amazon...no problems with return. I like the merchant and have no problems with their customer service, but decided to go with another brand of battery, which I am relieved to say works well on my netbook. (I'm typing this update on the new battery power!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery. Functions as advertised., March 26, 2009
The battery arrived earlier than promised (within two or three days), in perfect condition. So far--after charging, discharging completely, and recharging once--the battery performs as advertised, providing 8-9 hours of use, including several WiFi hours, per charge. Its somewhat bulky size adds a little to the dimensions and weight of my tiny netbook (Aspire One, 8.9"), but it enables me to use the computer for the purpose for which I bought it: long bus and train trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for your Acer Aspire One netbook!, June 11, 2009
Ima Fish "imafish" (Flint, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This battery is amazing. The increased battery life would last you through nearly any trip. Depending on what I'm doing, I'm getting about 8 hours of battery life out of it.

And I like how it's "L" shaped, which allows more airflow underneath which keeps your netbook cooler.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Company - Stay Away!, October 11, 2009
Unfortunately, I had to revise my previously good review...
I received my battery and was happy with it's price and shipping. I did, however, make note that many other customers seemed to be getting a lot more time out of the battery than I was. Hindsight being 20/20 and all...
Well, I have now had the battery for 4 months and have only really used it hard the last couple weeks. I let it run completely down 1 time and it steadfastly refuses to charge now. I suspect that it's just a random bad cell. Not really NewMP3Technologies fault. After all, they have a 1 year warranty on it. Long story short, I have tried 5 times now to contact the company about getting a warranty replacement. They refuse to contact me whatsoever. I inquired at the BBB about them and they are listed as not being in business any longer, however, they are still selling via their website and on Amazon. STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Capacity and Runtime, But I Too Got A Lemon, January 16, 2010
J. Simpkins (Virginia Tech, VA, US) - See all my reviews
First let me start with what I like about this battery. It offers a long run-time (~8 hours on with a portable hard drive connected, brightness high). It raises my netbook and gives it a somewhat more comfortable typing angle as well as more breathing room between the bottom and the surface of whatever its resting on, improving air flow.

Second, I have to point out its flaw that earned the One-star rating. As soon as charging is complete, Windows complains of a critical battery. Odd, because the battery should theoretically be 99%+ after a completed charge, not 0%. Also, the power adapter (which is still plugged in around this time) makes no difference. Windows or my netbook will not detect that it is plugged in.

My netbook will still run like this, but I have no way of monitoring the remaining time or percentage of battery. The only way to fix this is to completely shutdown and remove and then reinsert the battery. Then, I can run from battery with the ability to monitor remaining charge or run from AC. Also, sometimes when I plug in the adapter to recharge the battery, it will charge for a few seconds and then switch back to battery power. A simple unplug-replug fixes that.

Of course, I tried to reproduce these symptoms with a replacement adapter and a car adapter as well as the original battery. I could only reproduce these symptoms when using the new "Super-Capacity" battery. I had no issues whatsoever when using the OEM battery.

I noticed that 'J "Alchemist"' who wrote a review on January 9, 2010 is experiencing the same problems.

I honestly cannot recommend this battery to my friends who own Aspires and am appalled at the lack of Quality Control. A battery should not cause this much difficulty. Who wants to shutdown their computer in the middle of class to "reset" their battery or make a habit of never fully charging your battery. Let alone having to reset the power adapter.

I sent Brainydeal a message today, and I fully expect a replacement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective & Amazon.com indicates it is MY problem, not theirs!!!, May 5, 2010
I would have given if ZERO stars, but forced to give at least one. I ordered this battery and received it 2 days ahead of the promised date. However, when I received this battery pack, the internal packaging was open, but I thought maybe it had simply been for a quality check. However, I attached the battery and allowed it to charge overnight, but when I checked it 12 hours later, it still had a 0% charge. Apparently this is a faulty battery that had already been returned to Amazon.com and you sent it to me hoping I would accept it as is. But I need this battery pack replaced immediately with a NEW one that has NOT been opened and works properly. When I contacted Amazon.com concerning this issue, they advised me that it was probably one that had been returned and was supposed to be disposed of and not resold. Since this order was placed to one seller and fulfilled by Amazon.com, I was told that I could return it and they could issue me a refund about 4 weeks later. This is completly unacceptable and I would advise anyone buying to make sure that the item is NOT sold by one vendor and fulfilled by amazon because Amazon does not accept any responsibility for shipping defective items that are not sold by them, but only fulfilled by their service center. I am returning this item and am very unhappy with the proposed venues of correcting the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Life Battery!, October 10, 2009
My only regret is not buying this product sooner.
The size factor is seriously of no consequence at all to me, if anything the weight might be more of an issue, and that is still non-consequential. That's especially so because of the long battery life! Finally makes this netbook truly portable.
In the process of conditioning the battery right now. So far getting about 6 hours with wireless on.
Seller was great with feedback and shipping. I ordered at 1:15 pm and received at around 2pm the next day.
I still think at around 90dollars its a good deal. If you choose 2 day or standard shipping, this item is a steal!

2.0 out of 5 stars Compatibatility issues..., January 26, 2010
Xpert Shopper (West Chester, Pennsylvania United States) - See all my reviews
I've had this battery for about a week now, and followed the sellers recommendations on discharging/recharging battery to condition it. So far I'm finding the exact same issue that J. Alchemist posted when using it with my Acer Aspire One D250 netbook. If I leave the battery in till it reaches full charge it seems to put the netbook into hibernation. When it does that the ONLY way to get it started up again is to unplug the power supply and then push the power button. If you try to restart by pushing the power button while still plugged to external power, nothing happens. When I finally do get it to restart, I get a screen that says it went into hibernation because the battery reached a critical state of discharge, and asking if I want to resume normally. I am running Windows 7. I've also noticed that if I use the default balanced power setting and the pc goes to sleep while plugged in before the battery is fully charged, it stops charging at that point. If I watch the pc carefully and unplug external power when the charge level registers around 95%, it seems to run fine on battery. I guess I'll just have to return it to amazon/brainy deal since it's obviously got compatibility issues with this netbook/OS. I've also run the netbook extensively in the same manner with the std. battery it came with and have had none of these problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thus far!, September 5, 2010
M. Murray (The Valley, Oregon) - See all my reviews
FYI: My computer is an Acer Aspire One D250 with Windows 7 and I have it optimized to run as few programs as possible. I run anti-virus and little else. If you are having issues with your computer being slow, Google your computer's name and model with the word "optimize" or "faster" or something like that. You'll find lots of tutorials on how to make your system faster and it'll make the battery last longer.

I just received this battery and it was at an 85% charge when I got it. It came with basic instructions, though they were obviously translated poorly from some other language. I followed the instructions and charged it completely, then drained it. The first charge lasted through heavy video, internet, and some gaming (though obviously not very powerful games). I had the power setting to balanced and the screen brightness all the way up. It lasted for about 7-8 hours, I'd say closer to 8. That's extremely good. With my 3-cell I was only getting a max of 3 hours if I shut off the wifi and dimmed the screen.

I plugged it in and charged it all night and this morning it registered 9 hours and 45 minutes of battery life remaining. Whether or not I'll actually get that remains to be seen. I'm over all extremely pleased with this battery, though I haven't had it very long.

It does cause a huge protrusion both from the back and the bottom of the netbook and will double the weight. I haven't had any issues with it not fitting in my case, but I have a Targus Slipskin sleeve like this. Targus Neoprene Slipskin Peel Netbook Slip Case Designed to Protect up to 10.2-Inch Netbooks TSS11101US (Black with Teal) It fits perfect, though a little tight but the sleeve was very loose before I got the battery, so now it just means it's snug as it should be.

I'd highly recommend this if you are a student, on the go, or just want more out of your netbook. I love this battery and it will make using it so much more convenient.

**UPDATE** My battery is still going strong! I use my netbook daily and I'm getting 8 hours or more with it. I love this battery and with school coming up for me it's sure to be super handy!

ACER USERS PLEASE NOTE: Before I received this battery, I was having issues with my 3-cell not charging. I contacted Acer and there is a BIOS fix for this problem, but DON'T install it until you call a customer service rep and ask if it is appropriate for you. It's only for the D250 line and I wouldn't recommend a change in the BIOS unless you know what you're doing and are willing to risk causing some major issues if you do so incorrectly. I'm fairly advanced in my computer know-how so I had no problem doing so. I just wanted other Aspire One users to know about the fix.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I Got A Lemon?, January 9, 2010
I am not sure if I got a bad battery or not, but I am having some strange issues with this battery on the acer aspire one (D250) netbook. I researched the battery thoroughly enough to determine that it should work in the model, since it is off brand and high capacity, but I am having some weird occurrences that another reviewer has seemed to mention.

Pros: Yes, the battery does function at high capacity and charges to well over 8 hours. Running idle without any power save features I have logged well over 12 hours. Running internet browsers I can achieve 8, and running higher energy processes like Skype I can get about 6. It also charged within a relatively quick period of time.

Cons: After first charge things got funky. If the battery was near full charge (96% plus) and I plugged it back in, after a few seconds of running on AC the icon in the task bar would indicate that it switched back to battery mode, even when plugged in. This could only be remedied by turning the computer off, removing the battery, turning it back on purely in AC mode (the netbook runs without the battery in at all when plugged in), then placing the battery back in the netbook. Doing this would let it remain on AC mode indefinitely. But the second it is put into battery mode, the same problem happens again.

If the battery is not around 96%, when it gets plugged in it will begin charging. Everything appears normal when it is charging, and the % will increase over time. Once the battery becomes fully charged it will put the computer in auto hibernation. When the computer is pulled out of hibernation the screen will flash that the battery is near exhausted and needs charged. Once the warning screen is closed and the desktop boots up, the battery will show 100% charge. If hibernate mode is disabled, the computer will not shut down, but alternatively the battery icon will flash 0% with an x through it, even though it is fully charged. In this scenario the only way to fix it is to restart.

I am not sure if it is a bad interaction with the computer. Everything would suggest that the battery being good with all the other netbooks, it should be good with this one too, since the voltage and all plugs are exactly the same spec as the original, which I never had a problem with. At first this seems like only a minor inconvenience since it still works, but the hassle of having to take the battery out and put it back in everytime it is unplugged is not ideal. I've contacted the seller and am waiting for a response, but it looks like I'll be shipping it back next week and either getting the 6 cell replacement Acer Brand or another 9 cell if this one is deemed a bad one. Will update when I receive a response back.

Edit: 2/1/2010. I received my replacement battery from the supplier and had the same issues as the first one. I am trying another brand of battery as this one does not appear to have good quality control or has compatibility issues that the manufacturer is not specifying. I've read other reviewers who have had the same issue so it could just be for the D250 series acer netbooks. The supplier has been great in customer service, replying to emails promptly and helping with the return process. It is a shame the product is pretty crappy though.