4.0 out of 5 stars Can hold a 12V to 7.4V DC/DC converter for "unlimited" power
To extend the battery life, this grip is very handy & cheap. And extended battery life is the only reason I recommend this grip. It works fine with my T4 / 650D. When you travel, you can use of (rechargeable) AA-batteries. You can get those nearly anywhere.

Published 1 month ago by A. Kubbat

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits but causes problems with my T4
Published 15 months ago by The BK Man

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits but causes problems with my T4, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Battery Grip BG-E8 LP-E8 for CANON EOS 650D 600D 550D Rebel T4i T3i T2i (Electronics)
Fits good and provides longer battery life. However, something is wrong with it (even when the battery grip is powered off). I can't used my T4's picture view zoom while viewing pictures and the AF Point selection pops up after every picture and if you don't have your A-game on, you will end of changing your focus points without even knowing it. I have troubeshot it extensively with different batteries and the conclusion is that the T4 works perfect without the battery pack but when it is attached to the T4, the above problems persist. I have cleaned the heads and tried different batteries but no luck. Also, the features on the battery back work great, it just causes problems with the camera which is unusual because my other battery pack for my T3 worked perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can hold a 12V to 7.4V DC/DC converter for "unlimited" power, August 17, 2014

The REALLY BIG BENEFIT of this particular adapter is the AA-battery holder for a DIY project (at your own risk). with a small 12V to 7.4V DC-DC converter, I now can power the camera from any external 12V source. The converter fits completely inside the AA-tray and the cable exits through a gap that's already built into the grip : read more at http://www.ipernity.com/doc/stargazer95050/29098819

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Grip BG-E8 For Canon EOS Rebel T4i,T3i and T, February 11, 2013
I just bought this and revived this from my mail box and was excited to open it and use it for my filming project! I got to say this product fits perfectly on T4i,T3i and T2i and it fits fine and it work really well and it much better cause it cheap and compare to the one in store were it cost 100 bucks! This battery grip is worth the money cause not only you're saving a tons of money but it works well just like the original from the canon store or best buy that cost 100 bucks! Let's be real who gonna spend a 100 bucks in today world! Of course people are going to go for the cheap and save a tons of cash! I Would recommend this product to anyone who has a T4i, T3i and T2i camera cause it much better it work really well and it save you a tons of cash!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK just for the extended battery, May 30, 2014
carlos serra (North Bay Village, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I bought one and had to return it, it did not work, the second one I bought worked to deliver power to the camera, but the controls did not work at all, it keep it since all I need really is the extended battery for time laps photography. I do not recomend this product if you need all features working

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, February 28, 2014
Put this on my new T3I and I have had zero problems. Completely happy with this product. Haven't tried the AA insert yet as with 2 batteries I have a hard time taking enough pictures to even dent the power level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a LONG day of shooting, February 6, 2014
There are always plus and minus factors to everything. In this case, the minus is only visible on a few tripods and the higher center of gravity. Other than that, this solution for extended shooting works perfectly! Double the battery life (even more if you use an off camera flash), and a very quick change if necessary. I love the ability to shoot over 1,000 frames (oops, flashback to film days) and not have to swap. I've actually shot over 600 frames in an hour, so don't think 1,000 in a day is impossible. This particular solution is just what the doctor ordered. Easy mount and dismount, fast battery change, long shooting day. Oh yeah, VERY inexpensive too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Your Camera Feel Like A Camera!, January 6, 2014
Anyone who has shot with a big full frame camera before knows the added balance and stability of the grip. This grip brings that balance and stability to smaller cameras. It fits nice in your hands, adds a little extra weight and extra battery life, and brings you a second shutter button.

Some people have issues with this. Only a few times did I Not have control on my camera body's shutter button, I simply turned off the grip and problem solved.
The on/off switch is to turn on the camera controls of the grip. You don't need it on unless you want to use that second shutter button and wheel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Grip BG-E8 LP-E8, September 8, 2013
It has a very good price. I was thinking about quality but when I got this, I was happy. It is total same as more expensive or original Battery Grips. It was a perfect choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, September 2, 2013
I would have not bought this if it didn't have the AA battery option with it. Even though, it makes my camera look like a pro, I would only attach it for those seemingly long photography work days when long battery life is an issue. It works fine with some minor glitches when you fail to screw it on firmly.

3.0 out of 5 stars BG-E8 LP-E8, June 4, 2013
WORKING FINE ON MY T4I IN TERMS OF PROVIDING POWER EXTENSIVELY, BUT I CAN'T GIVE 5 STAR ON THE BUILT QUALITY IS NOT FIRMLY FITED.

Rate and Discover Movies