Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2012
I gave 5 stars because of the price for the quality,they could ask more, it is plastic but sturdy,the optional buttons could be of use for differnt people.I like the camera controls myself-but these seem well placed,it also has a soft rubberized coating that feels comfortable.The battery compartment is well built good spring tension and the aa batt. tray is not cheap,Instructions are well written and the print is not small.They also show you how to remove the battery door and it also has storage for the door.If you are looking for a decent battery grip for extended picture taking this is it,If you have to have the best or are a professional making a living with your camera then buy the 140.00 nikon,but for the average person you don't need more.
on May 11, 2013
While not the construction quality of the Nikon model, the price makes this an excellent choice if this is not something you would used every day. This is great in that has a sleeve included so it can use take AA batteries. I however have not tested that option. Some have mentioned the door latch, but so far I have not had any issues. It does look and feel like it would break easily, but just be careful opening and closing. I use mine on a D90 with two Nikon batteries.
on January 5, 2016
If you use a mounting plate (Arca Swiss, Gitzo, Manfrotto, etc), this is not for you.
Man, I wanted to LOVE this thing.
I use an Arca Swiss plate on my gear - we all know that stuff is rock-solid.
So......I attached the plate to this grip, and once I had the screw tightened, I noticed the whole plate was still spinning and easy to twist by hand.
Hmm. On my D90, it was rock-solid.
I first thought that, maybe, the hole for the tripod screw was too shallow, and the screw was bottoming out. But I could see by eye that it was fine.
Next, I thought that maybe the bottom of my camera had a "stickier" material than the bottom of this grip.
Again, nope! They are both the same material.
This was puzzling. Then I got another idea....
I held the grip upside down and ran a straightedge over the bottom.
Voila!
The tripod screw insert is not flush with the bottom of the grip. In woodworking, we'd say it was a little "proud".
So no matter how hard one should/would/could attach a flat plate (which is what you'd have on a tripod as well, right?), it would be impossible for the gear NOT to be insecure.
As for build quality and such, other than the above problem, it is fine.
The material and fit and finish is perfect. It feels great!
Just use caution if you mount it onto a plate or tripod.
on October 4, 2013
I just picked up my second Nikon D-90, the first one I have has the Nikon MB-80 (high dollar) battery Grip. So I looked at this and thought I would check it out, it was certainly a lot cheaper than the Nikon brand, so I didn't expect much. I was surprised! Sitting side by side the only difference is the label on the bottom. All the functions perform the same as the Nikon brand - the feel, weight, etc... is all the same! I am stoked! What a great product at a great price!
on January 15, 2013
All I have to say is that this battery grip works flawless with my D90. Love it. Never take it off my camera. If you are looking for an affordable battery grip, this is the one. I have no issues with it.
on October 14, 2013
I have to have a grip on my bodies and this one not only fits the camera, it makes my life easier and leaves some room in my wallet.

The grip also gives you more range to do what a photographer needs to do, create.
on December 24, 2013
I have only had this about a month but I have shot a couple of fires for suppression and investigation and the camera charge hasn't moved off full. It was a pain to have to change battery's half way thru an investigation. Now I don't. Thanks
on August 24, 2014
Got this so I could use my of D80 to do some high volume contracted shoots. Instead of putting 5000+ shutter clicks (per event) on my current/good cameras.... I can put the "high mileage" on this good old Nikon. Some of the events are 6+ hours of shooting thousands of runners and I need to be able to shoot from start to finish. Just used it this weekend and it did well even performing in a very wet environment.
on February 26, 2014
When I was first shopping for a battery grip for my D90, I didn't want to pay the hefty price that Nikon was asking for so I started searching for some generic brand and when I stumbled upon this grip I was very skeptical as it was very cheap compared to some of the other grips, but decided to take the plunge as it was pretty cheap. When I received the grip, I was pleasantly surprised as it came in a nice box, and when I first put it on my D90 it looked very natural like it belonged there. I had two batteries and used them both in the grip, and the camera would last me up to 2 weeks with daily use. The vertical shutter works very well as well. Overall very pleased with this product.
on May 23, 2014
This grip works amazing. The price is amazing for what you are getting. It's a steal! I use it everyday. It works with one or two of your camera's batteries, and if all your camera's batteries are dead it comes with a special tray to let your camera run off of 6 AA batteries! I myself have yet to run into a circumstance where I need to use 6 AA, but I love that I always have that alternative.

When using two of your camera's batteries in this grip, power lasts for a long time. I am avid about turning off my camera when I'm not actively talking photographs, so I personally have gone over a month at a time with out charging a battery.

It works great. The vertical grip part is very handy. The buttons and nobs all work as you would expect them to. There is a switch to turn the buttons and nobs off, but it does not turn the entire camera off.

It has greatly helped my photos be straighter when photographing in portrait instead of landscape. I would definitely recommend.