Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 questions
votes
Yes it will work. The "20 Amp" rating refers to the amperage produced by the solar panels, so if the current produced by your panels at peak efficiency is below 20 amps (and off the top of my head, it is) you will be fine. Remember to hook this up in the EXACT order as the instructions say or else it ill blow a fuse. Good luck!
Nov 30, 2014 by LFR
votes
Depends on the wattage. This unit is good for 20amps. It auto switches from 12 to 24 volts so the wattage capacity will change. Remember the E=IXR rule. Voltage=Amp X Watts. Wattage divided by the voltage will give you amperage. 12volt system,,,,, 20a X 12v=240watts of solar panel ,,,,,,,,,,,24volt system,,,,20a X24V=480Watts of solar.
Nov 11, 2013 by Kurt R.
votes
Sorry- looked at my controller and the positive is shared. Hook the negative from each panel to separate neg (-) terminals. Both positives share one terminal.
Nov 12, 2013 by PB
votes
What you want to do requires an MPPT controller. This controller is NOT an MPPT controller.
Oct 23, 2012 by S. Hart
votes
I am not sure what you mean by proper standard English, but my manual was in English and easy to understand. Maybe it has changed since I purchased it in 2010.
May 3, 2015 by john hartsough
votes
Sorry. I pitched the paper the day I got it. It's been working for me with the default start for a few yrs now.
Mar 22, 2015 by Kurt R.
votes
Product Description HQRP Solar Charge Controllers are high quality, efficient and reliable Solar Power Regulators. Suitable for all 12/24v DC Lamps. They are perfect for rural electrification system. They offer a lot of possibilities and benefits. Can be used to control lighting devices. Regulations point: 14.4 Volts; Low voltage Disconnect: 11.1V Volts; Low voltage Reconnect: 12.6 Volts; Microcontroller digital accuracy; Type of Charging: Series PWM & stat of charge(SOC); 4 Stages: equalization, PWM, Boost and Float, temperature compensated charging; Electronic protections: Short circuit and over current-solar and load; Reverse polarity-solar, load, battery; Reverse current at night; Limits high voltage to protect loads; Lighting protection; Tropicalization: Conformal coated printed circuit board; Self-consumption: 6mA maximum. Solar Controller supports up to 300W of 12V Solar panels and up to 600W of 24V Solar panels. For 12V solar panels, please, use battery and load for 12V solar systems (For 24V solar panels, please, use battery and load for 24V solar systems). The large diameter, big interval terminals, can install 6 mm2 conducting wire , wire interval is 9.5 mm, can enhance the isolation and the installation reliability. HQRP UV Radiation Meter: This meter shows you the level of UV radiation and helps you protect your eyes and skin from negative sunlight effect. The color of the meter changes from very light purple to dark purple depending on the intensity of the UV lighting. The darker the purple color is, the more intense is the UV lighing.
Jan 24, 2015 by Kurt R.
votes
This is pure crap... no instructions which can be understood....
Aug 4, 2014 by Tommie Fantine Lauer
votes
This would be way overkill for a 13 watt solar panel. One 13 watt panel would not even need a regulator while camping as your use would always exceed your input. If you were to store the camping unit without using any of the generated power it may eventually overcharge the battery slightly, though no damage would occur to the battery only slight loss of water in the cells which should be checked regularly anyway. There are usually enough parasitic loads (smoke detectors, clocks, radio memories, etc.) to compensate for the slight overcharging though.
Apr 18, 2014 by Dennis Himes
votes
I could never get the unit to actually work as the instructions were not in English....worthless IMO
Apr 5, 2014 by Tommie Fantine Lauer
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers