on October 13, 2010
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
For those that are confused about the physical size of the replacement battery, this is an extended size battery. There is the standard size that is flush with your laptop when inserted and there are the extended sizes that protrude out approximately one inch from the back of your laptop. You will find this same protrusion on any extended size battery you purchase directly from Dell; it will stick out the back a little and that is normal. The standard size is a six cell battery and will give you a shorter run time on a charge. This is a nine cell battery; this is how they get more run time out of the battery... it's bigger ;

Considering the same size battery from Dell for an Inspiron 1525 costs $179; I would say paying $39 is a bargain (price I paid at time of purchase). It would still be a bargain even if it lasts only half as long.

You can save yourself some headaches though on having to replace your battery more often than necessary:

- If you generally have your laptop plugged in and the battery is sitting there fully charged all the time, unplug it and let the battery run down a bit (about 40%) and then remove it. Your laptop will function just fine without the battery. When you need to use the battery, put it back in, let it charge up a bit, and use it.

I can't give this product a five star rating as I haven't had it for an extended period of time. I received it, plugged it in, discharged it, and then charged it up to full - it shows about 6.5 hours of run time with the backlight on the LCD at dim. Ran it down to 40% and put it away for storage. I'll come back and edit this review a few months down the road.

[EDIT - Addition - Jan 31, 2011]

Well, a few months down the road has passed by. First, a little background info so you can relate my usage to what I am saying. I am a full time tech college student, I drive a small fifteen minutes both ways to campus, and I attend class four days out of the week. I have the computer on pretty much the whole time as that is where I store my notes, take my notes, and do some of my homework. I use the the battery fairly frequently. With all that use my battery still reads 6.5 hours. Not sure if it is reading right or not, but it does hold a charge through all my classes down to about the 15-20% mark at worst (depending on usage). I do keep the battery on power saver settings while in school; display dimness turned all the way down, display turns off in 3 minutes, goes to sleep in fifteen minutes, and WiFi turned off unless I need to look something up. I do occasionally turn the display brightness up, but turn it back down after. One needs to realize that the more you are demanding out of your laptop it will shorten how long your battery will keep the laptop running; I am pretty much using it for Office 2007. I remove the battery on the weekends as I can run it off the power cord at home.

I have been pretty satisfied with the battery, so much that when my wife's laptop (Inspiron 1525) had her battery kick the bucket I went and ordered one for her also (she has the same brand/model laptop as I do). I would buy this battery again and am changing my rating for it to a five star.

[EDIT - Addition - October 10, 2011]

It has been almost a full year since I bought this battery and it is still going strong. I cannot really add anymore to this than I already have. I am still using this on a regular basis in school and manage to run through my 3-4 hour classes with roughly 15% charge left. I have even made it through my Wednesdays this semester which run me from 10am-4pm with running on very conservative settings (display dimmed as often as possible).

I am very pleased with this battery and my wife's battery also.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 29, 2010
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
I bought this battery to replace my m911g battery for my dell inspiron 1525. I was a little scared that it would not work since there was a report or two stating it was not compatable with the m911g battery. I took a leap of faith and bought it, the free amazon prime 2 day shipping had it in my hands the next day, and if it did not work I knew amazon would make returning the battery super easy. So I put the battery in the laptop plugged it in over night as per the instructions and booted it up this morning. Decent preformance out of the 9 cell battery, about 3 hours on normal usage so far. Per the instructions I ran the battery all the way down from the first charge and recharged it. Its now running only on battery after the second charge and it has been going for about an hour and a half now and still has 70% left. Granted I'm not doing much on it but still decent run time.

I'd say if your looking for a replacement battery for your inspiron 1525 or simliar take a chance on this battery. So far I've been plesantly suprised. Is it as great of a battery as a Dell branded 9 cell....maybe...maybe not. But to get 3 hours out of it is pretty good. Even if this battery only lasts 10 months I can afford to buy 4 more before speanding the same amount I'd spend on 1 dell 9 cell battery. If I buy 2 of these and get 2 yeras out of them by then its time to just replace the laptop at that point.

If my expereince changes I'll report back..but for now I'd say give it a shot.

* UPDATE 11/28/2010*
This little battery is still running great for me. No problems at all using this battery since buying it. I would strongly suggest this to anyone with an Inspirion 1525. It is recognized properly by windows and charges with no issues. I can use it for all of 3 hours browsing the internet with no issues. Buy this now.

*UPDATE 2/17/2011*
Battery still working great. No problems at all. Still getting about 3 hours of use out of a full charge. Still would recommmend.

*Update 10/20/2011*
Almost a full year using this battery. Still getting great power and long life from it. I figured if it worked for 6 months it would pay for itself. one year strong and showing great life. Strongly recommend this money saver.

*Update 2/28/12 almost a year and a half in and this little battery has paid for itself several times over. Still running strong
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 28, 2010
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
Be sure to get the "RoHs" battery featured here. I purchased a 9 cell battery from another seller at about the same time as this 9 cell battery. This one holds a 3 hour 40 minute (plus time to spare) charge (I tested with media player playing the first half the time and a backup running the second half - no idle time) and the other barely gets past 2 hours. HUGE difference. Also the other battery gets warm - not this one. Nice! I highly recommend this product.

As for the seller, the shipping time was fast and the price is decent, esp for what you're getting (it's like two thirds cheaper than buying direct from Dell if I'm not mistaken).

One one of the best buys I've made over the past 12 months. Kudos!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 20, 2010
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
The first gotcha was that this battery is quite a bit bigger that the one it replaced (RN 873) but it fit the slot fine. Just stick out and down a little.

Second gotcha was absolutely no directions which should be not problem but...Apparently Dell uses a Smart Power system which has thousands of complaints on the internet.

Anyway, I powered down, installed battery and powered up. Power options said 63%. OK so far. 12 hours later still 63%....Uh Oh.

Long story (about 7 hours of Internetting, calling, attempted BIOS flashes etc) developed many horror stories about LIon batteries and Dell power adapter. The dreaded "unknown device" syndrome.

Here's how Dell recommended a reset. First, power down and remove battery. Second, unplug AC Power adapter from computer AND wall. Third-Wait till green light goes out. In my case, went and got coffee and watch a show.

Fourth - plug adapter into wall and computer and power up WITHOUT the battery installed.
After boot up, insert the battery.

It worked?!!?!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 15, 2010
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
I bought this battery to replace the worn-out battery on my 2-year-old Inspiron 1525, which is battery model M911G. The one I received didn't fit the computer and it didnt look like the battery pictured above. Return was easy through Amazon, but disappointed that the battery didn't fit. Possibly my mistake, as the product description says it fits M911 (but doesn't say M911G).
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 7, 2010
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
This was a drop in fit for my Dell Inspiron 1545. No weird tricks involved to getting it changed. The instructions for getting the battery charged up were a little funky, but once you got the battery conditioned, it works great. I've been using it everyday since and have had zero problems with it. It was well worth the money to get the extended battery life! It does stick out from the laptop about an inch, but that hasn't been a problem.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 10, 2011
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
I currently run a computer repair shop in Greenfield TN (JM Repairs and More) and I purchased this battery for one of my customer's laptops. I always browse the online PC parts sources when searching for specific items for my customers so that I can get the best parts at the very best prices for them. When I received this item I charged the battery (I had also purchased a new power supply as well) to 100% and tested it to make certain the battery met my expectations regarding quality and longevity. This item did. I rated it at four stars and not five because I could not test it over a longer period of time. Laptop batteries can be tricky items because you are tempted to purchase replacements from the manufacturer (in this case Dell) but their authorized replacements are often the very same batteries you would purchase elsewhere and are usually manufactured in the same countries, (China, Taiwan etc..). Dell wanted $176.00 for a 6 cell replacement battery (at the time of this writing) and my customer received this 9 cell replacement for roughly $42.00. As of this writing my customer is still enjoying this product without complaint. That is always the happiest part of any transaction for me.
on February 11, 2010
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
The battery that came with my Dell laptop (Inspiron 1525) finally died after two years, and I was not about to spend big bucks on an official Dell replacement. This 9 cell battery works well! I have followed some of the suggestions made by others, like charging the battery fully and then letting it run most of the way down before recharging. If I'm just browsing the web, working in Word or Excel, or messing around with photos, I usually get close to four hours of battery life. Playing games drains it much faster. I suspect I'm losing battery capacity a little quicker than I did with my factory battery...I've only had this one a couple months and it seems like I lose a few minutes each time I charge it - could be my imagination, but that's why I gave it only four stars. It does stick out an extra inch beyond the back of my laptop, but it's not that big of a deal. Overall, it's a good battery at a reasonable price.
on January 13, 2012
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
Received the battery within the delivery time. The packaging was not damaged. The laptop recognized that the battery was connected/inserted into the laptop and the battery worked as far as providing power to the laptop. However the battery would not charge. The laptop indicated "battery connected but not charging". Thought it may be that the battery had to reach a certain point before it would charge. Used the laptop until the battery reached the 5% charge left and it still would not charge. Returning to manufacture. Unfortunate because I need a new battery.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Size Name: 9Cell-6600mAh-11.1vVerified Purchase
One of my first purchases with amazon.com and I am delighted!!!
Arrived really quick and good packaging.
This battery works wonders and has helped me actually use my laptop like it was before the original battery started deteriorating.
It gives me about 4hrs 30 min on routine function without video. With video it comes down to 3 hrs which is quite acceptable. Charging time is approximately 120 minutes from 10% to 100%.

Pros:
1. Cheaper than Dell original.
2. Lightweight

Cons:
-none right now.

I hope it continues to work so.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations