Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Battery Life? Do the batteries last very long? Do you constantly have to change batteries?
asked by Deborah Koerperich on June 2, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
One of the features I like about the A590IS is that it uses 2 AA batteries, they are cheap and available anywhere. With the LCD and flash turned on, I generally get about 100 to 150 pictures before changing batteries. Use of the flash will reduce battery life but I have found that I generally do not need the flash, even indoors. Any camera that uses only two AAs will have fairly slow recycle times (1 to 2.5 secounds) between shots if the flash is being used.
Joel S. Dean answered on August 28, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That depends on what you mean by "the batteries". Use Eneloops or their equivalent and they'll last long enough. Use Lenmars or some equivalent shoddy garbage if you're a masochist.
OldAmazonian answered on August 30, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Patrick Von Hyperborea answered on November 28, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It was because of battery life i sent the 590 back.The battery warning light came on after a short time using rechargable batterys,twice doing this i bought new rechargable batterys, 2500mah, after 15 pictures and downloading to pc. the 590 shut down because of low batterys.
Denis Schroeder answered on October 2, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Panasonic batteries that come with the camera don't last long.. I took about 30-40 pics (about a third of them with no flash) and it already warned me of "low batteries" after.

Luckily, about 2 days later after it happened, my eneloop batteries came in the mail!

Here's hoping I can get at least 500 shots without having to worry about the rechargable batteries dying so fast.
Arnold answered on October 25, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
OldAmazonian answered on October 2, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the warning! That's the reason I'm already looking for a new camera after owning the Canon Powershot A540 for a mere two years!
Vada Gaiche answered on November 6, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i had to send my camera in to Canon to be fixed. seems it goes through batteries very fast. next camera i get will have it's own battery. i do not recommend anyone buy this camera.
L. Clark answered on November 23, 2008
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product