5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it.
I bought this product to power my GPS and Cell Phone on my motorcycle. This product plugged right into my pig tail on my battery. It kept my GPS and Phone charged on my 800 mile road trip well worth the price.
Published on August 25, 2011 by Ferm

3.0 out of 5 stars A little big
This plugs directly into my battery charger hookup. Only issue is that some male cigarette lighter plugs fit very loosely in the socket.
Published on April 30, 2012 by Blowndodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it., August 25, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars I invented this., January 3, 2011
Never in one place long enough to charge a cell phone while on a long bike trip.

Most riders have these Deltran sockets hanging off their batteries, so I ordered an extra socket end and a 12v socket to build one. Genius, I thought. Use what's already wired in to the bike, and create my own charger.

It would solve everyone's issues. Be the hero on your next extended weekend trip with all the guys who need to charge their phone! As I was sharing my project with the group earlier this year, one of them said they saw one at a battery store the previous week.

The parts I bought added up to the price of this item.

The name of this item is a little awkward. The subject; "Your Amazon.com order of "FEMALE POWER PORT" has shipped!" needed a little explaining when it caught the eye of my wife when she glanced at my inbox.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazon purchase proves to be winner., March 9, 2012
Ross J. Ward (Mercedes, Texas, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this unit to put on my Harley to give me a power port for my gps. On the pro side it has a nice long cord of heavy gauge wire and the dust/rain cap is great. The only negative in my opinion would be....I would have liked a little more body length and maybe a couple of reinforced or built up areas to assist in mounting with zip ties. Of course I realize the manufacturer has no idea where or how this product will be used. The product arrived very quickly, was as described, and was of good quality. I am pleased. Once again an Amazon purchase proved to be NO HASSLE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for motorcycle riders, June 11, 2011
This review is from: Battery Tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect (Automotive)
I wanted to charge me phone while riding so I could use GPS without killing the battery. this is ideal just make sure you get a harness for the battery.
If you are looking to charge a phone or any other device that uses a USB charger, check this out in addition:
Scosche Dual USB Car Charger
This is the setup I use on my bike. It works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect adapter for my motorcycle needs!, June 8, 2012
I purchased this with Battery Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug so that I could use my GPS on my bike or charge my cell phone. This plug has plenty of cord and a cap to keep water out. A much needed addition to my bike!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little big, April 30, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorcycle use, December 7, 2011
G. Bell (South East of Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
I use this from time to time to connect my phone to the battery charger connection cable on my Harley. It works well and has never failed me in any way. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to keep on the Bike, September 23, 2011
Can charge Cell Phons ,GPS,I Pods etc. Get the male and female leads you can charge or boost another battery. With the Battery Tender leads.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, June 1, 2012
Great product, works as advertised. A couple of small things that keep me from giving 5 starts:

1) There's no cover for the quick disconnect plug. The battery connector -- to which this adapter connects through the quick disconnect -- has a small plastic cover that protects the plug from water, dirt, etc. Would have been great to have such a cover on this unit as well.

2) The female cigarette adapter offers no resistance when you put a male plug in or out. It still sits firmly in the socket but a traditional car cigarette adapter offers some resistance when you pull the plug out, so somehow this feels a bit flimsy, but hasn't really given me any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2008 Ultra Classic, April 26, 2014
This is a great item for keeping your cell charged while riding. Don't forget to unplug the accesory your charging while your bike is not running,It will drain your battery.

Rate and Discover Movies