Published on October 12, 2009 by Youdaman

3.0 out of 5 stars They work
It works great and hook up cold not be any easier. The only reason I will not give it 5 stars is the cables. The material the cables are made from do not like the cold. They are very stiff and will not stretch out and lie flat. My older "Battery Tender Jr" cable are much better.
Published 9 months ago by David Cookman

4.0 out of 5 stars Works As Expected, Extra Length Not a Factor in Effectiveness, October 12, 2009
This review is from: Battery Tender 081-0148-25 25' Quick Disconnect Extension Cable (Automotive)
The reason for purchasing this item is obvious. The built in protective caps for the ends are a nice touch. It would be great if they would include an attached chord keeper or cable tie, as I don't need the entire 25' length most of the time. I can see no difference in effectiveness of the charger whether this extension is inserted between the charger and the leads to the battery, or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 21, 2010
R. Armstrong (Huntsville, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I use this extension to allow me to mount the Battery Maintainer on a shelf in my garage that is near a power outlet. The extension allows me to drape it in the rafters of the garage and then the connections from the battery can come down from above. Before buying this extension I had to set the battery maintainer on the radiator of my truck with its hood up and run an extension cord over for the battery maintainer to plug into. With this extension cord I can unplug the battery maintainer, disconnect the battary maintainer connections from my truck battery and drape them over to the side, shut the hood and drive away. Before it was a hastle to disconnect the battery maintainer and move it over to the side of the garage before being able to drive off. The extension is worth the money to me for that convienence.

5.0 out of 5 stars also works with batteryMINDer, August 9, 2011
The insulation on this is not superthin cheapo stuff. The connectors fit snuggly. The connectors on this also fit batteryMINDer battery maintainers.

5.0 out of 5 stars extension, August 20, 2009
Larry (taylorville, il) - See all my reviews
now i dont have to try and cover the charger outside it can stay in the garage

5.0 out of 5 stars Using as extender cable for solar panels., May 29, 2013
I am using this cable as an extention cable for some Harbor Freight Solar Panels. Connector ends fit properly and the price was great. Received this product very quickly. Satisfied customer here.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you use the battery tender system, this is a great value, May 21, 2010
I bought the 4 output battery tender to maintain my gate battery and my portable jumpstarting cell, as well as a parked car. To connect everything together, these were great, and a low price too. My only pet peeve, and that's all it is, is that the connector is NOT waterproof and when there is 12V across it and it rains, the plating comes off the electrodes.

In the future for long term connections, I'd wrap a piece of electrical tape around the junction to keep water out - that would prevent the deplating of the conductors inside from leakage current.

The nice part is that it has a cover on one end to keep water out when not in use, so you can keep it nearby your car, capped, and ready to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Usefull, December 25, 2009
I'm using this with a Black & Decker battery maintainer.

I store my collector cars during the winter and I got sick of having to charge or jump them every year. Not to mention replacing the batteries more frequently. I initially bought a style of maintainer that sat up against the battery, had short direct connections which also meant cords between the car and the wall.

Then I bought the Black & Decker maintainers. But, wouldn't you know it the leads were decent in length, but still bridging the gap between car and wall.

Then I found these extensions. Now I got the maintainers mounted on the wall, the lead and extension going up and over a truss and down to the car hood. Cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Tender Plus Extender Cord, January 8, 2008
This cord is just what I needed to be able to put the charger unit in a convenient place and still reach the car. It's well made and at 20 feet allows a lot of flexibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Npower solar stuff, February 22, 2011
The connectors fit Npower solar arrays. The wire is heavier than that on the solar array, which I guess is a plus in long runs.

UPDATE: After buying several - they're handy for connecting 12v stuff in solar arrays - one came with an intermittent short. I couldn't ever figure out where the short was or what caused it, but I can't trust that cable and cut it up to see anyway what the wire gauge was. Answer - it appears to be 16 gauge wire (stranded). (measured 1.25 mm diameter, as well as you can measure such things without deforming the strand bundle)

The intermittent short suggests always fusing the circuits, if a battery is involved anyway, is a good idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it is supposed to be., August 22, 2010
kozchris "kozchris" (Boynton Beach, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Solid construction, works as designed. No problems. I'm using it to run from my battery tender under a garage door and to my car.

Battery Tender 081-0148-25 25' Quick Disconnect Extension Cable