5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery! Hint READ THIS BEFORE INSTALL!
I've purchased hundreds of products from Amazon for over the last 6 years and this is the first time I took time to review.
That's how much I love this battery!!
I received my battery on 02/07/2014 today is 02/19/2014, it took me 15 minutes to install but that's only because I had to take the battery out and re-install.
After the battery was completely...
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

Published 2 months ago by Sai

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery! Hint READ THIS BEFORE INSTALL!, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Anker® New Laptop Battery for Apple A1322 A1278 (2009 Version) Unibody MacBook Pro 13'', fits MB990*/A MB990LL/A MB990J/A+Two Free Screwdrivers - 18 Months Warranty [Li-Polymer 6-cell 5800mAh/64Wh] (Electronics)
That's how much I love this battery!!
After the battery was completely installed, I had the same problem as several other reviewers. My mouse pad was hard to press down on the lower left corner and it took a very hard push to get it to react, so I decided to remove and inspect the battery in comparison to my original MAC battery.
What I found was on the underside of the battery there are 3 tiny square rubber feet along the front edge of the battery.
On the original battery these rubber feet were flush with the surface of the battery and the rubber feet on the replacement
Anker battery are not flush, they are slightly higher so I simply peeled of the middle rubber foot ( which is the one located under the mouse pad) and VOILA! The mouse pad was fine. As a matter of fact it works better than when the original battery was in.
In short
I RECOMMEND REMOVING YOUR OLD BATTERY AND COMPARING THE RUBBER FEET TO THE NEW ONE BEFORE INSTALL or just remove the middle rubber foot right off the bat and all will work well.
The re-install took less than 5 minutes and my macbook pro works better than it ever did with the original battery which is great because I always felt like the macbook pro was just OK as far as performance but with the new battery I now understand what everybody loves about this machine.
Highly recommend this battery replacement for for macbook pro or any other compatible macbooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker Laptop Battery, July 18, 2013
Im very impressed. I have had great experiences from Anker purchases in the past, and this product proved no different. Installation was a breeze- (all that you need to do is take out 10 screws from the bottom of the computer with the included tool, and then take out 2 screws that hold in the original battery.)

This replacement fit very nicely, and after about 5 minutes I had a brand new battery installed in my laptop. Please note that you are supposed to charge the battery overnight before your first use. After charging the battery fully, I unplugged the laptop and gave it a test. Here I am a few days later, and I didnt even need to charge my laptop until now. Obviously I wasn't watching full movies or staying on my laptop for hours at a time, but this was the longest that I remember my battery lasting since it was brand new.

Overall I am very satisfied with this battery, and I definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a quality product. If its your first time doing this install, here is a simple 3 minute video to help you out! (Thank me later :])

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro and I have always been disappointed in the battery life of my Mac, July 17, 2014
Real quick a little background info about my individual situation when purchasing this battery:

I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro and I have always been disappointed in the battery life of my Mac. Even when my computer was brand new the battery life would last a maximum of 2-2:30 hours. After about a year it would only last about 1:30 hours with all power saving options (screen brightness, keyboard brightness, multiple apps running) taken into consideration.

Recently I received the "service battery" message and noticed substantially decreased performance in my machine. I reset the battery and fan settings and the proceeded to install Mavericks OS X, which you can download for free from the app store, and installed this battery; I could not be more pleased. I now get around 6 hours battery life when running a single browser or app such as Word or Pages. I could not be happier with my purchase of this battery. It also seems to charge just as fast, if not faster than the original and vastly out performs it.

I'm not sure if the original Apple battery that came in my MacBook Pro was a dud or what, but this battery vastly outperforms it. Highly recommend as you can't beat the compared to buying a replacement battery directly from Apple.

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs modification to fit in MBP 2010 and delivers average battery life., August 4, 2014
I bought this for my MacBook Pro mid-2010 model. Like the other reviewers, I had trouble with the trackpad clicking after installing this battery. Removing the rubber feet did not solve the problem. I had to completely remove the thick black sticky plastic cover to reduce the thickness of the battery. This area was directly under the trackpad. However, after removing the black cover, the trackpad works as normal. The battery cells are exposed now and I am concerned about the heat and any other impact this might have on the internals of my MBP.

The battery came with 1 charge cycle and with around 60% charge, out of the box. My old battery had over 600 charge cycles and lasted around 2.5 hours. This new battery seems to last only 4 hours comparatively. It definitely does not deliver the battery life of a new battery. Just to rule out software issues, I did a clean installation of OSX Mavericks and there was no improvement in the battery life.

I am considering returning this, but I'm not sure if Anker/Amazon would even take it back as I've ripped off the plastic sheet on the battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars MacBook Pro Reborn!, April 19, 2014
5 years into the life of beloved late 2009 MacBook Pro the battery suddenly began losing charge. When left unplugged I could count on maybe 15 minutes of video viewing, so I remained tethered. It had also begun to run incredibly slowly and I wondered if a serious and costly repair might be in order. The battery indicator displayed a warning icon, so (my AppleCare contract having expired) I decided to try my hand at replacing the battery myself. After researching the official Apple battery at TWICE the price, I decided on the Anker.

My experience with my new battery has been excellent. It arrived with two screwdrivers and detailed directions for replacing the old battery. It took about 5 minutes. Now not only can I once again watch movies without chaining myself to the fickle mag charger cord, but because the new battery provides more power with less heat (slowing down the processor) my MacBook Pro performs better than I ever would have expected!

4.0 out of 5 stars exceptional customer service!!, October 24, 2013
Although this product did not work for me, but Anker's exceptional customer service encouraged me to do the justice and update my review based on the customer service rather that the quality of the product itself.

Since I uploaded my initial negative review, Anker's customer service contacted me and offered to do whatever it takes to keep me satisfied. Although the return window was closed, they offered me the choice of either replacing the product or refunding me fully. I chose the second option and they kept following up to see if I got my money back or if there is anything else they could to keep me satisfied.

As I mentioned earlier, the product failed but Anker's customer service didn't! For this reason, I recommend doing business with them. They never leave you unsatisfied!

Initial review posted early on:

I did an extensive research to check the compatibility of this item with my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009). I also read many review on Amazon before buying this specific item. Although it was supposed to be compatible with my device, as soon as I installed the new battery, problems started too!

First, I needed to readjust date, time and clock every single time that the battery ran out. I tried all different strategies but it looked like the internal clock restarted when battery ran out.

Also, my laptop instantly ran out of power and shut down although there was a lot of juice let in the battery. somehow, my macbook stopped recognizing the battery and this happened more than a dozen of times before I decided to replace this battery with the old stock battery that I initially wanted to replace.

Finally, When I decided to return this item, amazon did not let me do this since the return window was closed.

I do not recommend buying this battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, was replaced for free in Canada, February 14, 2014
My First battery seemed fine at first, but after a few month was only holding a charge for less than an hour.

I contacted the seller and got this response: ''According to the information you offered, we are afraid the battery you received is manufacturing defective. Although we work hard to ensure high quality standards through multiple quality checks, we regrettably still come across defective products occasionally. Sorry for the inconvenience to you.In this case, we are more than happy to exchange a new one for you''

When they found out that I was no longer living at my US address and rather needed to get it shipped to Canada, I offered to pay extra shipping, but they agreed to just send me a new one. So far, it's working fine! I'll update if this is no longer the case.

1.0 out of 5 stars swollen battery and horrible customer service, August 15, 2014
ordered this battery for my MBP in April of 2014. It ran smoothly for a few months. Last couple of weeks noticed the trackpad on my MPB was "stuck". Looked online for suggestions and some people talked about "swollen" batteries, typically apple batteries. (August 2014) Opened up my laptop and discovered that this Anker battery was swollen and preventing the trackpad from clicking properly. Emailed Anker asking for a refund and have not heard back. Extremely disappointed in the battery and their lack of response. I do not recommend this battery.

8/18/14 Edit: Anker responded via email and offered a replacement or refund. Given that apple batteries have more complaints on swelling, I opted for a replacement of the Anker battery. I was then told that this specific model of battery was actually "flagged" due to some complaints of swelling and that it was advisable to simply issue a refund. I called them up and was told that I could request a replacement hoping that the replacement would be fine, that the level of complaints due to swelling is not currently "alarming" meaning that not all of this specific model battery are failing. (There is no risk with swelling such as explosion, I was told. If it swells, the only noticeable inconvenience is that the trackpad will be affected and difficult to use). If the replacement battery swells up again, I can at that time request a refund and move on. I will update this review in the near future for the replacement. For now I was advised to mail back the swollen battery (free of charge) and wait for a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, Fits Less So, Still Worth It, August 22, 2014
Here's the thing. It's handy that they give you the tools, and the battery is what they say it is. The problem is that it doesn't fit 100% properly into the space. Here's what I had to do:

1. Take the rubber feet near the trackpad off entirely. They come off very easily.
2. The shorter of the screws near the trackpad: DO NOT tighten it all the way. If you do, the trackpad is not 100% usable. Once I loosened that screw a quarter turn, the trackpad was usable again and without the rubber feet and with that adjustment, it's perfect.

My recommendation is to put the battery in, put the vanity cover back on but don't screw it on, flip it over and try it. You may need to make adjustments so don't put the entire cover on and screw in all the screws or you'll just end up taking them out if you need adjustment.

Aside from the fit, I'm very happy with it. It lasts as long as the original and charges fine. Overall I'd say buy it, just go slowly on the install.

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy fix to return, August 21, 2014
Battery did do fit my late 2011 Macbook pro. My track pad did not work when it was places inside. Easy fix to return. Thanks Amazon!