Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 26, 2007
The other week the electricity went out. It was late at night & all battery flashlights were dead cause I figured I would never need them. Wrong-- This little device is awesome. It is a very bright light and saved me from sitting in the dark all evening. You can easily read by this light. I listened to the radio as I sat there. The radio came in very clearly. I truly was amazed. I gave my daughter one and she was skeptical but is no longer in doubt as to what a little gem this is. Easy to wind, easy to operate and very handy to have. I am really glad I got one.
on November 23, 2010
The tuning button is a "scan" button that always starts from the lowest band. More importantly, there is no dial or readout that tells you which station you are currently hearing.

So, if you are looking for a particular station, you will have to guess based on approximate number of presses on the scan button (and content, of course).

It resets every time you shut off the radio, too, so get used to counting scans to approximately find a particular station.
on August 19, 2010
The outside of the radion is designed for ease of use. The crank is easy to pull away from the radio and turn. The sound is great and the light is bright.
on March 16, 2011
I saw one of my friends have something like this and I wanted to get it since I saw it and I found one...
Its nice so far and it works good.
I think its cute and easy to use jut got to be careful since it is plastic and might break if I drop it.
But I love it so far..
on December 27, 2012
Radio tuning is terrible. It scans for available stations. You can't pick a station by picking a frequency number. It works, but it could be better.
on March 19, 2011
Right out of the box, the radio didn't work...no sound...nothing. Flashlight worked nicely but that's only half of the value of the product. Also, didn't notice until I read the box that the radio is FM, probably not the best band for emergency information...my bad as I should have seen that when I ordered it.
on May 20, 2016
It works, but it takes a long time to wind up enough charge to keep the radio working. That doesn't worry me too much since it's really just for true emergencies.
on June 27, 2011
It is a handy wind-up flashlight and radio. Good to have on hand for unexpected power outages. Not as well-built as I had expected, but it does work.
on July 16, 2010
This is a great product, I took it camping and was able to get great reception out in the middle of nowhere. I originally bought it to use in
case of a major emergency, but then I though why not take it out camping. I loved it and it was only $14.95. Also the retailer I bought from
was super.
on April 8, 2015
great price for the item