Battery life? I'd like to see some notes here about how long your sensors lasted before the batteries died. the first one I bought here actually came with a dead battery, but so far the replacement they gave me hasn't conked out. But it's important for people to figure out how much this is going to cost them per month.
asked by jcaraway on August 7, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
That sounds like something is wrong with your product and if you have your receipt, I would return it or at least take it back to where you bought it and get some troubleshooting advice. My first one lasted nine months without turning it off so I think there might be something wrong with yours but hopefully it can be fixed.

About turning it off: After awhile of not using it, the sensor goes into sleep mode and while that doesn't use energy, it's much better to get into the habit of turning your sensor and ipod off as soon as you are done running [or transmit your runs to nike.com via itunes and then turn it off.] To turn off your sensor, take it out of your shoe and depress the little button for about five seconds with a pencil or pen. To test and make sure that it is off, activate the nike program on your ipod and try to start a run. The ipod should say something like "searching for sensor" and it shouldn't find it if your sensor is turned off. Now, to turn it back on, tap the little button five times with a pen or pencil.

For more information, visit http://www.apple.com/support/nikeplus/

Good Luck! :)
Marissa Webb answered on February 5, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Marissa - How do you turn it off?
I started using mine mid September 2007, and now (Feb 3, 2008), after logging about 200 miles, it's already died! It might be because I've never turned it off, because I don't know how... I just got a new one, and I wnt to try to preserve the battery life on it. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off? Thanks!
A. Kung answered on February 4, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have used these for over a year. My first sensor (Nov. 2006) worked well for long time without turning it off. But one key is only wear these shoes during your running. I try to drive in a different pair of shoes then change when I get to the place I run.

I later got a few dead in box sensors in the summer of 2007 when I was at one of the big box sports stores, but I don't think they sell these very fast at this retail chain (they are hard to find in the store and only a few people know what they are). I think now I would only buy at an Apple or Nike store or website and save the receipt for a whole year. I've had good customer service from Apple and expect the same of Nike as I heard you can return the sensor for replacement if it dies in less than a year. But I think buying directly from Nike or Apple you will get a "fresher" battery to begiin with.
Mike N. answered on June 10, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That may be true but the battery life should last longer than that because before you buy it, it's not in use. I would check with the store you purchased it from before I buy another one or anything... just a thought.
Marissa Webb answered on February 5, 2008

A
My sensor just died after only 3 months! I used it a fair amount (maybe 4x/week on average?), but logged less than 100 miles, I believe. I never turned it off or removed the piece from the bottom of the ipod--could that be why? I loved this product and would like to replace it asap, but I do feel a little cheated that it didn't last longer and would like to find out what to do to conserve the battery life on my next one.
Henrietta answered on April 2, 2008

A
I had my first one for nine months before it died. The thing is, I never turned it off and now I'm doing that with my new one. I know it goes into 'sleep' mode after awhile but I believe it's still better to turn it off if you're not using it for a couple of days. Also, they come with a year guarantee so this time I'm going to try and not lose my receipt.
Marissa Webb answered on September 13, 2007
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for your help! I've been reading some message boards, and it looks like that even though I didn't buy it until Sept, the item was manufactured in Aug 2006, so it's past it's warranty, and there's nothing I can do. =(
A. Kung answered on February 5, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 30, 2009 11:54:47 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product