Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 19, 2012
I have been pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of this charger. It charged a 200 AH 12 volt AGM battery from 66% to 100% in about 7 hours. Being accustomed to the analog meter on some of my older chargers, I thought these blinking lights were more or less for entertainment. Its true test will be if it can restore the Odyssey PC625 SLA battery from the brink of death, it has been discharged down to 9.3 volts while under load of a circulating pump. After about 40 hours of charging it is at 66%. I gave it a (4).
on May 10, 2013
I've been riding motorcycles for years - I was a motor-cop. But, sometimes my personal bike would sit for weeks, lonely and forgotten. Of course, I'd often find the older wet batteries too discharged to start it up. In the '90s I tried a simple Battery Tender with a float charge only. But, that seemed to overcharge the battery all the time, and I was constantly refilling the battery with water. About 2005 I switched to an older model BatteryMinder with desulfator, but without the temperature compensation. But, the float charge seemed to overcharge in hot summers and undercharge in the cold winters. In '09 I switched to a newer AGM battery and it seemed to be going bad this winter even on the charger (the bike had better start in 2 or 3 cranks or there was nothing left). So, I upgraded to this temperature compensated AGM specific charger. So far it has brought my old battery back to life (the desulfator, I'm sure) and I'm guessing that the thing just works as advertised - a little extra juice in cold weather. I have zero complaints so far during the cold months, and I'm anxious to see how it does through a hot summer where the old charger always overcharged. The temperature compensation in this one is supposed to reduce the charge in hot weather. Time will tell whether I rated it right or was too optimistic.
on July 11, 2014
I have had one of these exact units for a couple of years now and have it mostly devoted to keeping a backup battery pack charged. I occasionally would put it on other AGM batteries I had as needed. I eventually was moving it around so much, that I decided to get another one to move around so the original could do its job on the backup battery pack. I am completely satisfied with these units.

We use Amazon for most of our purchases and I update my reviews if anything changes with the products. I do this so other Amazon users can get a real feel for the life of the product. I am not associated with any company and all opinions are my very own.
on December 22, 2014
Had to buy new batteries for my diesel truck so I went with AGM batteries. AGM batteries require a little different voltage than regular lead acid batteries. My diesel sometimes sits for 2 months at a time without use, so I find this charger keeps the batteries charged, conditioned, and ready to go. I've used the regular BatteryMinder trickle charger on my lead acid batteries for years in my cars.
on December 30, 2014
Unit brought a 9 year old(!) BMW AGM battery in my 2006 330i back to life nicely in about 48 hours. The car only gets driven about once a month, so it doesn't ever get charged all the way up during driving. I leave the charger on it now in the garage, so it's always ready. I plan on replacing the battery soon and will continue to use the BatteryMINDer on it as well. Highly recommended!
on October 4, 2013
I previously had a trickle charger that finally bit the dust. Needed to replace it and did a lot of on line research before settling on this one. I have a slow electrical leak in my RAM 2500 pickup truck that the dealer cannot trace. If the truck sits for more than a few days without running, the batteries are two low to start the diesel. It has two 12v batteries hooked in parallel. I hook this system up on a heavy duty timer and let it run for 4-6 hours starting around 3AM. The truck never fails to start with just this simple setup, even in the winter (with the help of the engine block heater plugged in on the same timer).
on June 21, 2013
I followed the advice of others to fully charge the battery before using the desulfator. After the battery was fully charged I hooked it up to the BatteryMINDer, a minimum of two days for the UPS batteries and a week for the car batteries. One of the car batteries had been dying often I left connected for almost two weeks. After the batteries were charged I let them sit for a few days then checked their charge levels to compare with the readings right after I disconnected the charger. All batteries held their charge. All of them are going strong including the car battery and I've not had any issues with it since. I'm definitely a believer.

One note, it's been my experience that when storing the battery it's best to keep them off concrete floors and metal surfaces otherwise they will go bad. I usually keep the battery on a piece of wood.
on April 5, 2015
Item arrived on time and in excellent condition. I get this, to replace a 3 way unit, same MFG, which would keep resetting to jell mode, from AGM, which I returned. This unit has performed perfectly and keeps my battery topped off perfectly, in my RV. I would recommend this to others.
on July 6, 2015
So far, so good. It's pricey, but I brought my station battery (55AH AGM) back from the verge by charging and discharging three times. I also cycled some AGMs in four UPS's. One battery in an APC Backups Pro 650 was so shot I had to beat it out of the enclosure with a hammer and a pry bar, so there was on resurrecting that puppy.

Samo an 18AH in my auto starter/inflator. I didn't have to hammer it out, but a cell had fried and the battery case was cracked. The battery I ordered to replace the bad one was supposed to be an AGM, but the label DID NOT say AGM, and this charger got it through Phase 3, and stopped - no float, no more blue light. So I think the Charger decided it wasn't an AGM and did the right thing. Cool, eh?
on November 17, 2015
Probably great charger, but one should pay attention - you may not need a special charger for AGM batteries. For example, my Bosch 51R 440BAGM battery label says : Recommended Charging Voltage 14.4V +- .2V, so normal SLI changer is all it needed. This charger is designed for some advanced application AGM batteries that require charging voltage over 15V. I glad I made some effort to verify my battery specs and requirements before using this charger, otherwise I am not sure what the result would be :-)