Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 87% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360
|Price:||$17.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$22.99 (57%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio
- Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain
- The best online vehicular warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup vehicles
- Take the fight to iconic and unexpected urban locations in the USA, Middle East, and Europe
- Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Battlefield 3 is a First-Person Shooter (FPS) that is designed to attack your senses, delivering a visceral combat experience like no other FPS before it. Sequel to 2005's Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3 utilizes the updated Frostbite 2 game engine, which allows for advanced destruction, sound, and graphics as well as a focus on dense in-game urban settings. Additional game features include: classic Battlefield mission-based gameplay, an impressive array of vehicles including jets and tanks, large-scale maps, an updated soldier class, 2-24 player support online and more.
Return to the Battlefield
In Battlefield 3 players take command of a team of elite US Marines as they experience heart-pounding misson-based gameplay ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York. Along with ground combat, vehicular combat plays a major role with vehicles available including tanks as well as air support, featuring infrared and satellite imaging. The game contains both single player missions and competitive and co-op multiplayer actions supporting up to 24 players online, and set in diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.
The State-of-the-art Frostbite 2 Engine
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite 2, the next installment of game developer Dice's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground - the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.
Key Game Features
- The Frostbite 2 Game Engine - Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
- Feel the Battle - Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare - The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline along with an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles, all at your command.
- Urban Combat - Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
- Multiplayer Mayhem - Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online.
- Amazing Animation - The DICE team set out to takes animation to the next level with ANT technology (previously used in FIFA games) that now allows the creation of more believable behavior than ever before in an FPS.
- Fight to Scale - Simply put, in Battlefield 3 you will be able to engage across some of the largest maps ever created, while close quarter combat is available too.
- Massive Destruction - Destruction is enhanced on both a macro and micro level. Chips fly off blocks of concrete used for cover, while whole facades and buildings collapse in screeching clouds of dust and debris.
- Best-in-Class Audio - Building on acclaimed High Dynamic Range (HDR) audio from previous Battlefield games, Battlefield 3 builds on the best-in-class legacy with a brutally realistic soundscape.
Back To Karkand Expansion Pack - Now Available for Download
Back to Karkand is a massive themed expansion pack for Battlefield 3 and is now available for download on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and PC Download. It features four of the most loved Battlefield maps ever, boldly reimagined with the power of the Frostbite 2 engine. It also gives you new weapons, vehicles, dog tags, and persistence in the form of all-new "assignments" to carry out on the battlefield. The maps included are Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, and Wake Island. All have been redesigned from Battlefield 2 as a return years later, changing the scenery and adding the powerful destruction that Frostbite 2 brings to the game. Please note that this expansion pack does not come with the game. It must be purchased separately.
Feel the fight like never before.
Diverse real world settings.
24-player online support.
Extreme urban combat.
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
First, I have no idea what all the negative reviews are for. The game isn't without a few flaws, but in no way warrants a 1 star review. This is EA's blockbuster shooter that's set to compete with Infinity Wards MW3 for the calendar year of 2011. A lot of time an energy went into the game (and they even released multiple betas on all platforms to ensure they were meeting their customer's demands). Here is what you need to know:
- The game ships on multiple discs.
- Disc 1: CO-OP/Multiplayer/High Resolution Textures (requires 1.5GB for the installation of the high resolution textures if you want them (THEY ARE OPTIONAL))
- Disc 2: Campaign
- Thoughts: The game is enormous and can't be fit onto one disc. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. You're trying to run a game on hardware that's 5-6 years old. Due to the restriction of DVD sizes, compromises had to be made. I'm OK with this and you should be too. If you have a 4GB console, you may have to opt out of using the high resolution textures. However, the game can still be played without them; it's just not as pretty.
- The main reason many people buy this game is for the multiplayer, which I can say as a Battlefield Veteran that this doesn't fall shy of expectations. It plays similar to Battlefield Bad Company 2, which is a good thing. The settings were tweaked from the initial beta release. It isn't call of duty, so don't expect it to play that way. It's slightly slower, meaning that decision have a greater impact to the game.Read more ›
As a consumer of average video game consumption, i've shopped through the most oft-recommended/advertised multiplayer shooter series on Xbox360: Gears of War, Halo, and Call of Duty. All were fun, but with major drawbacks. Gears had mech-like sluggish characters. Halo was like one long frenetic ninja duel. And Call of Duty had poor graphics and an unbearable amount of eerily over-committed...students of the game. Battlefield 3 hits the sweet spot: just realistic enough that your actions actually have an impact despite lacking some gaming trick, yet maintaining a good pace throughout.
Most importantly, Battlefield 3's multiplayer makes, well, playing with multiple players fun. There's always someone to work in teams with. Your actions make a meaningful contribution to the team even if you're not individually a skilled killer. Other players are encouraging and, if you feel disheartened from dying many times, there is always someone on your team to deploy next to and follow their lead. There are fewer trash-talking cowards hiding behind their screen names here because--i'm guessing--they generally don't have the patience for a team effort.
And besides, it's a good game, pure and simple. Who cares about small glitches or whether it's better than other video games; no game is perfect. It's like complaining about receiving cash because it isn't stacked neatly.Read more ›
1) It was CONFIRMED that for Xbox 360 and PS3 that there would be a High Res Pack (1.5 and 2GB respectively) because the bandwidth for DVDs and BluRays are not fast enough to load all of the content in HD. (yes there are loading screens but that only loads the "basics" you then have to have real time loading for bullets and objects that the player walks to) And for crying out loud, its just 1.5GB, if you don't have HDD space, you can simply go to WalMart, Target, or heck if you knew about it, Amazon and buy a 2GB Flash Drive. You can definitely get them for less than $10 and if you check Fry's you can even get them for $0 after rebate.
2) BF3 and CoD: Black Ops were in development AT THE SAME TIME. If Dice was to copy Black Ops, they would have had to basically build the entire game in one year. They obviously did not because then BF3 would have come out next year or would have been impossibly rushed. And, they could not have just waited for Black Ops to release and then make the campaign. Multiplayer maps are based off of the campaign maps and the campaign would have taken more than just a year to build.
3) Bugs and glitches, BF3 is an ENORMOUS game. (I mean its on 2 discs for crying out loud) The maps are probably 10 times bigger than those of CoD and on top of that, you have to add in FrostBite 2, so you gotta code in every single piece of the game to fall apart when its shot at. This is VERY difficult to do.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Battlefield 3 is a personal favorite, and it delivers a great immersive dealing. The only flaw is the graphics, other than that, it has excellent gameplay.Published 5 days ago by Amazon Reviewer
dice is the greatest video game company in the universe there true genius's the best of the best dice rocks all the games that dice made from the 90s,2000s,2010s and 2015 are the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ivan Orozco