Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

• Customer Reviews

on November 21, 2013
I'm a pretty easy person to please. If one component of a game doesn't work, I'll patiently move on to a different component or figure out a workaround. Here's what BF4 has been like for me:

Multiplayer's biggest draw (64-player conquest) doesn't work.

No problem, I'll play other multiplayer modes.

Other modes kick you out of games 50% of the time.

No problem, I'll play single player campaign.

Single player save files are corrupted and/or deleted around 50% of the time.

No problem. I'll make sure I arduously back up the save file every time I play.

After busting ass on a 90-minute long level, my save file gets corrupted between the 10 seconds it takes me to finish the session and back it up.

No problem. I'll just go out to the garage, douse this game in gasoline and smack the molten plastic as it burns with a rusty shovel.
2727 comments|551 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
UPDATED: From 2 STARS to 4 STARS, reasons shown at the bottom.

I first got into the Battlefield series on the PS3 with Battlefield 3. I absolutely loved it. I've heard all the arguments against it, but it sat very well with me and provided hours of great fun for my buddies and me. Naturally, I have been very excited for this game after the experience I had with BF3.

Cons:
Sadly, this has been a profound disappointment so far. I have had the game since the PS4 launch, and I have managed to play through the single player once and about a dozen of multiplayer matches. I haven't had as many issues as some of the other comments have described, but my experience has certainly not been bug free. The game crashes regularly (I'm lucky I made it through the campaign unscathed), commander mode is broken, matchmaking is unreliable at best, no prelobby party creation options, and the netcode is one of the worst I've seen. I still haven't played a single conquest match, the absolute bread and butter of the Battlefield series. Needless to say, the game is utterly unfinished, and EA has managed to prove that they rushed this title through testing in an attempt to make some extra cash (something EA tends to do regularly). On top of all of that, the campaign is dry to say the least. I played it out of a sense of obligation. It's simple, don't buy this game for the campaign, it is a multiplayer experience with a crappy mini-game attached.

Pros:
All that being said, I gave the game 2 stars, instead of 1, for a reason. Something you may notice about the issues being experienced so far (other than the connection to EA, and the low quality campaign), are all things that can be fixed via patch. On the other hand, the things that COULD NOT be fixed using a simple patch; basic gameplay, game modes, map design, graphics, resolution, frame-rate, audio, gameplay mechanics, etc., are absolutely PHENOMENAL in my experience. The visuals are stunning, including player movement which has always been a challenge for FPS multiplayer games. Motions are fluid and smooth, but manage to still be quick and responsive. Each one of massive number of weapon attachments makes a distinct difference in the way each gun handles, ensuring that there is a weapon out there just for you, no matter your play style. The vehicular combat is excellent as always, but doesn't obsolete the need for skilled foot soldiers. Levolution, depending on the map, is at worst interesting, and at best epic and game changing. The list truly does go on and on, and due to these genuinely incredible strengths; the level of immersion is unmatched in my experience.

Conclusion:
In short, the game is simply broken, so unless you have the extra cash and are willing to stash the game away or deal with constant frustrations, don't put any money down just yet for BF4. However, and I truly believe this, IF the errors I described above are resolved, this game may quickly become the best multiplayer FPS game of all time. Even if it falls short of that, the ground work is there for this game to anchor anyone's Playstation 4 game library. Overall, I am not upset that I purchased this game, as I am choosing to trust that DICE, despite EA's incompetence, will find a way to make this right. However, for those less naive than myself, proceed with caution until drastic changes are made.

UPDATED:
Over the weekend DICE released a number of fixes for this game. Either they were server side patches, or my system downloaded a client patch and I didn't notice, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I put in my game and gave the multiplayer my daily try to see if anything had changed. As far as I can tell, the multiplayer is largely fixed now. Obviously it still will require a few tweaks (my game still did crash once, but I played for almost 14 hours this weekend and only 1 crash, versus once an hour before), but the meat of the content is playable now. I won't go into any lengthy detail on what has changed this weekend, just know that the game is playable now. So far my experience since the updates has been phenomenal! I'm hedging my review at 4 STARS for now, but will update in another week or so after I get a bit more time into the multiplayer. I fully anticipate bumping my rating to 5 STARS.
1414 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2013
If you are looking for the greatest online first person shooter multiplayer experience then this is the game you NEED to buy. I've had the game since release day and I've racked up 160+ hours of online play.

Graphics: The graphics on ps4 are unbelievable. If you have ps4, this game is worth playing for the graphics alone. The maps are very detailed and there's plenty of customization options. When a rocket gets shot at you, you hear the exact noise you'd expect from a movie. Bullets zip past your head and explosions are plentiful. Almost everything on the map can be destroyed, including the ground itself.

Maps: Depending on the game mode you like, the maps are varied in size. I will be basing this off of the game mode conquest. All of the maps except one are filled with vehicles. 3 types of choppers, 2 types of jets, 2 types of boats, 3 types of tanks and several vehicles for transport only (quad bikes, jet skis, jeeps etc.) The best part is, you don't have to waste your time trying to get 8 kills in a row to earn a chopper. They're all waiting for you at your deployment and throughout the map. These maps are MASSIVE. if you were to run end to end it would take probably 10 - 15 minutes. Due to the length of time that games usually last, there really is plenty of maps. It would probably take 5 hours to play through all of the maps in one sitting on conquest. There isn't a single map that I truly hate. They're all so large that you can really do anything you want. If you wanna run and gun, sit back and snipe, fly choppers, drive boats and tanks or destroy everything, it's all possible on nearly every map.

Levelution: Easily one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a video game. In one level you can blast open a dam and flood the map, on another map you can take down a massive skyscraper or massive sniper towers, or crash an aircraft carrier into an island. It almost creates a whole new way to play the map. For example, one of the objectives is at the top of the skyscraper; having trouble taking the objective back? Take the building down and eliminate elevator campers.

Weapons: There's well too many to list. There's snipers, assault rifles, submachine guns, semiautomatic rifles, light machine guns, shotguns, pistols, knives, grenades

Customization: I think the only thing you can't customize is your player's gender. You can change the camouflage (probably about 50 different camos) of your uniform, vehicles, and weapons. There's also about 20 different scopes and sights you can put on your guns, and things like lasers, flashlights, suppressors and even different types of ammo for certain guns.

Pros:
+ number of weapons
+ number of customizations
+ amount of maps
+ vehicles
+ levelution
+ 32 vs 32 player games
+ excellent graphics
+ dlc released fairly quick

Cons:
- maps can be overwhelming
- very difficult to snipe at times
- choppers are too easily destroyed
- no parties (you have to join a friends game to play with them) this is by far the most frustrating feature not included in the game.
- crashes - haven't experienced it on ps4 yet, but on ps3 it was seriously ridiculous.
- takes forever to level up in the higher levels
- difficult to get kills occasionally
- spawning in to a death (unfortunately occurs fairly often due to the option to spawn on squad members)

Honestly, it's very hard to write a review for battlefield 4 because there's well too many things to talk about. If this review hasn't provided enough to give you some idea of whether you should buy it or not then be sure to check out youtube videos or other reviews. Make sure to check out this site for detailed information on weapons, maps, vehicles etc: [...]

Hopefully this was helpful. Feel free to leave comments if you have questions, feedback or if you just want to be a hater that's fine too!

****UPDATE****
I've just completed the campaign of the highest difficulty, and honestly it's easier than any of the COD campaigns and could easily be completed in 6-8 hours depending on skill level. Some things to note: there are 3 different endings which are all dependent on what you choose in the final mission, and there are multiple weapons and dog tags to collect in every level (each level unlocks can be used in multiplayer as well). Honestly, I found the campaign to be a lot of fun. There weren't really any segments that were overly challenging which was a nice change of pace from most fps campaigns. Your health regenerates very quickly, your squad members are willing to help you if you command them to. I also liked the idea of earning bronze, silver or gold medals in every level. My biggest complaint of single player is the fact that the guy you play as has no dialogue! I mean was it really that difficult to cast someone! I just found it really annoying when characters would say something to me and my guy never had a response to anything. One last complaint is there is no cooperative option. For nearly every mission you have at least one AI controlled squad member, so... why not let a friend play be that character? Overall, decent campaign but don't get too excited about it.

Thanks for reading.
on November 19, 2013
Of all of the next gen games at release, I was most excited about BF4. After the install and boot up, I was not dissapoionted. The graphics, sound and overall feel of the game were spectacular. I loaded into online, where I am admittedly terrible and had a fantastic lag free experience.

I pulled it out and went through the other launch titles I purchased. When some friends arrived to check out the PS4, BF4 was the easy choice. And then the crashing began. At first I thought it was the PS4 (having heard of some peoples issues and my unfamiliarity with the system). It continued to crash over and over. Since Friday, I have not been able to log more than 15-20 minutes without the crash. After some homework, I discovered that BF4 is broken or near broken across all platforms. This has made what looks to be an amazing game a dust collector.

Unfortunately, 1 star is all I can give. I paid full retail for a broken product. Even more dissapointing is that there is no fix on the horizon. No doubt it could be better, but it is what it is.
on March 31, 2014
Original review preserved below, but now a full year+ after this game was first released, it is finally not infuriatingly annoying to play. Not only that, but the latest map pack (Final Stand) is absolutely awesome. I am a level 130 so I have a lot of time in the game. I suffered through a lot of stupid public beta testing via EA public relations department (aka sales pushing this out before it was done). The big AAA houses all do this and this is why I would STRONGLY encourage people who were waiting it out for whatever reason to NOW buy BF4 at its one-third cost compared to launch pricing. I paid $110 including premium, but honestly the only map packs that are all that interesting are the vanilla ones and this latest pack, Final Stand. But that is just me. I LOVED BC2 but hated BF3, and now that I've ranked up in BF4 on the PS4 I can't even play the PS3 games. This game is actually why I bought a PS4 (I was a level 106 by then) and it was insanely disappointing and aggravating to play a broken game for so damn long.

But a huge improvement was that when the PS4 version crashed, it didn't require rebuilding the entire file system with two reset cycles which made me feel sorry for my PS3. On the PS4, when it crashes (and it still does occasionally), it just stops the game and you have to restart it. But that is a lot less common now and BF4 is much more fun to play now. ANNNNND, DICE has announced that they are NOT done with BF4 content. With Final Stand as any guide, they are getting better and better at building huge 64 player maps for the PC/PS4/X1 peeps (my second-favorite of the DLC maps was the one before this last one, Dragon's Teeth.) Final Stand combines huge open areas with massive yet intricate CQ areas, and the snowy locations remind me of some favorite BC2 maps. ;)

I actually hope a huge new wave of players and new PS4 owners are discovering BF4 so I have lots of people to play with for a long time. ;)

ORIGINAL REVIEW: The game itself would be great if they ever fix it! I had zillions of crashes and freezes on PS3, and when I got the PS4 version, it is COMPLETELY unplayable due to horrible stuttering during gameplay. DO NOT BUY this or any other EA/DICE game until they improve their track record of releasing absolute CRAP and using the public as beta testers. Its been since October and the game is too frustrating to bother with. BFBC2 is a FAR better game overall, and BF3 is way more stable if you like the look of the post-BC2 BF games. BOYCOTT BF5, too unless it is PERFECT on release day!
on November 19, 2013
+++Original Review:++++
(1 star)
Servers are beyond messed up. Until EA fixes the multiplayer servers and the game crashes, this will stay at one star.

You can play conquest mode (the best mode in multiplayer), you can play commander mode (a fun mode brought back), and the game crashes randomly.

Then they blame the PS4 update.. when infact the PC version of the game does the same thing on their servers.

When you can get it to work (Rush mode is what I play for now) its really fun..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
++++11/25 update:++++
(2 stars)

1. You can now play conquest mode and commander mode. The game will still randomly crash to the blue screen (game crash, restart game.. not the PS4).

2.The lag is pretty horrible sometimes (i may be getting on the other US coasts server) on the Conquest modes and I have 60mb download and 20mb upload, so its not my connection.

3.I do play commander on my iPad and its actually lots of fun if you have 20 mins to kill.

4. EA/DICE has made a comment about not being able to meet up with friends in a 'pre lobby' like BF3. So you just have to get lucky by trying to join their games over and over until you get it. This is a pretty bad call.
++++11/27 update Patch notes and Event:++++
(4 stars)

1. Added two more stars to the review after the new patch. Havnt had the game crash, but the servers changing maps time out sometimes.

2. Lag can hit you pretty hard in Conquest mode, but that could me playing on the West coast and the server being chosen is on the East or Europe.

NEW PATCH FROM EA TO FIX PROBLEMS:

-Fixed common crashes that could occur when changing weapons or maps.
-Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign.
-Fixed a crash occurring when resuming the single player campaign.
-Fixed a bug where accessing PlayStation Plus subscription resulted in a connection error.
-Improved performance when shooting at destroyed Levolution objects.

**Appreciation Event for Fan from EA. **

"To show our appreciation for your patience as we work through these issues, we are announcing that from November 28 through December 5, we will reward all players with Double XP for every multiplayer match they complete. We understand that the launch issues may have impacted your progression, and we want to do everything we can to help you get back the XP that you may have lost. Also, to cap off the week, on December 5 we will give all players that log in to Battlefield 4 multiplayer a M1911 pistol scope. This special sidearm scope, previously reserved for our DICE developers, has a 3X zoom and is available for all classes in Battlefield 4."
on March 12, 2014
This is a great game ruined by the fact that after you spend the initial $60, you find out that the number of maps is extremely limited. Then they have the nerve to ask for another $50 for content that should have been part of the original game. It's laughable. I've played every BF game since 1942, but this is the end of the line for me.
on December 24, 2013
Why is this game broken for being such a big release?

Sure it's fun when it works but that's not often.

Pros:

Fun gameplay
Good graphics (ps4)
32 v 32 possible

Cons:

Single player (yes I play single player) is broken, I have restarted the campaign numerous times. I don't even know why I do. It's like torture. This should have been priority one to fix.
Let's not give you access to all the game modes but instead make you pay for them. This is just as bad as blank spots in a car to show you how cheap you are. It would be nice if it was maybe a one time fee but no, it's an ongoing fee to play the other modes. EA you already make enough money, water down game selection, and yet you still want to charge this much for "most" of the game that doesn't work?

Unacceptable.
on February 27, 2014
Love the BF series games. Went from the Xbox 360 to the PS4 on this game, and the graphics are Night and DAY!!!! Gorgeous rendering and Frostbite 3 work wonderfully on it. Here are a list of pros and cons.
Pros
- Graphics are Crisp and clean
- 48 player multiplayer maps (compared to 24 player maps)
- Tons of new configurations to vehicles and load outs
- Commander mode is a great, fun new addition
- Leveloution is a blast.
Cons
- Game is riddled with bugs, has latency issues with the server (mainly on conquest mode, conquest did not work for first month of release).
- Other than the bugs the game is fun as all get out.

This game has made leaps and bounds in fun factor. As far as the "new generation" of FPS this is the one to play. Had Ghosts and turned it in for cash after a week, game was very repetitive. This game has had significant amounts of changes to it to make it different, and I highly recommend buying the Premium pack to get the extra maps of new and old BF3 maps for extra carnage on this game.
on November 24, 2014
Wanted a FP shooter game while I waited for the next COD. This was a pretty solid game.

Pros:
-Good graphics package
-continuous story line
-weapons package grows with experience

Cons:
- Few places in the game the graphics had a gremlin. But these were temporary.
- Story line while solid, had too much lead-in material...just let me play already
- A little on the short side. Completed in 6 hours or so.