4.0 out of 5 stars Some Great Improvement from BF3. Something to be fixed badly as well!
[2/9/14 Update: Finally, hope & tips on minimizing MP game freeze and how to choose map in MP below. For all your soldier class upgrade, select back to the basic Defensive. I tried that last night and no game freeze for 5-6 games in a row. Hope it'll continue to work. If that's the case, really, that's what's been causing the game freezes? 2/11: Forget it. It still...
Published 8 months ago by Unbiased Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Campaign Is Glitched
I bought this game but I wanted to give people a warning that like most games being released nowadays, Battlefield 4 didn't go through the best Q&A session and there is a major glitch.

Published 8 months ago by Dylan S. Yankowsky

3.0 out of 5 stars Campaign Is Glitched, November 3, 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)

The campaign is glitched and will reset your save if you stop playing the game and come back to it later. So it seems you may have to do the campaign in one session or else there is a chance of having your last checkpoint lost and start from the beginning again. I checked online and this is a common glitch most people are having. Wait for a patch.

To release a game with that big of a glitch is quite ridiculous. Also for people who don't care about campaign and just want more multiplayer, there are weapons and dog tags that you can get exclusively by playing campaign. So take that for what it is.

The multiplayer is good although there are no dedicated servers and the aiming seems a little off to me for some reason. Also, the graphics do not look so good for the most part. I know they had to tune it down for consoles but there are way more better looking games out there for consoles.

For right now, this is kinda a unfinished game that desperately needs to get patched. Wait a little bit and this game will be more fun to play. Maybe when Call Of Duty Ghosts sales numbers come out, that will motivate Dice and EA to make a patch for this game.

Battlefield 4 is a fun and exciting multiplayer game but it needed a little more polish and testing before it was released on shelves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield 4 is still in Beta mode, November 3, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
It seems the entire game needs a rework. It wasn't nearly ready for a full release and this just shows how greedy the game companies have become, trying to beat out COD by releasing early. Can't squad up with teammates on a game designed around teamwork? Can't customize kits with hundreds of options without getting into a game? Can't filter out full servers, or even find a non-full server until all the way down at the bottom of the list? Servers crashing? XP loss? Battlepacks glitching? Underpowered guns? Underpowered helis?

Yeah, save your money and your time. Skip this one until it's fixed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing more than a quick cash grab, November 18, 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I really love the Battlefield series. On the PS3 I have Battlefield: Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Bad Company 2 Vietnam, and Battlefield 3. They are all amazing games and I spent hundreds of hours on each one of them. However, I cannot recommend Battlefield 4 to anyone. The issues with this game are almost too numerous to list. From constant freezing issues, framerate issues, multiplayer stats not saving, bad controls, to single player campaign saves getting deleted. You can't create a squad with your friends prior to joining a map. You can't customize your loadout in the main menu. To top it all off, the graphics are worse than Battlefield 3, which came out 2 years ago. How is that even possible?

Let me talk about the controls for a little. THEY ARE TERRIBLE. They changed too much from the previous Battlefield games. Why try to fix something that isn't broken? Why can't I drive vehicles with the R2 and L2 buttons? Why is the spot button R2? Why does the select button bring up the battlelog (the Battlefield social network)? Who in their right mind would want to browse a social network in the middle of an online match? They didn't really think this through. Why are the reload and enter/exit vehicle buttons the same? All of these issues could have been avoided had they kept the controls the same as in Battlefield 3. After doing some reasearch, I have come to the conclusion that they changed the controls to try to appeal to Call of Duty fans. I think it backfired big time. It pissed off a lot of the veteran Battlefield fans and the Call of Duty fans are playing Ghosts anyway.

It's pretty clear that this game needed another 6 months of development but EA rushed it out before Call of Duty Ghosts and the holiday season. They should be ashamed of themselves for that. We have to stand up for ourselves and vote with our wallets. We will not tolerate companies releasing rushed, broken games. I urge everyone to save their money and pass on this game. You'll thank me later. Simply put, THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I am a huge fan of Battlefield, but this games was just horrible. Freezes, glitches, and erases campaign progress constantly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Still in beta! AVOID!!, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I bought this game off the PSN store so I could level up before I get a PS4 (taking advantage of the $10 upgrade deal), and yes, it is exactly like playing a Beta version of a real game. My advice is to WAIT until they patch this crap at least once. I searched for news about a patch and they (DICE) said there is nothing imminent. Which just means they are, as usual, s****ing on their customers. BEWARE you are buying a $60 Beta-version game here, if you do decide to buy it. My biggest complaints are just buggy gameplay and frequent crashes. If you want the BEST all-time #1 multiplayer combat game, buy Battlefield Bad Company 2. It is THE BEST, ever, multiplayer combat game, ever.

2.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield 4: less than average, November 1, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Single player is boring and checkpoints are poorly placed. if you are at the boat section and die, then expect to die again as soon as the checkpoint reloads as it places you directly in the line of fire! I died four times in a row and wasn't even able to fire a shot before my boat blew up. That was neat.

They took the best parts of BFBC2 and BF3 multi-player and threw them out; this franchise was promoted as the ultimate team shooter but now is just a rambling mess. Want to squad up with your friends? Join a game and hope they get on the same server and team because you can't set up in the pre game lobby anymore. Want to customize your loadout before playing online? Better have a computer nearby and access the battlelog because you can't do it from the pre-game lobby! Want to fly a helicopter fast and low? good luck since the altitude controls and throttle are on the same thumbstick. Also, don't press the select button during gameplay unless you are desperate to see if your friends are on the battlelog.

The maps are ok, and there is a nice test lobby that you can use to practice flying without being harrased.

Overall, these problems are too much to overcome and I cannot recommend it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Battlefield EVER, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
If I could rate this a negative I would. This game is garbage. EA has destroyed the Battlefield series and with a no refund policy on their games, save your money for something else. Total ripoff.

1.0 out of 5 stars unplayable broken mess., November 17, 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
This game is completely broken on PlayStation 4. You cannot even get into a game. Fix this dice. If you ever do actually get into a game, it is quite fun, but that is a very big if.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick with BF3 and BFBC2 if you liked the controls., November 2, 2013
I am sorely disappointed. I understand that this version was built for PS4 and then the quality of the graphics were reduced to play on PS3, but I'm not disappointed with the graphics (even though it seems to be much lower quality than BF3 or BFBC2). I have had some serious stuttering occur in spite of the graphics reduction, but there are many other disappointments available.

What I am disappointed with graphics wise are the glitches, zooming in with a scope only to see some intangible object that wasn't there before creating a glitchy line across the screen obscuring my view that goes away if I am a hair to the right or left (was on a rock with no grass and no trees aiming towards the window of a building), menu glitching when not even in a game (it's as if they released the beta for PS3 guys to play). They also seem to make the fog of distance occur a bit closer on some maps, but there are still some places where you can do 400 yard shots.

I am disappointed in the removal of features we all love like being able to spot/mark an enemy, being able to control vehicles the same way as previous BF games, being able to check the individual scores in the middle of a match (holding or tapping select now brings up the friends menu as if I'm constantly wanting to switch to friends games or check their stats rather than spotting or checking scores).

The thing that makes it really rough and leaves a bad feel to the game I think is that the user interface is much less intuitive than before and the ease of use from the BFBC2 and BF3 menus are gone. One example of this would be that the menu logic is not structured the same and to change your loadouts you actually have to be in the game. There are no grid interfaces for seeing the weapons you have and their statuses. There seems to be little effort to maintain the series functionality in this release, the gameplay options and customization of your character are missing from the important places.

I miss the gameplay options DICE had in BFBC2 and BF3 like the coop missions unlocking stuff and the ability to see the assignments in grid view - DICE will probably come out with more on updates or pay packs (I hope I don't have to pay for them, I already regret buying the game and the premium)

I am happy about new maps which have more of the environment be destructable, and there may even be ground destruction potential (I loved that about the earlier BF, being able to blow a hole in the ground, climb in it, and wait for the enemy). I like that the weapons have plenty of unlocks, though it seems dreadfully slow compared to the previous games (probably want people to buy the unlock packs when DICE comes out with them - i'm disappointed in them for that). I think the kill cam is a bit better than the previous version.

The redeeming qualities on this one seems to be the variety of weapons and their unlockables, and the return of highly destructable environments. I did notice after the update that I can use the server browser and tag favorite servers again, so at least there's that from the last one.

DICE may face a serious loss of followers if they don't fix some of these things before the next COD is released. I'm probably going to go back to BF3 and BFBC2, and not get a PS4 until some quality BF titles are released on it(and an alternate design controller is released).

I may just have to stop being a Battlefield fanboy :'(

UPDATE: Edited to reorganize and add info about stuttering

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun game for fans, flawed mess for everyone else, November 3, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I am a huge fan of the Battlefield series, played a lot of 1942, bad company 2, and BF3. If you are an avid fan, and can overlook ALOT of flaws, this game is fun. Like everyone says the graphics are bad. Horrid even. Campaign is glitchy with poor hit detection, sway, and freezes/crashes. Plotline is decent, though I haven't finished it.

Multi is fun as ever, but if you played the beta, expect that level of quality. Everyone is saying its made for the next gen systems, and I hope so, cause if it doesn't impress I doubt anyone would buy anything else from this franchise, BF4 on ps3 is that bad.

Everyone saying it is a step backwards and worse than bf3 in every aspect is correct. It has the quality of some game ya found in the bargain bin. very very poor.

The controls have been changed to best utilize new next gen layouts, but I set my control scheme to veteran, and heli/jet sticks to legacy. It wasn't that bad to adjust, had the hang of it in a few rounds.

No doubt this was rushed to market, it has no business being on a retail shelf.

If you are new to the Battlefield series, or where thinking about checking it out, wait for ps4, or rent it. this ps3 version isn't going to steal away any fans of other games, and would leave you scratching your head asking," this is the great battlefield series?" Overall a very poor presentation.

Now, the game does have a fun factor, I did enjoy playing online, but I am a fan of the series, and only rented the game. I am not going to buy it on ps3, and cant really recommend that anyone buy it.

They should have made bf4 next gen only, and released new maps for bf3 to satisfy current gen. It is apparent that little time went into the ps3 version.

Though a huge fan of the series, it pains me to say, don't buy bf4 on ps3, its garbage. I know next gen is just moments away, but if a company is going to release a product and charge top dollar for it, they better do it right. current gen bf3 is just wrong.

I look forward to doing a 5 star bf4 review for ps4, as the parts are there for a great game, I just hope that for ps4 they put it together properly

Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3
Battlefield 4 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
$49.99 $25.11