Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on January 9, 2011
I have Bad Company 2 on Steam. When I purchased the Vietnam expansion on Amazon, I simply entered the code in the Bad Company 2 main menu and Vietnam was activated without any problems. All of the content for Vietnam was apparently in the last huge patch for Bad Company 2. Vietnam is multiplayer only so those looking for a single player game have been warned. Overall, Vietnam has a different feel from BC2. The maps are huge and open, each of them are unique. There are five multiplayer maps total and all of them take place outdoors. The jungle experience and scenery is captured perfectly in this expansion. I found myself getting shot by Vietcong in rice paddies and facing intense close combat fights on jungle paths. The downside to the openness of the maps is that you will have to deal with a lot of snipers, more so than in BC2.

There are about four unique weapons for each class and the perks attained in BC2 (magnum ammo, extended mags, vehicle upgrades) are available to use. Shooting and aiming with the weapons is more difficult with just iron sights as scopes have been removed (except for sniper rifles) as well as UAVs and other high-tech equipment. It seems like the weapons do more damage also. Its pretty intense when you are facing RPK machine guns and "thumper" grenade launchers in the jungle with a beat-up M-16. This game just feels gritty and realistic.

I'm enjoying this expansion, its much more challenging and realistic than BC2 and requires a fair amount of skill and teamwork. I definitely recommend it if you liked Bad Company 2.
55 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2011
I actually like this expansion pack better than the original game and find it difficult to go back to the regular BC2 game any more. Why? Because the weapon hit detection is much better in the expansion, much more like BF2 or 2142, plus different weapons that are fun to play with. More than anything though, with the maps, the hit detection being correct, and the additional weapons, it's just more fun to play than regular BC2. Oh, and no annoying Gustov spamming. There are RPGs, but they're so slow and have so little splash damage they're hardly ever used on infantry which is a welcome change from Gustov and noob tube spamming. Lastly, the Huey's fly well, not at all like the ones in regular BC2 that handle like boats...and did I mention flame throwers? :)
on August 3, 2011
This Vietnam expansion for BFBC is fun and all, looks good and everything.
But the reality is that no one plays it, so with it being an online only expansion, you gotta have the other players for it to be fun, but when I played it, I was lucky to find anyone.
Just my personal opinion, use your money for something else, don't waste it on this.
on June 21, 2011
I've had to play this game all by myself without enemies ever since I downloaded it. There is no one else on line to play with. I actually prefer the single player games, and thought I'd have this option. I guess not. It looks like it would be fun if you had someone to play against.
on February 14, 2012
Well, I was pretty pissed because the code wouldn't work on Steam, then I read a review and they said you need to do it in-game. So before you freak out (like I did) go into the actual game, go to Vietnam, and put the code in there. Works like a charm. The graphics look great and the gameplay is smooth. Everything seems to be going fine. The only problem I have is finding games with people in them. I've been placed in two different games by myself. After I figure that out, I'm sure it'll be fun.
on October 23, 2014
I bought this as a gift but it does not work as expect. This expansion you need people to log in to the Vietnam map to play capture the flag or you got no one to play with. You'll be running around alone with no enemies.
on January 15, 2011
well sadley i ordered this from gamestop.com which they charged me a ridiculos 4$ "download Insurance" as they called it. But for anyone whos a fan of the battlefield series an has been playing bad company 2 for a while, the expansion definitly adds some fresh air. no single player but battlefield is all about the multiplayer anyways. great dlc. all good maps except for one. all in all if you have bfbc2 buy this expansion.

Side note: I still perfer the original bfbc2 multiplayer but i tend to enjoy urban more so thats jus me.
on February 26, 2012
Vietnam is the gas to the bfbc2 car. Outstanding graphics however you would yu do deal with Origin, but that's the only negative. Vietnam expansion on this game multi-player and the best i have played . I own MOH,BF2<BF 2142 great by the way years ahead of its time still. I have All the COD MW BFBC Vietnam best in entire military fps.
on August 9, 2011
I bought BC2 and I loved it. After leveling to rank 10, I tried out Vietnam expansion and boy it's fun!

The thing I hated about BC2 is that there are way too many vehicles around. Most of Vietnam maps concentrate on infantry fights, which I love. The theme is also great, I really like the sound and atmosphere. If you have Bad Company 2, get this now!

It's also very easy to apply. You get the code here on Amazon. Launch Bad Company 2, and redeem your code on the main menu. That's it!

Highly recommended.
on January 29, 2011
Unlike some other reviewers I like the original maps in BFBC2 better. In most of the Vietnam maps sniping seems like much more of a problem than in the original maps, even though the weapon gadgets, like scopes, were apparently cut back to try to reduce it. It may also be that the hacks are all on the new maps with their aimbots. So be prepared to die a lot, even if you're no longer a noob on the original maps.

See 1 answered question