5.0 out of 5 stars Joyce Meyer, Battlfield of the Mind, A must Read!!!
Published on December 1, 2007 by " Anti Microchip "

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great book
Published on May 25, 2010 by J. Liu

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyce Meyer, Battlfield of the Mind, A must Read!!!, December 1, 2007
This review is from: Battlefield of the Mind for Teens: Winning the Battle in Your Mind (Paperback)
I received a teaching once that basicly said that when you get right down to it the Devil really only has two methods for tempting us: 1. Pressure 2. Pleasure. The Devil has three maxims which allows him to pull this off : 1. You (your own thoughts, bad habits, exc.) 2. The environment (Government, religious oppression, the systems of the world, exc.), and 3. Other people. Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield Of The Mind" is mostly geared at the one maxim each of us have the most control over (You, yourself, your thoughts, and YOU).

Joyce masterfully explains how that old Advesary The Devil works by waiting for the right moment (he`s not only a parasite but he`s also a predator). He waits to see where your weak, when your most vulnerable moment is, and he waits for that moment to attack. The Bible says "Resist the Devil and he will flee from you." Perfect example is Luke chapter 6, The devil waits for Jesus to be 40 days and nights in the wilderness before he attacks. He didn't come the first day to attack him when our Lord was at his strongest. Oh no, our advesary doesn't play fair; he bides his time and waits for your weakest moment and attacks. Jesus resisted him and the devil fled from him (for awhile). Best thing is we have victory through our risen Lord this very day if we claim it. Joyce does a great job of illustrating this in this book(though I don't know if she used the Luke example I used above or not).

I really got a lot of insight from this book. For example, one of the concepts in the book (in my own words) was "what comes out of your mouth had to originate in your brain." Sounds simple enough , but Joyce had a masterful way of describing every thought we commonly have today and referring it to biblical passages. About half way through the book I began to realize that the grumbling, griping, complaining, and various other human emotions and thoughts I have are not uncommon to our time. The children of Israel went through these same emotions and they are all recorded in Gods Word. I used to ponder how stupid these people must have been, but now I can see myself in them. It really was a humbling experience! Many of us make the same mistake over and over again and ask God, "Why don't you do something?" Truth is God has always been willing to help us. We are the ones who get in God's way by not bringing our thoughts into the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). Read this book and find out how you can change and train your mind to shut the door on The Devil and how to allow God to do what he's always been willing to do. BLESS YOU!!!

Hebrews 13:5b "for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

P.S. This book comes in many formats. There's the traditional version, teen version, devotional version, exc. It doesn't matter which one you use. Just read one of them. You will be blessed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield for all MINDS, August 30, 2006
I must say that i am very happy joyce meyers has taken the time to write a book dealing with young teenagers minds. This book was much needed. I think every teenager who struggles with anger, fear, self esteem, and so on should read this book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield of the Mind for Teens: Winning the Battle in Your Mind, July 25, 2006
Juanita Y. Gaines (Woodbridge, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
Outstanding book. It was recently used at a Vacation Bible School church in Triangle, VA. The teenagers loved it so much that it was hard for them to put it down. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Teens, August 7, 2010
I listened to the adult version on audio tape, I really liked it. My friend let me borrow this book and I really liked it because I felt like I could relate to it more because I am 22, single and in college. The teen version of the book talks about parents, school and friends-the adult version talks about spouses, kids and work. =)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a great book, May 25, 2010
J. Liu (san jose, CA) - See all my reviews
The contents of this book is definitely awesome and true. At first, this book caught a lot of my attention, and throughout the book, it has a lot of good ideas presented. I really don't want to be critical, but as a teen, it's a little bit less interesting. It has a lot of good key points to live with a healthy mind, but teens today may not be as interested in books than the internet. So if it were a little bit more desirable, I would love to buy another for my friends. It's a great book, and it'll be great for teens who love reading or are really committed to help themselves improve their living conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this book to everyone!, July 21, 2008
I have had many problems with anxiety through out my life. I can honestly say that no amount of therapy helped more than this book! I would recommend this book to everyone! I loved this book and it brought me closer to who I want to be! ....Read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for teens..., May 16, 2011
Every parent should give this to their teen, probably at the age of 12 or 13, but any age is okay. I gave it to my 18 yo and I am seeing some changes in her reaction and thinking of things. It is a steady process but it's getting better.
Get this for your teen and encourage them to read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ebenezer Church presents Youth Study, April 16, 2009
Battlefield of the Mind for Teens: Winning the Battle in Your Mind

The Youth Group of Ebenezer Church specifically selcted this study for their Sunday School lessons.

1.0 out of 5 stars Read this in one sitting, glad I didn't pay for it., January 8, 2014
Had to drive a friend to the eye doctor, this was in her car so I read the whole thing while I waited.

A bit heavy-handed and patronizing.

Not at all interesting or insightful, can't imagine how it would hold the interest of a teenager at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield Review, May 8, 2007
Robert Rizzo (Loveland, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I have read the one for adults and it was powerful. How much better off our kids would be if they learned to think about what they are thinking about now instead of later.

Battlefield of the Mind for Teens: Winning the Battle in Your Mind