Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Battlefield 3: Premium Service [Online Game Code]
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 2, 2013
* Ignore the Amazon downloader program. You don't need it
* Go to your Amazon account -> under 'Digital Content' click 'Your Games and Software Library'
* Click/expand 'Product Code' and copy it
* Open and login to your Origin desktop application
* Click 'Origin' in the upper left-hand side -> Click 'Redeem Product Code' -> paste the code you copied earlier
* Confirm that you want to add BF3 Premium Edition
* Origin will restart and begin downloading the new DLCs

If Origin doesn't start, simply restart it yourself manually (like I did). Again, don't use the Amazon game installer as you don't need it to play or to download the Premium pack. Do everything inside Origin as that's the one you need to play the game.
1010 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
I've bought Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at launch and I've enjoyed every minute playing this game. If you have a PC powerful enough to run this game and if you multiplayer FPS, then this is the game for you. The premium service includes Back to Karkand, Close Quarter, Armored Kill, Aftermath, and Endgame. These are themed expansions.

Back to Karkand: huge maps that emphasizes vehicular and vertical gameplay.

Close Quarter: infantry-only maps for COD fans that desire ultimate mayham in 64 player matches.

Armored Kills: gigantic maps that specialize in vehicular combat.

Aftermath: fun new scavenger game mode and adds vertical gameplay.
on April 25, 2016
I bought this game actually when it first came out and decided that maybe with the power of a few good reviews and active people who want to see a change, DICE/EA will hear our message as Battlefield fans. I have always been a huge fan of the Battlefield series, 1942 made me fall in a love with first person shooter games all over again. As the years progressed and DICE, like most other major game creators, became incorporated into EA's family of madness. I have seen many great titles fall once big publishing companies get a hold of the title *cough Maxis cough*.

DICE was no expecting to this rule, while following titles released under EA's thumb a game I would skip college classes for, became the reason I went to class. Battlefield 3 was good in its ways and yes I did give this 5 rating because, yes it had bugs the first month or so after release, but let's be honest about the recent state of games, which games doesn't have some minor even massive glitch to were nobody can even play it online and its an online based game? O.o There maybe some indie titles but most major games are released in such a fashion, but BF3 to me was one of the last good titles DICE/EA created. Battlefield 4, while it has had some glorious moments was an over-hyped title with expensive sounding graphics that didn't even carry through the rest of the DLCs.

Battlefield 3 didn't need "Mantle" and "Levoultion" to sell off the virtual shelves. It just had good quality mechanics, maps that ranged from tight tactical close encounters to all out air and land warfare across an expansive desert littered with snipers and missile launchers waiting in the hills. It also lacked one other thing most games nowadays have, but made BF3 one of the last best titles for the franchise, the dreaded micro-transaction.

The age of instant is upon us, and BF3 did offer "shortcut" add-ons to unlock gear & weapons before a level, there wasn't micro-transactions, little ugly devils of the gaming world that take small bits of your hard earned money to be wasted on crap and over-bloated gear. The game already retails at normal price, avg 60-80 USD, why should we pay more? BF3 was very simple you either pay lots of extra to unlock gear that is available to everyone or you play the game and level as intended. They didn't throw flash gold "battlepacks" with tons of extra scopes & gadgets that could be better than in game stuff.

I miss the days of simpler gaming and less bloat, more action. I miss the days of buddies and I racing to get online and just play a game. No nee to worry about gear and micro-transactions. I am just one small voice in sea of the gaming community with the hope that with enough feedback and collective voice we can see small changes & some order restored to the gaming community PC & console alike.
on February 12, 2013
I was able to get it for a good price, which is the only reason I purchased it. I already had back to karand from buying the upgraded version of the original game and paid $15 for close quarters. I was a little upset when the introduced the premium version since it bared me from playing on some of the servers. I don't care about dog tags, but the server thing bugged me. I guess I get 3 expansions for the $15 I paid, so that works out.
on November 23, 2012
Pros: -The new "Armored Kill" maps look absolutely beautiful maxed out on a 120Hz screen
-"Close Quarters" can be a bit of a mess but is still pretty fun.
-3 more DLC expansions at the time of writing so there's still a lot to go.
-The rest of the game in general is great. Best shooter I've played since CoD4. I'm sure almost 11 months later you guys have read enough reviews to know about the rest of the game.

-Battlefield "Premium" is $50 so it's like getting the game for $10 in a way (only not really)

Cons: Not a con but I had misunderstood the "Multiplayer Head Start Kit" for the $40 bundle that gives you all the unlocks. Instead it just gives you the M416 and a grenade launcher for medic, the M249 and C4 for support, and a single shot sniper rifle for the scout class. Don't remember the Engineer unlocks. All very good unlocks, though, still a great deal considering many people payed $50 just for the maps and a few guns.

Other Thoughts: Been playing BF since it came out. With that said, I notice a trend with BF games which is EA releasing a version of the game with all the maps and most of the other DLC unlocks a few months after the game has come out (even happened with MoH 2010) so knowing that, I refused to buy BF3 last year, even having played through the beta early. My instinct payed off once Premium was released and all the kids grabbed their parents credit card and bought it first day. After EAs scheme to rip off their customers with BF3 I am no longer going to purchase any of their games at launch (sans their sports series) only for there to be "Complete Collection" (BF1942 & BF2) "Gold Edition" (BC1) "Deluxe Edition"(BC2) "Premium Edition" a few months after it comes out. There are plenty of games to play on the mean time. BF3 is still an incredibly amazing game and there are still a few expansions to go which I expect to be AMAZING, but I'm not falling for their any more of their bait. I'll just wait it out.
on April 19, 2014
I thought this included the game Battlefield 3 but it does not. It is also cheaper on Origin the company that made the game and you can buy the game it self on origin for 5bucks as a download right now. So this is why I gave it 3 stars I was a little miss guided. You would think the price being so high on amazon this included the game it self which I know now it does not. Also this deal is cheaper on Origin it is only 19.99 which I wish I knew before I bought it. Really miss leading if you ask me something like this should also include the game if its only 5bucks from the developers online.
on December 30, 2013
I bought this game when it 1st came out and just like their last couple of releases it feels as if you are just playing a Beta. This is the last time I preorder anything EA related. I am tired of being used as a guinea pig to see where their game needs improvement. They pay people to do that and I pay for a game that is supposed to work. Maybe by the time 5 is released all the bugs will be out just like BF3.
on July 6, 2014
Worse than BFBC2 in a lot of ways

FAR cry better than BF4

I like it, I do get tired of it, and gosh so many noobs and people who only know how to kill you with one vehicle/weapon in a really annoying way.... jet vs. heli, that is not skill homie... if u could do the same to a fly with a swatter, then id give it to you, but you aint that good. respect to snipers, rpg-air shooters, headshoters, knifers and c4ers, also tank-air guys. those are skills in reality. your aerial jet loops to escapte and then dive down like an evil on a rabbit is not a skill when u do it 45 minutes in a row. thats called a disease....
on March 28, 2013
If you're a Battlefield 3 fan and play a lot of it, the Premium service is definitely worth the money. Not all the expansion packs are equal in quality, and Close Quarter and Armored Core are ultra-specialized (towards Infantry & Vehicule combat respectively), but besides that it's a good package that adds to the Battlefield experience overall.

Note: If you're not into grinding to unlock new weapons or achievements, maybe this service isn't for you and you could consider buying selected DLC separately, but it might end up being more expensive.
on May 15, 2013
This is a great addition to a game. It includes all five DLC packs. Tons of maps, weapons, and new gameplay modes, too. Servers are still as populated as they were when the game launched.

For those worried that gameplay will fizzle out after BF4 comes out, don't worry. There are still those playing BF2. With the price of both the copy of the game and premium coming out, there is lots of new players joining in the action. A great addition to an already great game.