5.0 out of 5 stars Stackpole's Best
Published on May 11, 1998 by Richard Bowers (bowers@zebra.net)

2.0 out of 5 stars Diplomacy, war, marraige abound, oh my!
This book is good for diplomacy and marraige fanatics, but for a BattleTech 'Mech jock like me there is just too much cuddling. Instead of inviting Maxamillian Laio to the "wedding" (and soon to be declaration of war), I would of brought the Davion Assault Gaurds to Sian and killed the son of a gun!!!
Published on July 27, 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Stackpole's Best, May 11, 1998
This book series was first released in the 80s. It's story revolves around war in the 31st century, but manages to avoid being about the "Mechs" or high-tech devices. Instead it is a story about people and governments. The Warrior series is not hard science fiction, but it is good science fiction, and I believe that FASA can thank this series for the success they've had since the original release.

4.0 out of 5 stars Introduce yourself to a different experience, November 23, 1997
By A Customer
I bought this book about 6-7 years ago. Sometimes I think that this book was my introduction to science fiction. As with many other authors' works, this book is part of a series. In this particular part (which was the one I started with,. I still haven't read the first part.)the reader is brought into the world of Battletech. Great things are about to happen in this universe that Stackpole describes so well. Before I mention the plot I'd like to say why I think this book was so good. First, it's very much alive and easy to read. Personally, I think science fiction should be easy to read (or watch), like Star Wars for instance. This book makes it possible to just enjoy. Second, it's packed with technology and interesting plots. And third, it just feels right. The plot is already in motion as the second book starts, but you can get many hints about what has already happened. The reader is familiarized with different people, among them Hanse Davion, ruler of one of the Successor States. The story then changes to different people and places as war, destruction, love and sorrow disrupts a stable universe. The reader can follow caracters that are both high up and just regular people. It's hard to say why this book is so good, as I'm not very good at writing resumés. But I hope that someone trusts me when I say that it's really good reading. War and technology can't miss... Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that started it all, March 27, 1998
By A Customer
I read this book and instantly became a Battletech fan when it first came out under a different publisher in 1988. I have since reread the trilogy numerous times. I liked it because it was well written and well put together (+ I have since become a fan of Mr. Stackpole).
Since the books have been out of print and almost impossible to come by, most of you have picked up the story line with the Lethal Heritage trilogy, thus leaving many of you with the question of how did this all start or who are these people.
Well this series will answer most if not all of your questions. Taking place 25 years prior to the Clan invasion (old technology and classic mechs) you are introduced to who the characters are. You discover what the relationships (friendly and hostile)between the houses were like and why. You also discover why the animosity exists between all the houses and ComStar.
This book as well as the next two are must reading for any fan of the entire Battletech series. Well written and easy to read and follow you won't want to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, June 12, 1998
By A Customer
From those of us who haven't been in the Battletech Universe since the eighties, THANK YOU!! It is great to read of the recent history that the present has built upon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clasic Battletech, September 1, 2008
This review is from: Battletech: Warrior: Riposte (FAS5718) (Mass Market Paperback)
Stackpole writes the best Battletech stories. Warrior: Riposte is one of his best. See the begining of the fourth Succession War; laugh as Hanse Davion's wedding toast declares war on the whole Inner Sphere, and watch as Daniel Allard tries to deal with his traitor of a brother.

As the Kell Hounds come to terms with Patric Kell's death, Morgan Kell must fight the battle he fled from years ago- the battle of Mallorys World, where he found a secret so terrorfying that he spend the next 8 years in a monestry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Diplomacy, war, marraige abound, oh my!, July 27, 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars best battletech trilogy, June 19, 1999
By A Customer
The warrior trilogy is the best btech series ever. The plot and battle r good and character cool.

Battletech: Warrior: Riposte (FAS5718)
Battletech: Warrior: Riposte (FAS5718) by Michael A. Stackpole (Mass Market Paperback - June 1, 2003)
$6.99 $6.00