5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch
This is an absolutely amazing watch. Its style is both very sober and elegant. It enables you to know what time and what day it is, don't expect anything else. The black croco leather strap is also very well manufactured.
Actually, this is a typical Baume et Mercier product: fine, elegant, beautiful.
Published on November 29, 2007 by Mr. Olivier Aranjo

1.0 out of 5 stars Total fiasco - BEWARE when buying this.
Intial review: (I wrote the day after I bought my 1st)
stylish, elegant, understated, very thin, light weight, great buy
happy I bought it and just got one for my brother

Update -
The watch is a few months old.
Style wise - I love it.
HOWEVER - I am concerned it might fall back about 10min a week.
I may have to return and...
Published on December 8, 2011 by M. Hoffman

1.0 out of 5 stars Total fiasco - BEWARE when buying this., December 8, 2011
M. Hoffman (New York City, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baume & Mercier Men's 8485 Classima Swiss Date Watch (Watch)
Intial review: (I wrote the day after I bought my 1st)
stylish, elegant, understated, very thin, light weight, great buy
happy I bought it and just got one for my brother

Update -
The watch is a few months old.
Style wise - I love it.
HOWEVER - I am concerned it might fall back about 10min a week.
I may have to return and repurchase - which is annoying - but smooth if done through amazon - I hope.

2nd update -
The watch definitely loses time. I looked down and thought I was on time - when in fact I was late - multiple times. Not what you expect from a new 1200$ watch. Further troubling is what I came to learn. Initially I contacted amazon thinking that my fastest course of action was to return this watch and repurchase another. However that is a decent amount of pain - and who is to say that the second watch won't have that issue. So I and my wife figure it may be a battery issue - not such a great issue on a brand new watch - but still - I love the style and feel of this watch - so what the hell.
My wife today calls Baume Mercier - who explain to her that their warranty is TOTALLY 100% VOID when purchased on amazon. They spoke with her in tones as if she bought it on Canal street for 10$ - Not amazon for 1200$. Furthermore they explain to her that they are involved in a lawsuit with amazon not to sell their watches as they are not authorized. Great. My wife then discussed with amazon's jewelry department - they explain that this is not the case - and that our best course of action is to return it. However - I bought one for my brother. Really great to tell your brother to return the 1200$ watch you just bought him.
After I return from work I examine Amazon's page on the watch and they do say the warranty "may" be voided by Baume, b/c they buy from wholesaler. They don't say positively 100% the warranty is voided and that there is a lawsuit pending regarding this issue.
So amazon says to return that watch.
I will.
Hours of phone calls. Excitement over new watch and gift and this huge let down.
Amazon's customer service initially offer nothing in consolation - then they offer prepaid postage for return (whoop de too) - then they offer $20 credit to my account and use the BS term "this one time exception and credit" - she says these words twice. Well I explain I bought 2 watches and I have to have my brother return his gift because there is no warranty and mine is not working well.
So I will get both watches returned.
I have already paid them on my credit card. What do I get $40 (20$ x 2 - she had to put me on hold for 5min to clear that) and lessons learned:
1-When amazon says the manufacturer warranty "may be" voided - IT IS VOIDED.
2-Baume watches are unpredictable at best - I am not going to ever buy another. I do love the style and feel - But I have no doubt this was put out by them and however it got wholesaled - it just doesn't keep the right time.
3-When amazon screws up - they start by offering BS consolation - but then offer $.
4-Wathces from amazon need to be heavily scrutinized for all this BS - I bought a Tag in the past - luckily that from amazon works great for years now - but beware.

I hope this helps some of you out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch, November 29, 2007
Actually, this is a typical Baume et Mercier product: fine, elegant, beautiful.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice timepiece, May 19, 2010
I bought this on amazon through Gemnation with free 2 business day shipping. Got it today, it is very nice packaged, with a 2-year warranty card. The watch surface is larger than most wrist watch which I like. It is a very elegant timepiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly elegant!, September 20, 2012
Federica (OAKLAND, CA, US) - See all my reviews
A wonderful watch that goes well with a suit or with more dressed down outfits. Looks elegant and understated and my husband loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic styling without being pretentious, January 6, 2012
Something every other 5 star review has in common is the word "elegant." Yes, this watch is that, coupled with classic styling and a clean look. People see a watch like this on your wrist, and whether they know watches or not can tell it's something special....easy to admire, nice to look at, yet not flashy or pretentious. This watch is a great buy, and Baume & Mercier craftsmanship assures you it will last for years to come

5.0 out of 5 stars B7 M watch, June 11, 2013
A great find. As a watch collector, I could not be more please. Buy one, if you can. My best.

5.0 out of 5 stars 8485 Classima, November 13, 2012
Packaging: Very Nice packaging. Elegant like other watches i've owned (tudor, dunhill, omega)

Looks: I love the shine of the numerals and the casing. High class watch for an amazing price. Very nice leather

Mechanics: Quartz movement. I dont know what some of the reviewers were talking about when they said the time doesnt stay consistent over a while of usage. The time has been extremely consistent and i have not experienced any difference.

Overall: 10/10. It looks much more expensive than the retail price. My first B&M watch and i am very pleased.

Baume & Mercier Men's 8485 Classima Swiss Date Watch