5.0 out of 5 stars Finally took the plunge., February 28, 2013
This review is from: Baume & Mercier Men's 8851 Classima Executives Chronograph White Dial Watch (Watch)
I've been researching a luxury watch for some time, and this is the one I finally settled on. I could not be more pleased. It has an elegant, classical appeal - which some may find old fashioned - but it sits very nicely on my wrist. The black band, silver case, white face and uncluttered display are very pleasing to the eye. I found the BM clasp a bit fiddly at first, but now I have adapted and enjoy the flat buckle fit. Although I didn't realise it at the time of purchase, it has a 24 hour subdial, with a secondary time zone hand - an unexpected bonus. Very happy indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant Watch, November 20, 2012
C. D. Pitman (Silverthorne,CO) - See all my reviews
I purchased this watch from an authorized Baume & Mercier dealer. I did so because they added one year to the warranty and do all of the repairs and maintenance (if needed) on site. In addition, they did give me a nice reduction in price, which I have found is not unusual for upscale watches. Okay, it isn't as good a price as I could get on line, but this is not a gray market watch and comes with a full U.S. warranty. Often, the discounted watches are gray market and do not come with an American warranty. I looked at other watches, including one by Tag Heuer and also Mont Blanc. But when I saw them in person, I found that they looked like very expensive sports watches. To be sure, they were very fine looking. But for me I find that the Baume & Mercier looks more elegant. This is a watch that I will not wear daily (I am very active in the high Rockies ... wearing a Baume & Mercier while backcountry skiing at 12,000 ft altitude is sort of over the top). I have recently purchased a watch winder so that the watch will not loose time while it sits in its case. This has been a great purchase, looks wonderful, and is a great anniversary gift for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, September 18, 2012
Love the watch. Saved over $1000 compared to retail! came in all packaging and manuals etc. I have had it for over a year and a half and will be wearing it for years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impeccable quality and look, September 1, 2012
Really a great one. I purchased it from B&M's authorized retail shop and it is a second year as I own it. Design, quality and look are impeccable. Must have one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, Great Service as always, February 26, 2012
Excellent build quality and great classic look. This is my first luxary watch and I am very happy with my purchase.

Originally got a defective model, but as always with Amazon, I was able to exchange it without any trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent build quality, December 14, 2014
Gorgeous watch, excellent build quality. Got it as xmas present.

Had a very short window to receive it, arrived on the planned date.

Baume & Mercier Men's 8851 Classima Executives Chronograph White Dial Watch