5.0 out of 5 stars Slow but steady wins the race
Published on August 18, 2010 by rq

3.0 out of 5 stars Killed weeds but not crabgrass
It worked well on all of our weeds except the crabgrass. The crabgrass got stressed out for a few days but then it was fine. Granted, we've got a large patch of very healthy and well established crab grass. It didn't harm our buffalo grass at all. We're disappointed though about the crab grass.
Published on June 22, 2009 by K. Gerber

3.0 out of 5 stars Killed weeds but not crabgrass, June 22, 2009
K. Gerber (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bayer Advanced 704080 All-in-One Lawn Weed and Crabgrass Killer Ready-To-Spray, 32-Ounce (Lawn & Patio)

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow but steady wins the race, August 18, 2010
The Bayer All in one Crabgrass Killer killed ALL of the crabgrass in my lawn after just one THOROUGH and FULL DOSE application. I did not do the Ready Mixed but bought the concentrate and used a large pump sprayer - just be sure to mix carefully...but it did take 2-3 weeks for the crabgrass to fully die out.It worked even on my FULLY mature and totally overgrown crabgrass lawn and it did not kill my Bermuda - just be aware that my Bermuda turned a little yellow-green for a week or so and then came right back nice and green. I would highly recommend this if you have 2-3 weeks to wait. Slow and steady WINS over crabgrass!

1.0 out of 5 stars this stuff feeds crabgrass, June 7, 2010
This stuff works great, but only on opposite day. This product does NOT kill crabgrass. I have reapplied the product to the point that my real grass is browning out, but the crabgrass isn't touched. I actually have more of a crabgrass problem after using this. This guy at work (Slade) told me this and now he is laughing at me. Don't get laughed at, skip this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, August 29, 2010
Mark L (Lombard, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I was a bit skeptical after reading some of the other reviews, but this product worked great on taking care of the weeds and crabgrass on my lawn. After 4 or 5 days the crabgrass started turning brown, and after a week or so it had totally disappeared. I'm totally satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless Against Crabgrass, June 1, 2010
I honestly don't understand how Bayer is able to claim that this product kills crabgrass and are not in some legal trouble for false advertising. It simply does not perform as promised. Don't believe me ? Do as I did then and buy a bottle, stand directly over the crabgrass problem spot in your lawn, spray a nice healthy dose of this product on to it, and then watch nothing happen for the next few days.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, August 20, 2010
First of all the self applicator bottle was screwed up. I ended up killing grass. I even applied a second time right on crabcrass and nothing. It's still there. If crabgrass was killed at all it was killed along with everything else including grass because the applicator bottle leaked out too much. Now I'm going around and overseeding all the burnt areas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bayer Lawn Weed & Crabgrass Killer - Spray - 32 oz - Did the job after multiple applications, April 30, 2014
We purchased this Bayer weed killer on the recommendation of our neighbor, since his lawn looks great. It worked, but the process was very slow and required much patience.

Purchased late March as the grass and weeds were just getting going. Shook the bottle well, connected our hose and applied and even coat (as best as I could) to our grassy areas which total about 3000 sq feet. Did this by walking south to north, then crossing the yard again west to east. The application used about 1/2 of the bottle.

A few days went by and we noticed a little yellowing of the crabgrass and a decent kill of a few other larger, thorny type weeds. After about one week I put down another coat, applied in a similar manner, using up the balance of the container.

The second application seemed to really have an impact, and in a few days most of the other weeds were significantly withered away while there was at least a 50% crabgrass kill (light brown and dead).

At the same time I was putting down lawn fertilizer, and the grass really came in nicely without being impacted by the weed killer at all. Three weeks after the first week killer application, I began weekly grass cutting and the weeds and crabgrass have now gone away (everywhere except at the very edge of the lawn near the roadway, where some still lingers a bit).

Bottom line is that this Bayer weed killer product worked, but it took a long time and had to be applied a couple times in order to get the job done. But it did work... so if you are looking for a weed killer to act as I have described, and are willing to put down multiple applications, and have the patience of a saint -- then I'd recommend you give this stuff a try. It did not hurt our fescue based lawn at all, so that's a bonus.

Go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, April 24, 2011
Product delivered expediently, but more importantly, this product is worth the money. It does what it says it's supposed to do and that's a big feat nowadays. Thank you for supplying it at such a great price. I will do business with you again.

4.0 out of 5 stars It will work.....Just give it Time!, September 3, 2012
First off, unlike other types of weed killer, don't look for 72 hour results. We are not killing dandelions here. Matured crabgrass is tough to kill. I put my first application down August 2, and a second application down two weeks later. It probably took that first two weeks before I noticed any type of browning, and it was very slight.

Now it's the first week of September. The killing of the crabgrass was very, very slow. As it died, good grass moved over into it's area. The results were so gradual, I hardly even noticed it. As a matter of fact, I still have areas where the crabgrass is still fading away. Overall, this product did a good job eliminating about 70% of the crabgrass in a bad lawn I am currently in the process of restoring.

PLEASE NOTE!!!!!! This particular product is NOT designed to kill some of the toughest forms of crabgrass like sledge or goosegrass. I had to use an Ortho product that is specifically designed for those particular varieties! So if your lawn is overrun with anything but your basic household variety of usual crabgrass, YOU WILL NOT GET ANY RESULTS!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best There Is, June 20, 2014
Used this last year, was at Home Depoe and was looking for something to kill Dandelions in my front yard, stated that only had to use once all Summer. This killed everything it was suppose to the entire year. Put in two new flower gardens this year and had some grab grass here and there. Bought a cheaper brand saying that it kills hundreds of grass and weeds, it did not So I bought my Bayer again, and it sprayed on my new plants, only killing off the unwanted and unwelcome weed and grass from my beautiful lawn. asy to use just hook up your hose and spray and done. Great Product