Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 55-Pound|Style: 4-Month|Change

on July 26, 2012
The drug in Advantage II for Dogs and Advantage II for Cats is exactly the same drugs (Imidacloprid and Pyriproxyfen) at the exact same concentrations.
If you buy this "Large Dog" package, you get four 4ml tubes. If you then empty those into a vial or vials, you can use a syringe (without needle) to apply the right dosage to your dogs AND cats. In fact, if your cats are under 10 pounds, you can get 10 cat doses out of each of these vials. That's a real bargain!

I am a former Vet Tech and can assure you I have been doing this for years (with Advantage first, and now Advantage II) with ZERO problems.

Use the following chart and you will be fine.
Cats up to 9 pounds - 0.4ml
Cats 10+ pounds - 0.8ml
Dogs 3-10 pounds - 0.4ml
Dogs 11-20 pounds - 1.0ml
Dogs 21-55 pounds - 2.5ml
Dogs 55+ pounds - 4.0ml
166166 comments|1,098 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2015
I live in the American South, and my vets agree that Advantage works better than Frontline or any generic products. To get the most value for your money, I recommend buying the dosage for extra-large dogs and splitting it among smaller dogs. Save a small jar such as for pimentos or olives. Ask your pharmacist for a plastic dosing syringe (the kind for giving kids liquid medicine); they will likely give you one. I've attached a sample picture of the type of syringe you need. You need one without a needle that holds the amount of ML you will be using, based on the below guidelines.

Take off your dog's collar to ensure it doesn't slide down onto where you will be putting the Advantage. Open a package of Advantage and pour it into the jar. Pull into the syringe the right amount for your dog's weight:

0.4ml = 0-10#
0.8ml = 11-20#
1.2ml = 21-30#
1.6ml = 31-40#
2.0ml = 41-50#
2.4ml = 51-60#
2.8ml = 61-70#
3.2ml = 71-80#

You will put part of the Advantage on the dog's neck, and part of it in a few places down his back. Use your fingers to part the dog's hair on the back of his neck. (See package instructions on where to place the treatment.) Slowly depress the plunger onto the skin, NOT on top of the hair. Otherwise, it will drip off of the hair. Do several more spots down the dog's spine.

Immediately give treats to keep them from shaking their heads around. I learned the hard way that, if your dog vigorously shakes, this product can take the paint off cabinets and the varnish off stainless steel!! I do the treatment outside and leave the dogs outside for an hour or so.

Buying the largest size of Advantage and dosing several dogs with it can save a lot of money in the long run. Let's say your dog weighs 32 lbs, and you purchase the "Large dog for pets 21-55 lbs" and put the entire tube on him. You will be giving him 2.5 ML when he really only needs 1.6 ML. In a home with several dogs, this can add up!

Of course, talk to your vet if you have questions. This is just how I do it at my house! I am not a vet. I plan to post a video showing how I use this method.

**I have relied heavily on reviews for years, since I do most of my shopping online. I've finally starting trying to return the favor by writing reviews of products I love. I hope my review was helpful to you!**
review image
11 comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2011
I've been happily using these types of flea medications for 10 years. BUT, I'd given up over the last two years on Advantage and Frontline. They both seemed to have NO EFFECT. Maybe the fleas in my area had become immune? I tried the others from the local big box store, they didn't work either.

I thought I'd try this "advantage II", maybe Bayer had changed the forumulation?

To my surprise - it worked great! I have two 60 lb dogs (shepherd and golden retriever) who were miserable this summer, as was I, because neither my Shepherd nor I enjoyed weekly baths to try to control the fleas.

This stuff is magic.

No more fleas on my pets or in my carpets.
0Comment|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2012
Frontline was failing miserably for us. I switched to Advantage II and the fleas are quickly and finally gone. Only draw back is that it doesn't kill ticks.
No adverse reactions on our Cocker at all!
on December 8, 2011
I have used Frontline for years and it always took and week to kick in and only lasted for about 2 weeks and my dog started scratching like crazy again. So I switched to this and it worked in just one day and lasts for a full month!!! My dog has never been happier!!
on June 10, 2011
We have over 10 cats at any time and this is a godsend. We treat the animals by weight(you can find this info on-line) using the large dog size. It is exactly the same ingredients as the cat one just different dosage. Advantage II is even better! It kills fleas quicker and kills the eggs too. We used to use Frontline Plus but was seeing adult fleas in 1-2 weeks. I am glad we changed to this product. Price is great too.
99 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2014
A long story short. Caused a severe skin blister on my small dog. Had to go to the vet and get treatment. They described a severe allergic response. I called Bayer, e-mailed x 4. No response to my concerns. No refund.

I simply wanted my money back for the unused product.

So, bad for my dog and Bayer customer service is the pits.
on May 24, 2012
Fleas were gone within 24 hours. I noticed he had stoped biting and whining also within 24 hours. It actually lasted 2 weeks longer than they said it should on the package which is nice in this economy, if it last longer you use less and pay less. I will definitely buy this product again when I run out.
on June 9, 2010
I love this product and have been using it on my cats for years. I buy the large dog pack because its cheaper to buy this and put the medicine in a dropper using the proper dosage for my cats. It lasts forever and it much more economical to do it this way.
on July 20, 2015
I use the large dog package and split it up for my cat herd with a small insulin syringe. Mark the syringe with scratches where the proper dose is. The solvent in this will take all the markings off the syringe.