1,870 Reviews
 (1,302)

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Treatment, Reasonable Price
Published on July 9, 2011 by Calla

1.0 out of 5 stars Advantage II not the same as original Advantage
I have been a cat fancier for almost 40 years so I do have some experience on this subject. I currently care for 4 indoor cats that have been inside their entire lives. Two males weighing about 14lbs and two females weighing 10 and 12 lbs. They just turned 5 years old, are litter mates and are spayed and neutered.

I have used original Advantage on them for...
Published on April 4, 2012 by ADT944

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Treatment, Reasonable Price, July 9, 2011
This review is from: Bayer Advantage II, Large Cat, Over 9-Pound, 6-Month (Misc.)
I have several cats -indoors and out- and all of them ended up with fleas this year. In the past Frontline has worked just fine, but not this year. It seems like this year has been a horrible year for fleas, either because the fleas are simply worse or older flea preventatives and treatments aren't as effective. After talking with other pet owners I decided to try Advantage.

Two of my cats are very allergic to flea bites and were looking and feeling pretty bad until I used Advantage. Within a day of treating all of the cats, there were fewer live fleas on the cats and most of the remaining fleas were dying. I have to note that none of my cats had any allergic reaction from the treatment. A couple of them scratched and licked as fleas came up to the surface, but I kept combing the dying fleas out and the scratching/licking stopped fairly quickly. It's been a week, and the two who are allergic to flea bites are looking better, and none of the cats are licking and scratching.

Of course, I treated the carpets and furniture and pet bedding and sweep the floors regularly, so combined with the Advantage treatments, the flea infestation is now under control. Let's hope it stays that way!

An added bonus for me was that each tube of Advantage opened quietly and application was easy. The flea drops also didn't have a strong smell, unlike some other treatments I've used. That helped out a lot - no tracking down the cats or coaxing them from underneath furniture.

(I used both Advantage II for cats under 9 pounds and over 9 pounds. This review is the same for both doses.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Flea Free, July 2, 2011
We have been an Advantage family for years. I help foster animals for a rescue and one of my new guys came in with fleas, which quickly spread to the rest of the crew. A day after applying Advantage to everyone and they were flea free. 2 of my fosters are under the 9lb limit for the purple pack, so I looked up the specs of the orange pack and it is just 1/2 a dose of the purple. I just split one of the tubes between the 2 petite cats and everything worked out without having to buy an extra box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, better then Advantage I., June 21, 2011
Bayer Advantage II Purple 4-Month Flea Control for Cats 9+ lbs.

Great stuff works quicker then the older Advantage. I have an older cat with thinning hair and in less then 5 minutes fleas were surfacing but unlike the older stuff these fleas weren't dizzy and in their last throws they barely made it to the top of his thin hair and died. Great stuff and my cat hasn't scratched since.

Also this may only apply to a select few but the tubes when you open them are silent now instead of making a little noise. I write this because my cat became very aware of this sound and knew it was coming, hated it, hated me for a week, and tried to lick it.

This time with a little milk and my silent tube I was able to apply it to his neck without him knowing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Advantage II not the same as original Advantage, April 4, 2012
ADT944 (Aiea, HI USA) - See all my reviews

I have used original Advantage on them for years with fine results. However, I CANNOT say the same for Advantage II.

It appears Bayer's patent expired on original Advantage so they concocted the new and "improved" Advantage II. Well, the hair on the back of my cats' necks falls out where the Advantage II makes contact with their skin about 2 days after I apply it. And, they keep scratching as if they have fleas. This NEVER happened with original Advantage.

This occurred both times I used Advantage II to all 4 cats so I know the first application was not a fluke. I am not happy with the new Advantage II and am looking for an alternative. It obviously is causing harm to my cats and is not as effective. This has been my experience. Your mileage may vary.

1.0 out of 5 stars possibly dangerous to both of my cats, June 5, 2011
The first couple of days after applying this product to my cats it seemed to be working great. Especially for my cat who seems to be very sensitive to fleas. However today I watched one of them fall off a fairly tall piece of furniture twice (something he is on every day and has never fallen off of before) and strangely like he went limp or something. Then a little while later I watched as my other cat who was just standing on the floor fell with her back legs slamming together and her front paws trying to get a grip. Then I read on a few different websites that it has been found that in RARE occasions this product can have neurological effects. I then found two people on yahoo answers claiming this same phenomenon happened (back legs going out) when they gave their dogs advantage. If this is so rare.. what exactly is the probability that it would happen to both of my cats? I won't risk using this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kitten is flea free :), November 9, 2011
I got my kitten Mila at 4 weeks, she was abandoned by her mother on my friends patio so I took her in :) She was covered in fleas, that gave her worms. There was nothing I could do until she was 8 weeks old, I gave her so many baths and flea combed her and even went kinda risky at 6 weeks and washed her with some clove oil but nothing. I put out flea traps, the whole 9 yards. The DAY she turned 8 weeks I had this at my door and put this on. For the following...maybe 2 weeks I saw maybe 1-2 fleas but they looked almost dead (I'm guessing they don't poof and disappear when dead lol) but after that I haven't seen one yet. This is month 2 of the applications,and she is happy and fluffy and she never scratches anymore. Thank you Advantage! it was breaking my heart to see such a young kitten suffer.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and the price is right, November 16, 2011
Needed something to treat fleas on my 4 cats. Was not going to pay full price for Frontline in local stores. After doing some research here, found Advantage is pretty much the same thing, only cheaper. Especially this package, which comes from the UK. Shipping was good considering the distance, just under 2 weeks. About what I expected.

This package has 4 tubes, which is ideal for my household having 4 cats. Most of the US based packages I have seen here have 3 tubes. Treated one cat so far and it seems to be working good after a week. Wanted to make sure all was well with one cat before I put it on any others. So far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, September 17, 2011
Very reasonable price. Great product. I would purchase this product again from this company. I pay a lot more when I purchase it in the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Treatment At A Good Price, July 9, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for my cats. Works better than Heartline everytime., August 18, 2011
All the local vets stopped carrying Advantage II for one reason or another. Mainly because they said it was inferior to everything else on the market and that it didn't kill ticks. Well, my indoor only cats don't have a problem with ticks. They get fleas that come into the house on the firewood in winter. Then the flea allergy kicks in. Advantage II is the ONLY product that I've used on my two ten year old cats that actually kills fleas. I mean you can see them falling off and dying within an hour. Can't do better than that. PLUS, you can use it more often than once a month IF you need to. I like that flexibility. Seller did a great job of getting the item out promptly.

Rate and Discover Movies