Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game, directed by Devil May Cry creator Hideki Kamiya, set for release in 2009 on the PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system. A member of an ancient witch clan and possessing powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless angelic enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100% pure, unadulterated all-out action. Outlandish finishing moves are performed with balletic grace as Bayonetta flows from one fight to another. With magnificent over-the-top action taking place in stages that are a veritable theme park of exciting attractions, Bayonetta pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat.
Blurring the borders of good and evil, this cinematic and stylized adventure stars Bayonetta, a heroine bent on sending supernatural forces to the depths of hell. Armed with her four enchanted guns known as Scarborough Fair, she battles both monstrous behemoths and angelic enemies. By combining special magic attacks, summoning primal forces and unleashing devastating weaponry, she impressively punishes anyone who gets in her way. From its fluid and intuitive combat system to its gripping story line, Bayonetta is one action thriller that won't disappoint.
In addition to the weaponry on her hands and feet, Bayonetta also has gruesome devices in her arsenal, such as the Iron Maiden and Guillotine. Charge her Magic gauge to send enemies packing. Even her hair is designed for devastation, serving as a magical conduit to summon demonic beasts for aid in battle. And, with the ability to transform into panthers, bats and other forms, she's prepared to handle any situation. When it comes to banishing sinister supernatural forces, Bayonetta's the best man for the job.
Key Game Features:
- String together deadly combos and special attacks to bring down angelic enemies, including small minions and gigantic behemoths
- Rely on Scarborough Fair, a collection of four enchanted guns, plus shotguns, bazookas and fiery claws
- Retrieve a variety of other weapons from fallen enemies
- Fill up the Magic gauge and unleash your powers to banish enemies to hell
- Use linked combo attacks and Bayonetta's hair to call demonic forces to your aid in battle
- Transform into a panther, bat or other life form depending on the circumstances
- Employ the Iron Maiden, Guillotine and other gruesome devices to finish off monstrous foes
- For 1 player