4.0 out of 5 stars Great pot for the price
I use this pot to boil wort for beer making. It was about the most inexpensive stainless steel pot I could find of it's size. I wanted to be able to do full boils and this can boil 8 gallons without boiling over.

Published on October 21, 2008 by CH

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and heavy, but the rivets leaked.
A good, all around stockpot and water bath canner for those tall bottles and gallon jars that just will not fit in anything else. I suppose it would work great for a turkey fryer, but we purchased it for making stocks, broths, and canning.

Published on December 16, 2008 by Richard Bessert

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pot for the price, October 21, 2008
CH (Stony Brook, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bayou Classic 1036, 36-Qt. Stainless Fryer/Steamer (Lawn & Patio)

The steel is a bit thin, but I expected this for a pot under $100. Although the walls are thin, I have not no issues with strength or build quality. I feel completely comfortable picking the pot up with 6 gallons of boiling liquid in it. Although heavy, the handles are up to the task and remain cool.

Although there are higher quality pots out there, I don't think you can find another pot at this price at this quality level. I would recommend this pot to anyone looking for a large stock pot and a good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and heavy, but the rivets leaked., December 16, 2008
Richard Bessert (Central Wisconsin) - See all my reviews

The heavy stainless has not scorched anything yet, as cheaper 'bargain' stockpots tend to do. The lid is impressive and heavy as well.

Would have been a five star purchase, but the rivets holding the handles on leaked on both sides, limiting filling to about two inches below them. This makes the top five inches or so of the stockpot unusable.

An all around good pot, but make sure you check the rivets by filling with water before you put something important inside, ESPECIALLY oil for frying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 6-gallon bath of homebrew!, November 10, 2009
I used this on the Bayou Classic propane burner and it was a killer combo. I'm so glad I switched to this instead of the old 24-quart on my electric stove. Doesn't even compare. Best part is if you measure properly, you don't need to top off your wort in the fermenter, because this can hold enough initially. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for my homebrew!!!!!!, September 24, 2009
I was worried about the thickness of this pot but I am not worried anymore. It is quite thick and I can pour 7 gallons of homebrew from the pot to the fermenter without any bending. The lid is nice and sturdy and I would definitely buy this again. I bought it for $75 with free shipping from Amazon. You can't beat that deal. The rivet holes for the handles leaked the first time I brewed in it but haven't leaked since then. I have used it for 5 brews and 2 corn roasts. Great pot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brewer's brewpot, June 6, 2010
I bought this pot to boil all-grain full boil worts in beer making. I does this job quite well. This pot holds a full 9 gallons and will boil a 7 or 8 gallon wort easily. All stainless steel with two lifting handles that can handle the weight of the full batch and a vented cover make it ideal for brewing 5 gallon batches either all-grain or from extract. And this pot can go from brewing beer to steaming lobster to large batches of soup. Would recommend this pot for all home brewing needs, especially the all-grain brewer who needs to boil the full batch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Questionable quality control, March 11, 2011
I have had two of these pots. Both have leaked form the same area, about 1 inch up from the bottom. Neither had even been used, simply filled with water and noticed that there was a trickle of water coming from the base of the pot. Returned both to Amazon with no issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pot, April 27, 2012
first thing id like to say is disregard all the negative comments about the handles have cheap rivets, they are welded on now this pot came on time in good safe packaging and looks really nice price went up 30$ from when i bought it on 4/24/12

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it possible to love a pot? I think so., April 9, 2010
I picked this bad boy up for homebrewing and let me tell you, it is probably the best ss brewpot you can get. I don't brew outside and i was using an aluminum pot because i got it cheap. It would barely get a rolling boil and when things were added to the water, it would take forever to recover and would get a light boil at best. using the lid on the aluminum pot caused a disaster at one point, creating a big hot boil over mess. I decided to give this here pot a try and it's fantastic. You can use the lid and as long as you're watching the wort, as you should be, you will get a super vigorous boil on an electric stove. I love that I can take the lid off and slide it between the handle and pot when i need to add goodness or stir. sometimes, depending on the beer i am making, i'll have to remove the lid slightly as to prevent foam up. my recover time, rolling boilyness, and general state of happiness has increased since this purchase. it's got a big volume so you can add all your water at once. hell, even this strainer Polder 6631-75 Stainless-Steel Sink Strainer with Extending Rubber-Grip Arms fits it like a glove. it's like peanut butter and chocolate. really great combo purchase. don't get a cheaper or aluminum pot, this is it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pot for homebrew, July 20, 2010
This is great pot for home-brew (up to 12 Gals batch).
Base and walls are tick. Easy to install a Weldless Valve Kits and thermometer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for homebrewing!, May 28, 2009
Though the stainless is a bit thin (not quite sure of the gauge), this 11 gallon pot is quite good/sturdy for homebrewing. I have not had a problem with the rivets leaking, as in the prior post. The vented lid is good, in that it allows the steam pressure to escape, so the lid isn't bobbling up and down. The vent is small enough so you don't lose too much heat, either. Be VERY careful when using lids when homebrewing, of course...you don't want a boil-over.

Though it would be nice if the bottom had an aluminum disc clad between sstainless layers, for better heat distribution, you stil can't beat the price, coupled w/ no tax and free super saver shipping.

ARRAY(0x98f195c4)