Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 11, 2009
I purchased this turkey fryer kit with home brewing on the mind. I am a novice home brewer and this kit allowed for me and the fellow members of the Rat Bastard Brew Club to venture outdoors to brew beer, instead of in the cramped kitchen. This product allowed us to do a full five gallon boil, which provides you with a better product than a 3 gallon partial boil on the stove. I am pleased with this product and the quality of the kit in general, I would recommend this to anyone who has home brewing on the mind.
55 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2007
This is a nice set and worth every penny, but the same manufacturer, Bayou Classic, offers another set here, same fryer but more accessories like a basket and fry pot (for seafood boils and such) included for only another $10. Check it out before you spend more buying this one plus the extras if you'll use them like we do :)
on January 9, 2007
I did a lot of research and if you follow directions , it is safe and fun.

It takes about 25 min to heat the oil and 45 minutes to cook an 11 lb. turkey. The pot has a maximum oil level mark and that was the correct amount for our bird. The turkey must be dried well to prevent spattering. Watch the oil temp. so it does not go over 350. Do it outdoors as the paint has to burn off the burners and it smells.
on June 27, 2010
This pot and stove are awesome for homebrewing beer. My boyfriend I just used it to bring our 6 gallon wort to a boil (It holds 7.5 gallons) and it only took 5 minutes max! As far as the condition of the pot, it came a bit dented, maybe 4 tiny dents, but nothing major. It doesn't affect the effectiveness of the pot at all. You can smell a bit of paint when you first turn on the burner but it didn't affect on the wort. I would highly reccomend for home brewing.
on October 28, 2009
As another poster mentioned, the paint doesn't last past the first use of this product. What he didn't go into, however, is that this paint is apparently flammable. On my second use of the burner I had the gas flowing at about 90%, left to go inside to grab something to drink, came back outside and the entire unit was in flames. If you are going to buy this burner, make sure you keep a very very VERY close eye on it until the paint burns (not melts, burns) off. I'd even advise trying to scrape the paint off as a precautionary measure.

Other than that, the pot and accessories served their purposes well. Just wish that if the paint was going to burn off from the get-go that they'd just sent one without any paint on it at all.
on November 18, 2009
I haven't fried a turkey in this (yet!) but I did use it for brewing beer - I needed a big pot and a hefty outdoor burner to bring 6 gallons of beer to a boil. This brought it to a boil in about 20 minutes, when my stovetop (if it could even have done it at all) would take hours. This would've gotten five stars except for two things: the pot itself is a bit flimsy (though I don't much care if it has some small dents, as long as it holds water) and the paint on the burner burns off the first time you use it - it smells terrible, but doesn't really affect anything else. I've used it again since the first time, and there was no more terrible smell, so it's just a one-time thing. Seems silly to paint it if it's just going to burn off, though.

If I decide to fry a turkey, I'll come back and update this review. 'Til then, it's definitely a cheap way to bring a whole bunch of liquid to a boil.
on May 29, 2009
I use the stand and the burner for brewing beer. It has working fine for me since the day I bought it. The stand can feel a little flimsy but trust me, it can hold plenty of weight.
on April 23, 2013
I was looking for a brew kettle and burner for beer and this product delivers. I only brew 5 gal batches and the pot will just squeeze out enough for 5 gals of the final product. I brew about 6 gals at most without too much risk of boilovers. I would say it takes about 10-15 mins to boil 6 gal of tap water. Very sturdy and I have used it over 12 times and don't regret owning it. Good price and I would recommend it.
on January 5, 2007
We bought this for Thanksgiving but found ourselves using it more often than just once a year. Easy to setup and great to use.
on December 6, 2009
I really like this set, it contains everything you need to fry a turkey. I would recommend firing up the burner for thirty or so minutes at a high temp to burn off the excess enamel from the stand and season the stand prior to actually frying the turkey. A great product, good price, delivered on time.

I was able to fry a 19.92 lb turkey in this fryer, however I WOULD NOT recommend a turkey that large for amateurs, you should really stay below 18lbs.

See 1 answered question