Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: 60 Quart|Color: Silver|Change

on May 19, 2013
On a whim, I decided to do a crawfish boil and needed a large enough pot to handle ten to twelve pounds of mudbugs, potatoes, corn and sausage. This pot was the perfect size.

Having cooked for the better part of my life, I know that when buying pots and pans, you get what you pay for and this pot is definitely no exception and I will review and rate it for what it is. The good news is, I expected it to be thin and cheap going in, so I wasn't too disappointed. When the pot arrived, there were a couple dents in it, but nothing a little hammer couldn't knock back out. The lid had a couple bends along the edge as well, but was easy to bend back into shape. The pot and steam insert were both covered in aluminum dust so be sure to give them a good washing before first use.

Once I got the pot cleaned, straight to the burner it went. The light weight pot is perfect for seafood and mudbug boils and it worked great. Given the thin gauge of the aluminum, I would not use this pot for anything other than boils or maybe a fry pot. Definitely not built for stews and chili, unless you plan on standing and stirring the entire cook.
review image review image review image
on August 24, 2013
I only used it 2x to steam some crabs, and when I took it out to use the 3rd time, it had freaking holes all over the bottom. Very crappy material and very crappy pot. Do not buy! Wish I hadn't spent so much money on it :(
on December 3, 2013
We used this pot three times with water, but when we filled it with oil to fry our Thanksgiving turkey, it leaked oil from many tiny pinholes all around the pot - this pot must have been made with defective recycled aluminum, and it is a fire hazard!
on July 19, 2013
I grew up along the coast of Georgia. Steaming Oysters, Crawfish and Low Country Boils are common family social events. I have always helped my brother in-laws do cooking and borrowed their burners and pots when needed. All of the equipment was bought 25+ years ago. I could not understand some of the reviews that were putting this pot down. My fears were put away when the pot was delivered in a sturdy box with no dents. The pot is equal to the quality that I grew up seeing at catered and family socials. The real issue is people that do not understand how to fry or steam in a big pot. Bayou Classic unfortunately has to include warning labels on the top flaps and on a four page instruction sheet. Since I was brought up around this type of cooking it is common sense on how to use them but that is not the case for new big pot cook. Read the instructions, read the warnings and get out a tape measure to determine just how big these pots are. Unless you are frying keep a garden hose right next to the burner. You have to keep liquid in the pot. If the pot boils down it will burn through. A stainless pot will be ruined as well just will not happen as fast. If your burner has a hot spot you can burn the pot. The physics behind boiling this quantity of liquid is high. Two burners and pots are almost always better than one big pot. The ability to stagger cooking so food keeps coming out of a pot hot is far better than dump and wait 45 minutes for the next batch. For those cooks complaining that it takes a lot of time, the cooks never get to enjoy a boil outside of camaraderie around the burners so is life in a coastal town. I have moved in-land and will be using my new pot to bring the joy of mudbugs and low country boil to the city dwellers.
on September 30, 2008
I bought this pot for our tailgates. We usually do a shrimp boil at least once a year. We had a 30 qt pot that was almost overflowing, so I thought a new pot was in order. This thing is huge. We did our normal boil for 20 people and the pot was barely over half full. Plenty of room for our tailgate to grow.

Pot is heavy duty and will last a life time. Very well made. In retrospect, I probably should have bought the 40 Qt (as the wife regularly reminds me). Was the talk of the tailgate. Now just have to figure out where I'll store it ....
on November 13, 2013
I'm using this for my home brewing kettle. It works great as I do the brew-in-a-bag method, so the strainer basket keeps the bag from touching the bottom and burning or melting and it also gives the bag support especially when removing the bag and draining.
on May 13, 2008
I love this pot. I've had a great 40 qt. pot for a decade that I've used for crawfish boiling and turkey frying but wanted a larger pot with a basket dedicated to crawfish. I was wary of the product because some reviews suggested the pot was flimsy and I wanted a tough sturdy pot. I was not disappointed, the pot is very strong with a thick rolled aluminum opening and stout handles. When filled with water and lifted, there was absolutely no movement or flex. You would have to lie the pot on its side and jump on it to bend the walls of the pot. My only regret is that I didnt buy the 80 qt. model. With the basket in, it doesnt hold much more than my 40 qt. pot did without a basket. We cooked 70 lbs. of crawfish and lots of vegetables and it took three batches. So if you are on the fence on size, go bigger. I will likely buy an 80 qt. soon.
on November 5, 2015
I would have bought something else if I'd known that the bottom of this pot is "domed," not flat. This isn't a defect, it's a design feature. I will need to modify the pot in order to suit my needs, but if you're using the pot as intended, outdoors, on top of a propane burner or whatnot, this shouldn't be a problem. The description might be incorrectly referring to this as an "indentation," perhaps this is some form of pidgin-English? Can't say for sure.

Dent/ding inventory - - I only had one half-dollar sized dent, and it was not very deep. Didn't bother me. Pot is very lightweight, but it's well made. If it weren't for this poor description I would have given it five stars.
review image
on August 27, 2011
I purchased this unit along with a propane burner/stand and am impressed with the finish and quality. The lid and steamer basket are all machined well with no burrs. Rivets are sturdy and the unit is built to stand the test of time. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a LARGE pot for parties, clam bakes or the like. Not small (42qt) by any means, but if you're cooking for a small army, this will work well! Would purchase again.
on June 12, 2015
This is a really nice buy if you are planning on using the bucket for homebrewing. Unlike a lot of kettles, this one comes with a lid and also a separate inner-bucket that has holes in it, the latter being great for if you want to do brew-in-a-bag and not scorch your bag on the bottom of the main kettle. On top of that, it is quite cheap for a quality piece of aluminum -- superb purchase!