5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we were looking for!
We use Kraft Tuscan House Italian salad Dressing for our Chicken and Turkey
marinade. The problem with that salad dressing is the herbs stick in most
injectors. We actually broke a cheap injector trying to squeeze it too hard!

This Bayou classic injector has a needle for herb type mariandes.
Kraft makes great salad dressing and on chicken and...
Published on September 8, 2009 by Stephen G. Bernard

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality seals - suffers from "weakest link" syndrome
The plastic seals turn a potentially good product into junk. Plastic is too hard to easily tighten needle by hand, so the liquid runs out of syringe or shoots out of seal when injecting the meat. Will try to replace with some softer rubber o-rings from the hardware store, something the manufacture should have done in the first place.
Published on July 14, 2012 by Ryan H

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we were looking for!, September 8, 2009
This review is from: Bayou Classic 5011 2-Ounce Stainless-Steel Seasoning Injector with Marinade Needles (Lawn & Patio)
We use Kraft Tuscan House Italian salad Dressing for our Chicken and Turkey
marinade. The problem with that salad dressing is the herbs stick in most
injectors. We actually broke a cheap injector trying to squeeze it too hard!

This Bayou classic injector has a needle for herb type mariandes.
Kraft makes great salad dressing and on chicken and turkey it's brilliant.
But it's loaded with herbs and spices. Well, fear not.
The needle is so sharp I can't imagine any meat it can't penetrate and
while the bigger herbs might need a bit more push or pull it works
flawlessly.

On chicken breasts it slides in and is super easy to inject just the amount
you want. It's built like a tank and my only complaint is that it was missing
a rubber washer on one of the needles. But we don't use pure liquid marinades
anyway so it's not a problem.

It's also easy to clean, just unscrew the cap and the needle.
This one looks like it will last us a long time and we eat either chicken
or turkey daily, so this is going to get a lot of use.

We will try it with steak tips in a couple of weeks and see how that works.
But if you want to inject mariande with herbs into your meat, without them
getting stuck in the needle, THIS is the unit you are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marinade Injector, January 27, 2008
Crystal Grittith "Nana" (Baker, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Bayou Classic 5011 2-oz. Stainless Steel Seasoning Injector w/2 Stainless Needles: one for liquid marinaide, and one for minced herbs I went looking for something that would stand up to my hubby's heavy hand because the plastic 30cc Syringe and 14 g Spinal needle didn't. This product fits the bill. He can't break it! I like the side holes better than the end hole on a needle. Gets more flavoring where it's supposed to be. His venison ham was wonderful after injecting it with marinade. A little more $ but well worth it for an avid hunter or anyone who likes to inject their meat with flavorings/marinades. The injector for the dry products is just an added bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to replace o-rings, November 26, 2013
Very simple to use does precisely what you'd expect it to do. Yes, you will eventually lose the o-rings that come with it. No, it's not a big deal.

The o-rings are standardized.

AS568A-012 that's the size you're looking for.

Fractional:
ID: 3/8"
OD: 1/2"

Actual
ID: 0.364"
OD: 0.504"

If you're wanting to order them online and have them shipped to you McMaster-Carr sells them at the price of $7.26 (plus s/h) for a pack of 50. At McMaster-Carr you're looking for item number 9396K17. This particular item number is silicone with a temperature range, in Fahrenheit, of -65 to +425. The item is FDA compliant so it's food safe.

This thing works great for what it is and I do not understand the hatred for o-rings not being easily replaced. Yes it'd be nice for them to toss a few extras in, but I understand why the company doesn't just sell the o-rings. They're easy to obtain, for cheap, from numerous suppliers.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality seals - suffers from "weakest link" syndrome, July 14, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars No replacement parts, February 22, 2012
We love the sturdiness of this injector, but buyer beware! There are small, clear o-rings that are not very noticeable but slip off the needle very easily. (Alert your dish washer- my husband lost ours down the drain.) We called the company directly, and they do not sell/provide replacement parts!

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality and worth the cash., May 7, 2011
Good quality heavy steel and fit and finish are good. The threads on the cap are thin but could only be stripped by not paying attention. It works smoothly. The complaints of filling it with juice is again just silly, if your juice is too shallow to use the liquid needle (the one with the holes) use the minced marinade needle to fill and turn it upside down and swap needles. I give this 4 stars only because this is not made in USA.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, not great, December 26, 2008
Mike S (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Seems to do pretty well at injecting, but the screw top attachment at the top of the syringe has already lost its threading after 1 usage. I'd keep looking for a better one, especially since this one was rather pricey.

1.0 out of 5 stars Metal except for the silicon ring, July 11, 2012
The injector was great until the silicon ring broke making the injector useless. I called to get a replacement ring but the company said that they did not carry them and that they could not help me get one.I could not find a replacement elsewhere. So the extra money you pay for the metal injector is not worth it. A cheap plastic one would cost much less and last longer. Poor customer service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great meat injector, maybe., January 7, 2009
G. Derbes (Baton Rouge, LA) - See all my reviews
As an earlier reviewer noted, the threads attaching the plunger top to the cylinder are very easy to strip. The customer service was great, got a replacement in less than a week. I just hope it was a defect in the first one and not a design issue, this thing is made in China, so I don't know yet. I will be very careful how I screw the top back on after cleaning, and I also suggest putting vegetable oil on the threads.

It looks great and indestructable, but.....we'll see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not worth a nickle, December 11, 2008
This is a re-review. This injector was great the first and second time, but after only the 3rd use the threads stripped out at the top. It has been 10 months since the purchase because I only use it to brine pork legs to do hams. As I looked at the reviews I see I am not the only one to have the threads strip. Amazon should step up to the plate and help people get a refund on this piece of junk. No more from Amazon too hard to get help on something that is clearly defective. I can't change the rating or I would give this bad boy a -5. Save your money.