Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on September 8, 2009
We use Kraft Tuscan House Italian salad Dressing for our Chicken and Turkey
marinade. The problem with that salad dressing is the herbs stick in most
injectors. We actually broke a cheap injector trying to squeeze it too hard!

This Bayou classic injector has a needle for herb type mariandes.
Kraft makes great salad dressing and on chicken and turkey it's brilliant.
But it's loaded with herbs and spices. Well, fear not.
The needle is so sharp I can't imagine any meat it can't penetrate and
while the bigger herbs might need a bit more push or pull it works
flawlessly.

On chicken breasts it slides in and is super easy to inject just the amount
you want. It's built like a tank and my only complaint is that it was missing
a rubber washer on one of the needles. But we don't use pure liquid marinades
anyway so it's not a problem.

It's also easy to clean, just unscrew the cap and the needle.
This one looks like it will last us a long time and we eat either chicken
or turkey daily, so this is going to get a lot of use.

We will try it with steak tips in a couple of weeks and see how that works.
But if you want to inject mariande with herbs into your meat, without them
getting stuck in the needle, THIS is the unit you are looking for.
44 comments103 of 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2013
Very simple to use does precisely what you'd expect it to do. Yes, you will eventually lose the o-rings that come with it. No, it's not a big deal.

The o-rings are standardized.

AS568A-012 that's the size you're looking for.

Fractional:
ID: 3/8"
OD: 1/2"

Actual
ID: 0.364"
OD: 0.504"

If you're wanting to order them online and have them shipped to you McMaster-Carr sells them at the price of $7.26 (plus s/h) for a pack of 50. At McMaster-Carr you're looking for item number 9396K17. This particular item number is silicone with a temperature range, in Fahrenheit, of -65 to +425. The item is FDA compliant so it's food safe.

This thing works great for what it is and I do not understand the hatred for o-rings not being easily replaced. Yes it'd be nice for them to toss a few extras in, but I understand why the company doesn't just sell the o-rings. They're easy to obtain, for cheap, from numerous suppliers.
review image review image
88 comments140 of 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2008
Bayou Classic 5011 2-oz. Stainless Steel Seasoning Injector w/2 Stainless Needles: one for liquid marinaide, and one for minced herbs I went looking for something that would stand up to my hubby's heavy hand because the plastic 30cc Syringe and 14 g Spinal needle didn't. This product fits the bill. He can't break it! I like the side holes better than the end hole on a needle. Gets more flavoring where it's supposed to be. His venison ham was wonderful after injecting it with marinade. A little more $ but well worth it for an avid hunter or anyone who likes to inject their meat with flavorings/marinades. The injector for the dry products is just an added bonus!
22 comments83 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2012
The plastic seals turn a potentially good product into junk. Plastic is too hard to easily tighten needle by hand, so the liquid runs out of syringe or shoots out of seal when injecting the meat. Will try to replace with some softer rubber o-rings from the hardware store, something the manufacture should have done in the first place.
0Comment46 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2012
We love the sturdiness of this injector, but buyer beware! There are small, clear o-rings that are not very noticeable but slip off the needle very easily. (Alert your dish washer- my husband lost ours down the drain.) We called the company directly, and they do not sell/provide replacement parts!
0Comment32 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2011
Good quality heavy steel and fit and finish are good. The threads on the cap are thin but could only be stripped by not paying attention. It works smoothly. The complaints of filling it with juice is again just silly, if your juice is too shallow to use the liquid needle (the one with the holes) use the minced marinade needle to fill and turn it upside down and swap needles. I give this 4 stars only because this is not made in USA.
on December 26, 2008
Seems to do pretty well at injecting, but the screw top attachment at the top of the syringe has already lost its threading after 1 usage. I'd keep looking for a better one, especially since this one was rather pricey.
11 comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 11, 2012
this is a well made heavy duty stainless steal meat injector. this is so much better then the cheap plastic injectors I've been using wished I bought this years ago. the needles are 6" long & work very well. I don't see any problems with cross threading when putting together like one reviewer have stated I guess it could happen if your not careful. this injector works great just remember to keep the rubber seal oiled I use vegetable oil that way the seal won't roll up and come off. I think this was worth the money I would buy this again.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on December 11, 2008
This is a re-review. This injector was great the first and second time, but after only the 3rd use the threads stripped out at the top. It has been 10 months since the purchase because I only use it to brine pork legs to do hams. As I looked at the reviews I see I am not the only one to have the threads strip. Amazon should step up to the plate and help people get a refund on this piece of junk. No more from Amazon too hard to get help on something that is clearly defective. I can't change the rating or I would give this bad boy a -5. Save your money.
22 comments34 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2009
As an earlier reviewer noted, the threads attaching the plunger top to the cylinder are very easy to strip. The customer service was great, got a replacement in less than a week. I just hope it was a defect in the first one and not a design issue, this thing is made in China, so I don't know yet. I will be very careful how I screw the top back on after cleaning, and I also suggest putting vegetable oil on the threads.

It looks great and indestructable, but.....we'll see.
11 comment21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse