Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bayou Classic 5011 2-Ounce Stainless-Steel Seasoning Injector with Marinade Needles
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 8, 2009
We use Kraft Tuscan House Italian salad Dressing for our Chicken and Turkey
marinade. The problem with that salad dressing is the herbs stick in most
injectors. We actually broke a cheap injector trying to squeeze it too hard!

This Bayou classic injector has a needle for herb type mariandes.
Kraft makes great salad dressing and on chicken and turkey it's brilliant.
But it's loaded with herbs and spices. Well, fear not.
The needle is so sharp I can't imagine any meat it can't penetrate and
while the bigger herbs might need a bit more push or pull it works
flawlessly.

On chicken breasts it slides in and is super easy to inject just the amount
you want. It's built like a tank and my only complaint is that it was missing
a rubber washer on one of the needles. But we don't use pure liquid marinades
anyway so it's not a problem.

It's also easy to clean, just unscrew the cap and the needle.
This one looks like it will last us a long time and we eat either chicken
or turkey daily, so this is going to get a lot of use.

We will try it with steak tips in a couple of weeks and see how that works.
But if you want to inject mariande with herbs into your meat, without them
getting stuck in the needle, THIS is the unit you are looking for.
44 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2013
Very simple to use does precisely what you'd expect it to do. Yes, you will eventually lose the o-rings that come with it. No, it's not a big deal.

The o-rings are standardized.

AS568A-012 that's the size you're looking for.

Fractional:
ID: 3/8"
OD: 1/2"

Actual
ID: 0.364"
OD: 0.504"

If you're wanting to order them online and have them shipped to you McMaster-Carr sells them at the price of $7.26 (plus s/h) for a pack of 50. At McMaster-Carr you're looking for item number 9396K17. This particular item number is silicone with a temperature range, in Fahrenheit, of -65 to +425. The item is FDA compliant so it's food safe.

This thing works great for what it is and I do not understand the hatred for o-rings not being easily replaced. Yes it'd be nice for them to toss a few extras in, but I understand why the company doesn't just sell the o-rings. They're easy to obtain, for cheap, from numerous suppliers.
review image review image
88 comments|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2008
Bayou Classic 5011 2-oz. Stainless Steel Seasoning Injector w/2 Stainless Needles: one for liquid marinaide, and one for minced herbs I went looking for something that would stand up to my hubby's heavy hand because the plastic 30cc Syringe and 14 g Spinal needle didn't. This product fits the bill. He can't break it! I like the side holes better than the end hole on a needle. Gets more flavoring where it's supposed to be. His venison ham was wonderful after injecting it with marinade. A little more $ but well worth it for an avid hunter or anyone who likes to inject their meat with flavorings/marinades. The injector for the dry products is just an added bonus!
22 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2012
The plastic seals turn a potentially good product into junk. Plastic is too hard to easily tighten needle by hand, so the liquid runs out of syringe or shoots out of seal when injecting the meat. Will try to replace with some softer rubber o-rings from the hardware store, something the manufacture should have done in the first place.
on May 7, 2011
Good quality heavy steel and fit and finish are good. The threads on the cap are thin but could only be stripped by not paying attention. It works smoothly. The complaints of filling it with juice is again just silly, if your juice is too shallow to use the liquid needle (the one with the holes) use the minced marinade needle to fill and turn it upside down and swap needles. I give this 4 stars only because this is not made in USA.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 11, 2012
this is a well made heavy duty stainless steal meat injector. this is so much better then the cheap plastic injectors I've been using wished I bought this years ago. the needles are 6" long & work very well. I don't see any problems with cross threading when putting together like one reviewer have stated I guess it could happen if your not careful. this injector works great just remember to keep the rubber seal oiled I use vegetable oil that way the seal won't roll up and come off. I think this was worth the money I would buy this again.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 22, 2012
We love the sturdiness of this injector, but buyer beware! There are small, clear o-rings that are not very noticeable but slip off the needle very easily. (Alert your dish washer- my husband lost ours down the drain.) We called the company directly, and they do not sell/provide replacement parts!
on December 26, 2008
Seems to do pretty well at injecting, but the screw top attachment at the top of the syringe has already lost its threading after 1 usage. I'd keep looking for a better one, especially since this one was rather pricey.
on December 11, 2008
This is a re-review. This injector was great the first and second time, but after only the 3rd use the threads stripped out at the top. It has been 10 months since the purchase because I only use it to brine pork legs to do hams. As I looked at the reviews I see I am not the only one to have the threads strip. Amazon should step up to the plate and help people get a refund on this piece of junk. No more from Amazon too hard to get help on something that is clearly defective. I can't change the rating or I would give this bad boy a -5. Save your money.
on August 19, 2013
When I first received the packaged product it seemed like the foam insert that held the injector was glued into the surrounding cardboard box it was so tight. Once I pried it out I discovered why. The liquid marinade injector needle is longer that the slot that was designed to hold it and this forced the foam cover to wedge itself and the rest of the foam packaging into the outer box. This is unfortunate because the foam insert is pretty nice and would be a good thing to store the product in day-to-day (if it fit). I uploaded a few photos showing this.

Packaging issues aside, my first impressions were good. The product was heavier than I expected and SEEMED solidly built. Upon further inspection I discovered the same liquid marinade needle that didn't fit the packaging was also defective. The part that screws into the injector and the needle itself are two separate pieces and mine was so loose that it was flopping around when touched.

I tried making a quick call to the manufacture to see if they could send me a replacement needle but they didn't return my call. Thankfully Amazon has a good return policy and a replacement should arrive by the end of the week in time for my grilling project.

I hope this needle issue is an isolated problem. I'll update this review if I experience any other issues with the replacement.
review image review image