5.0 out of 5 stars BOHEMIAN SPLENDOR!
Published on May 26, 2008 by R. Heitman

2.0 out of 5 stars BIZARRE Style is more accurate title
Although the book itself is beautifully produced and photographed, the 'style' gives Eclectic a bad name. Even the most avant-garde professional designers know that the eye needs someplace to rest. "Calm" and "rest" don't appear here.
Published on September 22, 2008 by J. G. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars BOHEMIAN SPLENDOR!, May 26, 2008
R. Heitman (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bazaar Style: Decorating with Market and Vintage Finds (Hardcover)
I love this look and find it a fun and easy way to decorate, HOWEVER, I caution those less adventurous folks to find a more mainstream book for reference. This book focuses on the flea market, ethnic look which is not a look based on balance or anything cohesive...it's an "anything goes" kind of look which is perfect if you are just starting out and trying to put a home together with odds and ends available to you from friends and family. Since I am a huge garage sale, antique mall or tag sale fan, I love seeing how these type of things can be show-cased to look fun and stylish. Since my style is a mix of this bohemian style with antiques and newer, modern furnishings and accessories mixed in, I find it a good point of reference when I'm looking for new and fresh ideas.

This is a wonderful book to spark some creativity and make your imagination run wild!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun design book, July 24, 2008
Lennie Vilches (Ventura, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I never write reviews, but this book is just fantastic!
I love unique and different things with lots of color, so this book is very helpful. I can use the things I have for a vibrant fun filled home.
If you are an avid flea market, rummage sale, & import store shopper, you are going to really enjoy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of joy, October 3, 2008
I¨m not a vintage/fleamarket style person when it comes to interiors, but it's refreshing to see that personal and unique homes can be created without a lot of money. A lot of ideas can be picked up here. You don't have to have a home that's entirely Bazaar/vintage style, but quite a lot of us do have a piece or two that can come to use in our home and make it our own. A lot of pictures - a book that gives you value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars BIZARRE Style is more accurate title, September 22, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, January 28, 2011
I loved this book. Its more for those who like the thrill of second-hand finds and filling their homes with eclectic mixes of random found things. If that's you then beware...You will probably be as jealous as me of everyone who had their homes featured in this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bazaar means a world market, not weird, March 9, 2012
Sallie Hunter (Virginia, United States) - See all my reviews
I LOVE this book. The eclectic mix contained within this book was a true inspiration for me from the moment I opened the cover. I could not get enough of each gloriously color-saturated picture of these fun, vintage/bazaar/playful interiors. I love how anything from French Rococo to sixties mod furnishings is juxtaposed and enhanced by the creative styling of Selina Lake and her bevy of homeowners in this book. If you are looking for colorful, affordable, quirky, yet elegant interiors then buy this book for some much needed pizazz and flare.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, April 10, 2011
C Lynn P "Cher" (New England, USA) - See all my reviews
There are some nice pictures in this book, but little else of substance. And a lot of the rooms are re-shot so you see the same things 3 or 4 times on different pages. If you are looking for inspiration, you might find some help here. But for practical purposes, and for ideas for a home people actually live in, this isn't the book. Makes a nice coffee table book for people to pick up and glance through for a few minutes, but I read the whole book in less than a 1/2 hour.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book is true to its Title, March 26, 2011
A bright, fun book with that European edge that's so appealing; however, I'm not as much of a fan of this particular kind of kitsch as I thought I was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Style after my own heart!, March 3, 2014
Vic "VLM" (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
Although this book was published in 2008, the style is in no way dated, which is an attribute to the vibrant eclectic style Selina Lake's wonderful book portrays. If you like imaginative, creative interiors that reflect the occupant's taste, as opposed to pocketbook, this book should resonate with you. As a world traveler and collector who wants my interiors to reflect my personal style and life experiences, I can truly relate to Bazaar Style. The images in the book are inspirational and mouthwatering. Highly recommended for those who like this style.

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad I didn't buy this book..., November 5, 2008
A. T. Lane (Oklahoma City) - See all my reviews
This book is fine if you just want inspiration. A little mish-mash but not your traditional decoratinig book. I checked out this book at the library hoping I'd see lots of the same thing as pictured on the cover. I didn't. I wanted to see how they did the fireplace that was pictured on the cover. The problem with this type of book is that you can't ever find the same things at flea markets and replicate it. But there weren't any instructions or how-to and this book was pretty WORDY for no instructions. Basically, it was "decorate with things you love."

Bazaar Style: Decorating with Market and Vintage Finds
Bazaar Style: Decorating with Market and Vintage Finds by Selina Lake (Hardcover - April 1, 2008)
Used & New from: $4.44