Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 18, 2014 8:43:42 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 20, 2014 12:20:59 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 12:47:29 PM PST
S. Caupp says:
I completed Diablo III on all four difficulty levels with three different classes and never used a penny of real money.

"I'm sure as hell staying away from the base game"

So you never actually played D3 but feel compelled to warn people away from this expansion?

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 1:06:21 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 20, 2014 12:20:55 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 20, 2014 12:00:24 PM PST
Just keep in mind that the RMAH is going to be removed prior to the expansion's release. I don't know if that will help ease some of the issues inherent in the base game, but it does negate all the "pay to win" complaints.

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 2:31:05 PM PST
Gunner Bjorn says:
All Legacy Equipment is going to be gone. Everything bought on the Auction House is worthless. All Equipment must be found in ROS or in Vanilla after Equipment 2.0 is put in place. Kind of a slap in the face to all those who played D3. Online only mode. Blizzard will have total control over you and your characters while you play - if you chose to buy ROS. I am not at the moment and for good reason.

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 5:03:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2014 5:03:30 PM PST
John Hostick says:
If you have never played Diable 3, go for it. If you have played the game, and are unaware of the many, substantial, changes to the game, head to the official Blizzard forums and educate yourself on what to expect. You may not be happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2014 8:02:52 AM PST
Agreed. I did my own research and opted not to purchase Diablo III, but don't believe I have any grounds to recommend others to do the same (or to buy it). Reviews of the actual merits (based on playing the game, rather than hypotheticals) are valuable... Soap-box opinions: not so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2014 12:58:44 PM PST
Gunner Bjorn says:
Agreed- Also. MVP's have quit due to ROS having the same problems as the original game - ROS isn't even a good fix for a broken system.

1. All damage is based on weapon only Damage Per Second. Problem: Other gear doesn't matter much then - so why play and look for junk gear?

2. Character Builds - Uninspiring? Yes! Bad builds and good builds have been nerfed by Blizzard.

3. No endgame? Once you get to the equivalent of level 75 - you are just supposed to hunt for junk items and grind the same terrain over and over and over? What is that about?

4. $40 for 1 act and 1 new char? Come on! I think that Blizzard is just trying to cash out on the Diablo Name. Path of Exile might be more Diablo than D3 and ROS. Save your money.

If you have played D3 - which I have finished with one char of each class. Make a decision based on your type of gameplay and what you like. My Opinion is mine and not yours. Realize that most people on forums are bored of the game. That is why they are one the forums - makes sense right?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2014 8:56:46 PM PST
Grumbler says:
please don't post rumor as fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2014 8:58:06 PM PST
Grumbler says:
sounds more to me like most of you haven't played diablo 2...

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 4:01:28 PM PST
Gunner Bjorn says:
Now there is no trading in D3 or ROS. That was half the game. It is just a cash grab to put a 1 act expansion up for sale for $40.

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 11:16:11 PM PST
rigsbyt says:
Most people probably waste $40 food week by throwing it way (So a weeks worth of waste will pay for the game). Be glad you don't have to by time cards to play, like you do in WOW.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jan 18, 2014
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - PC/Mac
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - PC/Mac by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Windows 7 / 8)
4.2 out of 5 stars (541)