Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 15, 2011
Be Lifted High sets the stage for God to move through these original songs and moments of prophetic worship where you'll find your passion rises and hunger for the Lord is stirred. This album features Bethel Music artists: Brian and Jenn Johnson, Jeremy Riddle, William Matthews, Amanda Falk, and Steffany Frizzell. Jeremy Riddle is the writer and singer of the amazing worship song "Sweetly Broken," a Vineyard Worship song and one of the great songs on Jeremy's solo debut album on Varietal Records Full Attention, which was one of my top albums of 2007. He has an earnest, sincere songwriting and singing style that will immediately remind you of Bono from U2, Chris Martin from Coldplay, and also worship leader Matt Redman and Martin Smith from Delirious?. Since I love those artists and alternative rock style praise and worship, I'm predisposed to like Jeremy Riddle and Bethel Live.

Be Lifted High begins with a new worship classic "You Are Good," and the energy and enthusiasm of the crowd is infectious. I knew when I started singing and clapping along with the live recording that I was in for a real treat. The next hour and all 13 songs kept me hooked with the incredible vocals, stellar guitar playing and the amazing audience participation. This is what a live recording is all about. The vertical worship and number of songs I could imagine singing in union with fellow believers in a corporate worship setting is another highlight of this very solid album. Some of the songs that would be great additions to church services are "You Are Good," "One Thing Remains," "Furious," "Be Lifted High," "Hopes Anthem," "Love Came Down" and "Deep Cries Out." "One Thing Remains" is led by Brian Johnson with the amazing chorus "Your Love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me." "Furious" is led by Jeremy Riddle and is one of my favorite songs of the year with the biblical truth: "His love is deep, His love is wide, And it covers us, His love is fierce, His love is strong, It is furious, His love is sweet, His love is wild, And its waking hearts to life." I love the bridge of "Hopes Anthem"-"He's bringing hope to the hopeless, giving His heart to the broken, sharing His home with the orphans, He is the hope of the nations, He is the song we're declaring, He is the joy, He is my joy!" The song is challenging and uplifting I can't get enough of it.

"Deep Cries Out" is one of the best "dance" worship songs I've ever heard. You can't help but move your body while belting out this incredible new anthem, which makes me think of David dancing before God in worship. "God I Look To You" has that classic Jesus Culture worship experience feel and will have you lifting your hands in worship to our King, as the bridge declares over and over "Hallelujah, Our God Reigns, Forever all my days, Hallelujah!" The album ends as great as it begins with closing tracks "God Of The Redeemed," which features Jeremy Riddle, along with "Forever and a Day," which has that Jesus Culture feel again and "One Thirst," which features the entire worship team. "One Thirst" will have you singing along with the Bethel Church congregation as they close with the chorus "Hallelujah come, yes Hallelujah come, we wait for You to come and show Your glory here today."

CLOSING THOUGHTS
If you like the song "Sweetly Broken," you'll love the album Be Lifted High. If you like Brit-Rock style praise and worship artists Hillsong UNITED, Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, Jesus Culture and Delirious?, then you can't go wrong with Jeremy Riddle and the Bethel Live worship team. Every song on this album has quickly become a staple in my playlist of my favorite worship anthems. Every song is worshipful and catchy. For sure, this will be among my top worship albums of the year. My best description of this incredible album is to remember the first time you attended a worship event that really made the hair stand up on your neck and if you want to re-live that experience, then you need to get Be Lifted High.
on October 7, 2011
This is a very good CD with a fresh contemporary set of woship songs akin to, but not a clone of, Hillsongs and Vineyard worship. It has great voices (each lead singer has quality vocals), lots of energy and I felt like it is an anointed effort. It really blessed me. However, the package is noted as a CD+DVD package, like others from their group including their youth recordings which are listed CD+DVD also. On every other combo package from this church's music that labeling means the package contains the same live recording on DVD as the CD. In this case the DVD is only a very long set of interviews with the singers/writers of the songs. Which, IMO, is a one time only watch and is not clearly identified as such on the outside of the CD. I bought it thinking I was getting the as usual, concert footage on DVD + audio recording on CD. That was very disappointing and a little misleading to me, but the CD is very good and as long as someone goes into the purchase knowing what they are getting, it is worth the purchase.
on March 7, 2011
I loved the album and agree that the moment that I listened to it the "presence of God" came powerfully into my room. I love these songs and I can listen to them over and over again because the presence and power of God never gets old.
The best part of the album is the interviews with the people who created these songs. If you have ever gone through a very tough time "as a Christian" I challenge you to see Brian Johnson's testimony. My son went through a year of the exact same thing and Brian Johnson's interview challenged us to "praise" our way to breakthrough. It is very powerful. All the interviews show the pain of life's losses and hurts while the "Glory" of God always breaks through the clouds. If you want an album that is powerful in worship get this one. This is not your standard "Studio" album this is about one thing praising, magnifying and glorifying the Lord. Be warned - the Lord inhabits the praises of His people.
on May 2, 2011
I don't ever buy entire CD's, but "Be Lifted High" is incredible! Absolutely God-Blessed! If you love Worship music that honors God not just with it's message but with the music talent, this CD is a must have. True Worship music that just shows/points to the realization that God is absolutely amazing!!!! Praise Him.
on April 5, 2011
Simply stated - this CD is totally anointed. I couldn't have purchased a better worship CD! Every song brings you closer into the presence of the Lord. All of the musicians give this CD such a richly, inspired sound. Christians who are on fire for the Lord will not be disappointed with this purchase.
on December 28, 2013
I'm not sure why some of the other reviewers think the quality and the mixing are bad. I've listened to this album 20 or more times and I like it a little more each time. The one I downloaded is great quality. The only thing I noted is that the song order is a little choppy. It goes from fast to slow to fast to slow throughout the album. I prefer a worship album to start out fast and then move to slower songs and maybe end on a faster or anthem-style song, with more "flow" than "gear shifting." That's easy to fix with the downloaded album since I can arrange anyway that I want!

Notable songs are:
"One Thing Remains" is a church congregation favorite and one whose lyrics will stick in your head for a long time. Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me!

Jeremy Riddle's "Furious."

Brian Johnson's "What Would I Have Done."

William Matthews' "Hope's Anthem" is my favorite song from the album. He's breathing life into my soul! The album is worth owning for this song alone.

I didn't care too much for the version of "Love Came Down" that's on this album. I prefer the acoustic and free flowing version of that song from Brian's solo album. Overall, this is a great album, if you're into the worship style of Bethel church. They're constantly producing thoughtful, deep lyrics with great instrumentation so what's not to love?

You should also check out The Band Justus and Elevation Worship for more great music!
on April 4, 2011
Be Lifted High from Bethel Music is easily one of the best praise and worship albums of the year. If you are a fan of Hillsong United or any of the Passion albums, you will absolutely love this. It's a steal at whatever price Amazon is selling it for. It is truly one of those rare albums that you can listen to from start to finish without having to skip a song.
on April 6, 2011
Best cd I've heard this year! Experiencing the presence of God listening to this contagious worship. Love, love, love YOU ARE GOOD! and ONE THING REMAINS carries such a powerful declaration of God's love! And then the joyous party of DEEP CRIES OUT! I have shared this with all my friends, as well as our local church. Bethel, Thanks for sharing your songs with us!
on February 18, 2014
This is an excellent anointed worship album.. Only reason not giving five stars is I personally find this second place (but close) to Jesus Culture style of worship music which I prefer... But both are highly anointed. Tip for believers: play worship music 24/7 in your house to change the atmosphere (doesn't need t be loud or pervasive, just constant).
on April 9, 2013
I have purchased a lot of worship albums in my life and this one ranks among the best. The title track is my favorite but there are plenty of stunningly beautiful songs on this album. There is something about live worship cds that make them my favorites in the genre. Get this album for powerful and authentic worship.