5.0 out of 5 stars Please spend time with this book of miracles [RECOMMENDED]
Published on May 16, 2012 by Steve Proctor

3.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't terribly impressed by the first one-third of the book but ...
A friend suggested that I read this book. I wasn't terribly impressed by the first one-third of the book but continued reading in order to accommodate my friend. When I finished the book, I had changed my mind and ordered my own copy. Not the strongest book on this topic but certainly worthwhile.
Published 11 days ago by D Hamner

5.0 out of 5 stars Please spend time with this book of miracles [RECOMMENDED], May 16, 2012
I bumped into Be the Miracle by accident. Intrigued by the great reviews of Regina Brett's other books, I decided to try it. And I'm glad I did. Like most general interest inspirational/advice books, you're not exactly going to learn something you didn't-on some level-already know. But as a journalist who traffics in human drama and a gifted storyteller, you'll hear life's lessons in a way that can touch you so you do know it a little better.

Take, for example, the book's opening lesson: Start Where You Are. We're immediately greeted with a great quote: "There's an old saying, `if you think you're too small to make a difference, think of a mosquito in a tent.'" She then goes on to relate how a clerk at a convenience store recognized a kidnapper and saved a little girl's life. Of course summarizing it like that sounds so hum drum, but not when in Brett's hands or I should say keyboard. She makes the story come alive, making the reading and lesson go down like candy.

I enjoyed spending time with her lessons, and bet you will too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Inspiration, January 27, 2012
I also stumbled onto this book by accident. It was a "sizzler" at my local library, and sounded interesting, so I picked it up. I'm only halfway through, but have LOVED reading it. Brett teaches important life lessons through personal experiences (which sends them "home" but doesn't feel preachy). Her "lessons" have truly helped change the way I look at my life and what I am capable of, and has generated a greater faith in humanity for me as a whole. I would recommend this book to absolutely everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down, March 25, 2012
Philip Yeoh (Penang, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book and Regina Brett's previous one, God Never Blinks. These two books have helped me so much after going through a bitter divorce. Her life lessons are each only a few pages long, and yet they reveal so much wisdom, insight, courage, and wit. These two books are never far from me--when a depressing moment comes up, all I have to do is refresh myself and thumb through either book. Sometimes, even just reading the header of each life lesson helps.

Very highly recommended. I look forward to your third volume, Regina!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book!, March 12, 2012
makes you want to be a better person. Inspiring short chapter stories that make you want to run out and do something really special for someone else!

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE-CHANGING, LIFE-AFFIRMING, January 6, 2012
I have no idea how many copies of Regina's first book I have purchased; I'd buy copies for friends, relatives and colleagues for special occasions or special needs. Regina's life-changing, life-affirming messages are the perfect gift. Can't wait to share her latest book, "Be the Miracle."

5.0 out of 5 stars Brett's writes about life, turning each short essay into a lesson to be both learned and shared., March 27, 2012
Regina Brett's GOD NEVER BLINKS was one of my favorite books from a few years ago . . . I just finished listening to her latest, BE THE MIRACLE: 50 LESSONS FOR MAKING THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE (Hachette Audio), which she also narrated . . . it has already been added to my list of 2012 favorites.

The author again writes about life, turning each short essay into a lesson to be both learned and shared . . . this time, many of them deal with cancer because Brett is now a cancer survivor.

In particular, I liked how she wrote about her own struggles with the disease, as well as about her bargains with God.

I also liked her observations about some things that might ordinarily be considered as mundane--but aren't really:

* I've never forgotten the day I was a ball of stress and stopped to pay for parking. In most parking lots, you pull up, the person takes your money, gives you change, and you pull away. Your eyes never meet and neither of you remembers the encounter.

This time the attendant looked me in the eye, greeted me, shook my hand, and gave me a blessing before I left.

He told me he loved his job and saw it as his ministry to bless people as they passed through his parking lot into the rest of their day. Where I saw a mere money collector, he saw a mission in life. He left me feeling renewed and calm.

We've all had moments like that. They happen when you are with people who know that everyone matters, that you don't have to make a lot of money to make a big difference, that you can simply start where you are and magnify the good.

In another chapter, Brett urges all to speak up for others, especially when
when they aren't present to speak up for themselves:

* Far too many of us remain silent. Years ago I wrote an investigative story about a teenager in Rittman, Ohio, who had been arrested for killing his father. For years, Will Snyder had suffered constant abuse at the hands of his alcoholic dad, who also suffered from a serious untreated mental illness. Then one morning, on Jan. 21, 1996, the quiet 17-year-old who had never been in trouble picked up a baseball bat and killed his sleeping father. As soon as the news broke, a stream of neighbors and friends called the police on the boy's behalf. They told the police about all the times they had seen bruises on the boy.

Neighbors had seen Will's dad hit him so hard the boy fell to the ground. Friends had seen Will with black eyes, bruises and welts. After the police completed their investigation, 70 people had confirmed that Will had been battered for years by his dad. Will was convicted of manslaughter. The judge gave him five years probation. No one had spoken up until it was too late.

Graduation time will soon be coming. BE THE MIRACLE would be great gift idea to give any high school or college student. You'll enjoy it, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love reading Regina Brett books !, January 29, 2012
I loved reading Regina Brett when she was a columnist for the Akron Beacon Journal. I bought "Be The Miracle" after my husband bought me her first book, "God Never Blinks". These are the stories that give you Hope. These are the books that you read over and over and share with friends !! They are great easy reads !!! You'll love reading both of these books !! Enjoy !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Be the Miracle: 50 Lessons for Making the Impossible Possible (Hardcover)
I was amazed that this book was so inspiring. Very well written and such meaningful life lessons. Not your ordinary "self help" book (I ordinarily don't read those). This is a book I will refer to very, very often to remind me of the lessons taught here. And a book that I will NOT be loaning out! Just telling friends and family they should read it. And I will certainly give copies as gifts to loved ones. READ THIS BOOK!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Power of One, July 19, 2013
I keep this book in my bedside table because you can pick it up before going to sleep or when you wake up at night and can't sleep or want to start your day positively. It is calming, uplifting, and encouraging to read about how ordinary people, and people we look at every day who we don't think about making a difference in our world, have done miraculous things.We are bombarded with negative news every day but this little book lets me know that there are many great and positive people and deeds done every day by people like you and me that change peoples' worlds forever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be the Miracle: 50 Lessons for Making the Impossible Possible, by Regina Brett, July 16, 2013
What I've read, so far, is very good. These lessons, we have heard so many times before, she just presents them in a different light(at least this is how I feel)Her "rendition" is a good reminder & I'm satisfied that I purchased the book, on my Kindle, so I can refer to it, not only at home, but anywhere when I feel stressed. For me, it helps to smooth the waters & I feel I can be more caring about others than focusing on myself. What do you think?

Be the Miracle: 50 Lessons for Making the Impossible Possible
Be the Miracle: 50 Lessons for Making the Impossible Possible by Regina Brett (Hardcover - January 6, 2012)
Used & New from: $3.83