5.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared
At first glance, Be Prepared looks like it might be a joke book. The bright yellow handbook format cover shows a child in a backpack strapped onto a smiling, manly fellow in a lumberjack shirt. Front backpack straps replace the man's suspenders, baby bottle, rattles and other toys are at his waist, toolbelt style, and a pacifier dangles from a strap in his fingers. It...
Published on August 13, 2006 by Oleanna

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but gets old
Lots of information with a fun twist, but it does make my husband feel as though the author thinks a male is incapable of a serious thought in regards to child rearing.
Published 14 months ago by C. Babin

‹ Previous | 124 25 2648 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband absolutely loves this book, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
I got this book for my husband for Father's Day. He absolutely loves the book and read the whole thing within a week. After reading a chapter he would then tell me about what he learned, which shows me that this book explains things in ways that guys can really relate to. I would highly recommend this book to any expecting father.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, helpful book, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
Going to be a first-time dad, and this book makes me feel more prepared for the experience. The illustrations are funny, yet informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious yet practical, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
Recently bought this for two friends after picking it up in 2007 when my wife was expecting our first. Great mix of funny and practical. Makes you really think about the early years and reminds you to appreciate your child as they grow; it happens so fast. A great gift, great price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ideas!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
This book, modeled like the old Boy Scouts handbook, is great for expectant dads. Actually, it is good for expectant grandparents too! It is practical, giving hands-on ideas to help with your baby, misconceptions, and fears and doubts in facing one of the biggest challenges of life - Parenthood of a brand new baby. We bought it for our son during the pregnancy of his first child, and thought it was so good, bought it again for our son-in-law for the birth of their second child.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Husband Loves This Book!, August 5, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
Not only is this book hilarious and illustrated in a witty parody of Boy's Life (which my husband knew because he's an Eagle Scout) it actually has great, accurate info. If you've ever seen the movie Knocked Up you may remember the controversy over getting the dad to read the birthing/parenting books. That bit rings true for all guys, I think, because most of those books are so geared to women so they feel like a chore to read. This has a really practical feel to it, without a strong bent toward one particular parenting style. Of course it shouldn't be considered the only book you'll ever need, but it's a great staple and a perfect (rare) new dad gift. I enjoyed it too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Hubby!, July 31, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
Great content and def written with a man's sense of humor in mind. Only worry is that some of the information may be just a bit outdated. Overall though, I would def read this book if you are a father-to-be. I am, and I had a great time reading this book. Helped me answer a lot of those questions like, "What to expect?" and "What can I do to help my wife?" READ IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!, July 12, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
I purchased this book for a first time father to be. He was so nervous at first.
Reading this book has calmed him down quite a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ book, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
This is the most helpful and accurate book for Dads and Moms benefit from it too.
Have given to multiple first time fathers - if you want to get a new father a great book, this is the one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious...Yet Practical, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my husband for Father's Day. Our little one isn't due for another 6 weeks and I thought it would be a fun daddy-to-be gift. We spent a good amount of time laughing as we read through this together. It is a very practical book with lots of great information!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book for new dads!, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
This book seems to be more for fun than anything. It's sort of a hilarious warm-up to parenthood for fathers. I recommend it as a gift for any guy who just found out he's going to be a dad. I'm glad our friends pointed it out to us and I hear my husband chuckling all the time when he reads it...and then comes to read the funny part to me.

‹ Previous | 124 25 2648 | Next ›

Be Prepared
Be Prepared by Jeannie Hayden (Paperback - June 1, 2004)
$16.00 $10.27