5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely hard, likely frustrating for most
This is the hardest puzzle in the Cast series. Just three sturdy solid metal pieces. Get Radix before this one -- Radix is more fun.

Vortex is gorgeously complicated, with subtle differences between the three pieces. It is very, very difficult to keep track of the pieces as they twist around.

Ultimately, this one was too hard for me. I only know...
Published on August 9, 2010 by Ed Pegg Jr

2.0 out of 5 stars So difficult it's not fun
Bought for my 10yr old son. There's no directions on how to solve it, it's so hard that after a while he just gives up. Now this is in a box forgotten.
Published 1 month ago by Mommypunk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely hard, likely frustrating for most, August 9, 2010
This review is from: BePuzzled Hanayama Cast Metal Brainteaser Puzzles - Hanayama Vortex Puzzle (Level 5) (Toy)

Ultimately, this one was too hard for me. I only know a few solvers in the puzzle-collecting community. I might try it again later, to see if I can figure out how the heck it was designed. The design is brilliant, but that doesn't always translate to a fun solving experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very challenging, January 26, 2012
This is one of those Hanayama puzzles that, if you are not a fan of puzzles and would not like to get frustrated by making efforts for days hopelessly for a toy, then do not buy this! If you are like me (as I just described) then just get it. This puzzle, even though given 5 out of 6 as difficulty level, is definitely one of the toughest puzzles. I can say it is somewhere close to quartet, the two are actually head to head in leading the most frustrating puzzle competition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you get the hang of it..., December 17, 2011
It's a very complicated solution, and equally so putting it back together. But once you get the hang of it you can solve and restore behind your back in less than 30 seconds. I can't imagine the diabolical mind that designed the Vortex.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like it more, January 14, 2013
It was a Christmas stocking present for my 12 year old. I think I was enjoying it more than she was but that's probably because she got a cell phone for Christmas. Anyway, nice solid, heavy feel to it. However, I got a small metal splinter in my finger after about 30 minutes of use. I can imagine that could be pretty upsetting for some. After that incident, had no other issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is hard, October 24, 2013
i have not solved this puzzle and if i ever do get it apart i'm sure i'll never get it back together.
you have to love a puzzle you can't beat.

it is a complex entanglement puzzle. I constantly lose my perspective when manipulating it.
it is very well done. my compliments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design. Tuff one for me., July 4, 2014
Great looking design. Now this is the type of puzzles that makes me nuts. You can really get turned around while fumbling with it. Figured out how to disassemble in about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. But it looks like it gonna stay as a lump of knotted metal for awhile because I couldnt figure out how to get it back together. Lol Could be a level 6 in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little, i mean *little*, puzzle, July 23, 2012
I bought this for my husband. He likes tavern puzzles and thought it would be a nice change to regular grown guy gifts. I pulled out the box to wrap and was surprised it was so small. About the size of the inside of your palm. Once i got past that, it is a nice little puzzle, good for a coffee table or side table. Its very durable shiny object, heavy and ready for lots of jostling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 15, 2014
Got this for my friend for his birthday, he likes puzzles and brain teasers. This puzzle was great, it was difficult and fun at the same time. Got a little frustrated for me, but he seemed to like it. I had also gotten several other puzzles from this seller, and they were all great fun. Would definitely recommend to people who can appreciate a good challenge, also there are different levels to choose from which is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for father., February 11, 2014
This seems like a simple enough puzzle, but is actually quite perplexing.
Father is a skilled puzzle solver, was still working on it a week after purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Brain Teaser, January 28, 2014
Lee (California) - See all my reviews
The kids loved these puzzles. I purchased several of these for my nephews for Christmas and they spent hours passing them around trying to solve them. They also look cool just to sit around on their bedroom furniture.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›