5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful And Inspiring
Published on August 2, 2001 by J. M. Zuurbier

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved the movie
The CD had a few really good songs but not enough that I will be playing that often. But I love Bette Midler.
Published 9 months ago by Vickie Osborne

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful And Inspiring, August 2, 2001
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
Beaches is one of the best movies I have ever seen, it is one of my favorite. I have never seen such a captivating film about friends, and the trials and tribulations, the joys and fears, that go with the friendship. The music, is excellent. By far Bette's best music to date. On many tracks there is a resonance of sadness in each note. The standout obviously is the classic ballad "Wind Beneath My Wings", very uplifting, sad, but joyous at the same time. I sang it at a friend's funeral a few years ago. "Baby Mine", "The Friendship Theme" (instrumental) and "I Think It's Going To Rain Today" are all sad songs, that make you reflect on life (along with "Wind Beneath My Wings") and realize how precious and short our lives are, and how we shouldn't take it for granted. The fun side is shown through songs like "I've Still Got My Health" and "Otto Titsling". I also really like the cover of the Dolly Parton song "I Know You By Heart", its on Dolly's 1987 Rainbow album (out of print) and its a duet with Smokey Robinson. Overall though, this is a splendid album to listen to, its just brimming with quality material and talent. I also suggest you accompany this cd with the movie, absolutely a must see if you haven't seen it yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE BEST OF BETTE, April 14, 1999
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
WHEN I FIRST CAME TO THIS COUNTRY A FRIEND SUGESTED TO RENT "BEACHES";OH MY GOD DID WE CRY THAT NIGHT... I RECENTLY BOUGHT THE CD AND "WIND BENEATH MY WINGS" KEEPS REMENDING ME OF MY FATHER. THANK YOU BETTE FOR SUCH A WONDERFULL SONG.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bette Midler's Best, June 4, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful cd! It is full of beautiful songs that are so filled with love, you can hear it in every song. The music is wonderful and Bette Midler really shines! If you don't like bette midler i would recommend to find something else, but if you've seen the movie and you loved it as much as i do then this would be a perfect for you or as a gift. In fact, I bought for my best friend when I graduated from high school and she loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack album to an unforgettable movie!!!, July 29, 2006
Matt Tawesson (Macomb, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
I am a huge fan of Bette Midler and thought her acting in this movie was sensational; I love the movie as well. All of the songs on this soundtrack album are excellent. This is a great album to have, the fact that there are only ten songs on it doesn't bother me at all (I have this album on all three formats: LP, cassette tape and CD). Every song on this soundtrack album is worth many listens, especially "Wind Beneath My Wings", which I believe is the most memorable song on here (and my most favorite song of hers). I also love "Oh Industry", with its weird sounding intro, instrumentation and lyrics. The final song, "The Friendship Theme", which closes out the album, is great as an instrumental, a piano being the only instrument played in this song. "Otto Titsling" has got to be the funny title on this album, as funny as the scene in the movie that this song is heard in. "I Know You By Heart" is excellent, with Bette dueting with David Pack. "Baby Mine" is soft and sweet with Bette's beautiful voice blending so wonderfully with the piano. "I've Still Got My Health" is fine with its jazz sound. "I Think It's Going To Rain Today" is great, too, but has a little bit of a sad sound to it. "Under the Boardwalk" is great. I heard the earlier version of it (I don't know who the vocalists were on it), but didn't like it too much. Bette's version of this song is more enjoyable with an upbeat sound; the other version was bland and too mellow. "The Glory of Love" is great to listen to as well. When Bette's character sings it at the end of the movie, it's really touching to see her raise her hand and wave to Hillary (Barbara Hershey's character) in heaven. So, for those of you who are big fans of Bette Midler, I strongly advise you to buy this movie and get the soundtrack album as well. No Bette Midler music library should be complete without this title. Get them while you can!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Friendship Movie Ever, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
Barbara Hersheys character does not die of cancer. She is taken ill and dies of cardiomyopathy...a condition of the heart.

This wonderful contrast in characters depicts the strength of women friendships. Midler's dominant character learns that Hershey, though seemingly weaker, is where she has always drawn her strength. This movie uses every emotion, and the bittersweet ending, full of hope.

It's my favorite movie of all time. Thanks, Garry, for this magnificent story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack with the always wondeful Bette Midler, December 22, 2003
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
When I saw the movie Beaches, I cried. I have no idea why, being a 14 year old boy, it was touching to me, which is hard to do. It also made me laugh, which is another hard thing to do when it comes to movies. When Hilary Whitney gets lost on the beach in Atlantic City, a small actress by the name of CC Bloom, helps her back to her hotel, therefore revolutionizing a great friendship. As the two become closer through their letters, their Friendship also grows. Never hearing eachothers voices or seeing each other for over ten years, the two finally reunite for the best. Though the two may fight, they can still be friends no matter what. The songs on the movie were Fantastic, with a capital F. Bette Midler is so good at singing, it's almost indescribable how calming it is, yet interesting. I was overwhelmed when I heard there was a soundtrack, and bought it right away. It includes such songs as Bette Midlers, "Under the Boardwalk" and new songs like, "I know you by Heart". Don't hesitate on buying Bette Midler at all. You won't regret your choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars If only it were longer, June 2, 2002
jupiter79z (Rochester, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
This cd is just like the movie, exceptional.
To be honest, Otto Titsling is my favorite song--it makes me smile and it's funny to have people stare when I sing it in my car, stopped at a light.
Under The Boardwalk would have to be my least favorite, probably because I like the original so much, and this has a different feel.
Wind Beneath My Wings, of course, is a sensation in its self. If ever a friend has done something truly special for you, this song should be played in tribute.
I've Still Got My Health, is like the whole CD, too short. It's a jumpy little song that gets me going when I'm not feeling so happy with the world, because as it plays, "...I've still got my health, so what do I care?"
Baby Mine, a remake of the Disney song from Dumbo, always makes me cry. I bought this soundtrack just before my nephew was born, and to rock him to sleep with this song repeating, will always last in my memory.
The Glory of Love. What can I say? It makes me wish I were a child. And though it would have nice to have young CeCe's version included, it's interesting to see that the song grew and changed meaning, a bit, as CeCe grew.
Honestly, I prefer the soundtrack to the movie, I could listen to it every day, while the movie I couldn't watch more than once a year without tiring quite quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beaches - original soundtrack, August 13, 2008
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
The CD arrived in a timely manner and was well packaged to survive the trip through the US mail. Wonderful price; excellent audio; amazing movie!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some fine Jazzy work by these ex-Yes men, November 10, 2000
Jeffery K. Matheus (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flags (Audio CD)
Patrick Moraz and Bill Bruford's "Flags" got quite a workout in my CD player when it was originally released in 1986. Both of these musicians will be familiar to anyone who calls themself a progressive rock fan - Moraz through his work with The Moody Blues, Bruford through his work with King Crimson, and both through their work with Yes (albeit at different times in the bands history). Although this disc has been quite popular among die-hard Yes fans (as any collaboration between two ex-Yes members is bound to be!), in recent years it has become somewhat hard-to-find. That's really unfortunate, because there is a lot of exciting music to be heard here, especially for those who don't mind some distinctly "jazzy" touches in their music of choice. On this, the pair's second collabaration, the two go decidedly "electronic" for the most part, Moraz with a colorful array of digital synth timbres, and Bruford with some tasteful work on a Simmons electronic drum kit. There is also some amazing acoustic work, namely the energetic "Split Seconds", which is more in-line musically with the duo's earlier, all-acoustic disc, "Music For Piano and Drums". Some standout tracks here include the jubilent "Temples of Joy", the melodius and memorable "Karu", the majestic title track "Flags", and the slightly-funky jazz groove "Everything You've Heard is True". Moraz and Bruford both shine on their respective instruments, and they work extremely well together through some fairly complex musical territory. Hey, Since Moraz is no longer with The Moody Blues, and Bruford is no longer with King Crimson, I think it's time for a Moraz-Bruford reunion album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glory Of Love, November 17, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording (Audio CD)
I just had watched "Beaches" and wanted to go out to buy this CD at the very moment. The lyrics and music of "Glory of love" touched my soul so deeply that I just wanted to go Hollywood and congratulate the production group and/or director for having chosen Bett as the main character for this movie and for this wonderful piece of art: Glory of Love. In my personal opinion, the song tries to tell us, oh yes, life can be painful, life can be glorious. But when we suffer for some special reason in our lives, we "grow more humans ..." and we feel a magic glory we've never felt before. Thanks Bett for having sung this song for us. God bless ! Gabriela (taihampson@hotmail.com) :)

Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording
Beaches: Original Soundtrack Recording by Georges Delerue (Audio CD - 1990)