Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on March 7, 2012
This is not quite as easy and reliable as the "How To" videos would have you believe. If you don't put it in just right and do it just right, it jams and you may or may not get a nicely folded crimp and you may or may not need a small tool to help you remove it from the maws of this device. Would I recommend it? If you had as much trouble as I had trying to get a pretty crimp, it's well worth the aggravation. It's not perfect, but it's way beyond better than I was doing with crimping pliers. Maybe with more usage, I'll get the hang of it and it will be a reliable piece of cake. In any case, yes I recommend it.
So now it's August and I've gained some insight on the use of this tool. Wanting to make sure the wire didn't slip, I was giving the crimp tool squeeze something of a death grip to make it nice and tight. This much pressure is not required. If you lighten up and let the tool do the work, you can squeeze firmly without going white knuckle and the results are much better and the likelyhood of having to fight the tool for possession of the end result goes way down. It still jams now and again but, as I suspected, the more I use it the better the results. I don't crimp on everything but when I do, this is my tool of choice. I now use my crimping pliers to close the crimp cover without marring the surface. I'm upping my stars to 4.
October - The smaller the crimp bead, the better. Huge difference in success rate by going as small as practically possible. When using a 2x1.5mm bead, it rarely fails. Still jams now and again, but getting better and better.
22 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2011
After months of struggling to find a crimping solution that works consistently, we finally found this one. The manual crimpers (standard and micro) were just too unpredictable as to whether the crimp bead would be creased properly before you made the second squeeze to get the closed barrel shape. This crimper eliminates all those concerns and makes strong, clean crimps in one step. The top spring loaded lever merely holds the bead in place, while the bottom handles crease and crimp the bead in one step. Hopefully the images convey enough detail about the tool and the sample crimp.
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 21, 2013
I bought this tool a few months ago, hoping it would solve my crimp bead problems; it has not. While it does crimp adequately, I find it fiddly to use (even more so than a normal crimper) and the crimps don't work any better - perhaps not as well - as with the simpler, 2 step tool.

In fact, I have a necklace on my table right now, which has fairly heavy beads (20 1" polymer clay beads, to be exact). BOTH crimps failed, about 4 hours apart, during the first day after assembly. I've recrimped with the regular crimper and so far, after 2 days, have not had another failure (all crimps were the proper size, sterling silver tube crimps).

My recommendation is not to bother if you can use a regular tool with any success; if you can't, I suppose this might help, but it is touchy to use correctly.
on February 21, 2013
I do hope this helps some one that may be having trouble with this tool. First, make sure the crimp bead you are using is the right size for the wire you are using. Example: I use Accuflex .061/49 strand or in other words the strongest they make. That would also be the thickest wire so far that Firemountain Gems sells. For that wire I use a 1.5mm inside diameter crimp tube 3mm long x 2mm wide. You can use other crimp beads as long as the inside diameter is 1.5mm. I just like these tubes because they seem to be stronger. The wire will just fit inside the crimp bead when doubled with out force. That nearly insures that every crimp will be a good one. If you decrease the size of the wire, decrease the inner diameter of the crimp bead to fit. Second: I test every crimp I make to insure I am selling a good product. If it slips, I turn the crimp bead over in the Bead Buddy 1 Step, line up the crimp bead with the groves already crimped in the bead and re-crimp it. I have not had one fail yet. Third: If you are having trouble getting the crimped bead out of the tool, simply hold the plier handles of the tool closed snuggly and with your index finger push down on the short handle. That will release the piece you are working on with out a struggle. It takes a little practice but it can be mastered easily. I am going to buy another one of these for my back up box. I always keep extra tool in case one of them would walk off or mysteriously break. You know when that happens, no one knows anything about it and it probably just did it to it's self. This is the best crimping tool I have used. Once you get the hang of it if you are having a problem, I do hope this helps and I hope it works the same for you.
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2013
The "how-to's" make it look deceptively easy to use. It isn't. It takes quite a bit of practice to get the technique down, and even so, it's not always reliable. It's challenging to get the crimp positioned "just so" and keep it from moving just before you squeeze it. When it works, it does a really nice job of crimping and if it was as easy as I thought it would be, it would be worth 5 stars. Too often after several tries I can't get it to work properly so I end up going back to my old crimping tool and a bead cover. It's a great idea, but I think it needs to be more user-friendly for it to be constantly used successfully and recommended.
I'm not a novice jewelry maker so I hope I'm not just too uncoordinated to be able to master it--!
on July 8, 2013
This item should read "for crimp tubes only". It workes well with crimp tubes but not so much for regular types of crimps. The crimp often slips from the grip and you get less than perfect crimps. Works wonderfully for crimp tubes though.
on March 8, 2011
This tool makes quick work of crimping. It's so user friendly too although it's a little large for my small hands. The crimped tube isn't decorative but it isn't unsightly either. You could always add a crimp cover as you would when you use pliers or other crimpers. The point is it's quick and easy. I'm glad I bought it.
on November 15, 2012
I like this crimper. I haven't gotten it down pat yet as I haven't had the time!It sure beats the other type which drove me crazy; had to redue heavier necklaces. of course ordered thru Amazon and was in in record time. thanks
on November 1, 2012
This might deserve a 5 star, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. I've watched videos and read instructions to no avail. I give it 2 stars because I can use the lower "tooth" as a multi step crimper...though I already had one of those....
on September 14, 2015
The little third handle tends to jam and get in the way of the main crimping blades. The handles are coated in rubber, but they're so thin that it still hurts my hand to press hard enough to complete a crimp. I'm now using an electrical crimping tool that works much better.