- Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 1.8 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B0030N2OMQ
- Item model number: AWD-18S-10-04YD
- Average Customer Review: 90 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,092 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing (See Top 100 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $2.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Beadalon Artistic Wire 18-Gauge Tarnish Resistance Silver Wire, 4-Yard
|Price:||$7.22 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Great for making jewelry components such as chain maille, beaded chain, jump rings, ear wires and wire wrapped pendants
- Soft temper wire is shapeable
- Tarnish resistant coating
- Permanently enamel colored
- Perfect for jewelry and crafts
- Great for making jewelry components such as chain maille, beaded chain, jump rings, earwires, and wire wrapped pendants
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
In thinner gauges (22, 24) the wire is somewhat soft, making it very easy to do wire wrapping. I've also found that the 20 gauge is just hard enough for making smaller jump rings (4,6, maybe 8 mm diameter) for chainmaille designs etc. The 18 gauge is a good stiffness for making larger jump rings. I'm not sure why one review mentioned it being too stiff, as I find it is quite a pleasure to work with. It's true that the 18 gauge is harder to bend than the 20 gauge, but I just attributed that to the difference in thicknesses.
As with all wires, you do have to be careful with the pliers to avoid nicks and scratches. In addition, the coating of this wire that makes it non-tarnish can start to shred off if scraped or otherwise abused multiple times. This only seems to be a problem with the heavier gauges (I noticed it with this 18 gauge silver colored wire).
Finally, the packaging is very handy, as you can just wind the desired amount of wire off the spool. No mess or frustration!
Overall a very versatile wire. I couldn't be happier with the product and just pray that it continues to be available as I rely on this for all my jewelry now!
Update: I've recently started making earring hooks out of this wire (20 gauge, actually) and the coating of the wire seems to make it hypoallergenic! I usually have sensitive ears, but this hasn't bothered me yet.
I've used this product in wire wrapping pendants for years and it's GREAT to work with. I HIGHLY Recommend this product!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I LOVE this wire. It will not tarnish and it so easy to work with. Try to work carefully as to not damage the clear finish which is what keeps it from tarnishing.Published 1 month ago by Rachel
Favorite wire for wrapping and jewelry making!
I have tried other wire and this is the best in my experience. It really does not tarnish and is wonderful to work with:)