re you considering opening a specialty coffee business? Do you already own an existing operation? Are you realizing the level of success you had hoped for?
Bean Business Basics is the definitive how-to manual for opening and operating a retail specialty coffee business. The third edition, with a publication date of January 2006, has been thoroughly updated and expanded to meet the needs of today's specialty coffee entrepreneur. Thousands of copies of the first and second editions have been sold since the book's original publication in 1997.
Highlights of the new edition include four new chapters, thorough updates of existing material and a CD-ROM of the book's operational forms, previously only available as an appendix. Financial data contained within the book has been reassessed, making this book a true operational manual.
Bean Business Basics was written by the professionals who have consulted and trained thousands of gourmet coffee bar employees across the country and around the world. Buying this book is like purchasing tens of thousands of dollars of consulting services.
Some of the book's 44 chapters include:
* Coffee Trends
* Proper Brewing Principles
* Basic Espresso Bar Beverages
* Selecting the Right Coffee & Roaster
* Ordering, Handling and Storing Coffee
* Your Financial Resources
* Finding a Great Location
* Codes, Permits and Red Tape
* Negotiating a Lease
* Design and Construction of your Coffee Bar
* Planning your Coffee Bar Menu
* Choosing and Buying Equipment
* Operational Systems
* Hiring and Managing Employees
* Marketing your Coffee Business
* Record Keeping
* Budget and Cost Controls
* How to Achieve Profitability