5.0 out of 5 stars Cradle Cap B-Gone
Published on March 29, 2012 by G. J. Ward

2.0 out of 5 stars regular comb works better
I didn't find this very helpful. It is very gentle and could definetely be used to massage scalp but does not actually remove the cradle cap...I still had to use a comb
Published on February 25, 2011 by Iowa Mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Cradle Cap B-Gone, March 29, 2012
G. J. Ward (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bean B Clean Baby Scalp Massaging Brush for Cradle Cap (Baby Product)
Around 6 months my son got a bad case of cradle cap. I tried everything (olive oil, baby oil, etc.) and nothing worked until I used this brush with Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns - 5.07 oz. I let the shampoo sit for a few minutes then gently rubbed the brush in circles on his scalp to loosen the flakes. I rinsed and voila. After only a week there was a significant decrease in the flakes and after a month it was completely gone. The brush fits easily in your hand and the bristles are soft enough that they don't hurt baby's head. It comes apart and is very easy to clean. Works much better than a comb. Highly recommend at least trying this. It's worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, August 15, 2012
I bought this brush because the hospital didn't send me home with one this time around, unlike my first two babies. If you are an expecting mom, make sure you ask for the brush they used on your baby in the nursery because it works just as well and you already paid for it anyway! If you must buy your own, this brush works great for curing cradle cap. My baby had a pretty bad case and after the first scrub with baby oil and then scrubbing with shampoo there were only a couple of flakes left. The rest came off in the next wash and it has not made a return! I continue to use it each bath and it keeps my baby's scalp clear, plus she seems to really enjoy the gentle head scrub. I should note, when you order this you only get one brush, although the picture leads you to think you might get two. That's all you need though, so no biggie, just thought I'd point that out so you know what to expect.

2.0 out of 5 stars regular comb works better, February 25, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, June 15, 2010
B. Grohman (Palm Beach, FL United States) - See all my reviews
My 4 month old daughter's cradle cap was severe. After using this brush once a day with baby shampoo for 2 weeks, the cradle cap has cleared up completely. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars No cradle cap, October 19, 2011
When my sister's babies showed signs of cradle cap, I wanted to try to prevent it when my baby was born. I started using this brush on his first bath and he has no signs of cradle cap at all. He's now a little over three weeks and nothing has developed. I plan to continue using the brush at bath time to prevent any cradle cap from forming. It's easy to use and gentle on my baby's head. I recommend it.

---update---
During one wash at about two months old, my baby's scalp let loose a bunch of skin flakes. Since I use the brush every time I wash him, the flakes were removed and didn't show any signs of cradle cap after bath time. It's been almost three months now, and I haven't seen one sign of cradle cap. Plain and simple: this brush works! Be sure to follow the directions, as the oil loosens the flakes and the soap washes it away.

---update---
My baby is now six months old. No sign of cradle cap. Ever! Awesome product. Follow the directions, use it every time, and you and your baby will be happy! Highly recommended.

---update---
We kept this brush for use on our newborn, now three-months old. I have used this brush on both my kids from the moment we took them home from the hospital and they've never had cradle cap. Love this brush and plan on keeping it for all our kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars crusty patches are now completely gone and his head smells like a dream, August 28, 2014
V Hanline "V Hanline" (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I began using this little scrubber on our baby's head when he was 9 weeks old. His cradle cap was rather unsightly and it had made its way into parts of his eyebrows.

For a while I was using a washcloth to gently rub off the stubborn patches but going over the fontanelle made me nervous.

When the scrubber arrived I began using it twice a week. We are on week 13 (today) and the thick mess of dried, crusty patches are now completely gone and his head smells like a dream!

What I did was rub a good coating of organic coconut oil after washing his hair with fragrance free Burt's Bees shampoo and the scrubber. I'd massage in small circles for 2-3 minutes. It made him nervous at first (because it makes a slight whooshing noise) but I talked to him and sang to him and he would either fall asleep (while I rinsed his head) or be so relaxed his arms would dangle at his sides.

I don't feel at all uncomfortable about using it still, even now that the cradle cap is gone. I feel that it's good to give the head a good, albeit gentle, scrubbing once a week--stimulating the lymphatic system. In fact, judging by his facial expressions lately, I think he really enjoys the rhythmic movement of the scrubber!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not spectacular, September 2, 2011
We bought this since out little one had a bad case of cradle cap. I used it a few times in the tub and didn't notice a big difference. I found more luck using baking powder and a wet wash cloth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, December 12, 2012
My son had a mild case of cradle cap. I bought this to use with the Mustela foam shampoo (which I love). My son is still an infant and this brush was too rough for him. If your child has a mild case don't bother with this brush. This brush is probably better with bad cases of cradle cap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive, May 4, 2014
This type of brush worked well for my sons' cradle cap. It is similar to the surgical sponge brush that the hospital sent home with me after my first son was born. I was looking to buy similar ones because I needed a new brush. However, this Bean B clean Baby Brush is too expensive. I found "surgical scrub sponge brush" that worked just as well for much cheaper. Amazing how things are marked up when they are labeled for baby.

4.0 out of 5 stars helps a little, November 26, 2012
we had minor cradle cap starting so i massaged oil into baby's scalp with brush, then i shampooed him and used the brush with the shampoo. little flakes came off easily when i rinsed off shampoo. :)