4.0 out of 5 stars Good game to pass some time with
Scenes are pretty nice and it keeps you interested. Would have been even better with a few more scenes to go through.
Published 21 months ago by Michael Carlin

Game play:
Published 22 months ago by jjceo

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun game but without pan and zoom features it is difficult to play!, November 17, 2012
Game play:
You are provided with two pictures and you can select either side to touch the differences and they are highlighted with a yellow halo. You also get three hints but use them wisely. You can play a timed mode and you have to find all of the differences before the timer runs out or you can chose the free play mode without the timer. Touching a wrong spot makes a funny sound and takes time off of the clock.

The graphics are well done but the game is very hard as the differences are very subtle and hard to find. I even turned up the screen brightness to the highest level and it was difficult. I am playing on a Kindle Fire and I cannot imagine how hard this would be on a smart phone. There is no pan or zoom functions so you are stuck with the resolution you get on your device.

Main Screen:
* Timed mode
* Free play
* How to - provides brief instructions on how to play the app
* More games shows you a picture of another game and touching it will take you to Amazon and allow you to buy it. Turn off your WIFI or put your device in airplane mode if your children try to play this game.
* Music note to touch and shut off the music.

What I like:
I love these types of games and the graphics on this one are pretty good. Some of the pictures are monotone and it makes it difficult to pick out the differences in the pictures easily. It is a challenge and it makes you work to beat each level.

What I don't like:
Many pictures were so dark that even with the brightness turned all of the way up I could not find the differences. I could only get 4 or 5 levels into each game at first and it is frustrating. Some pictures like the inside hallway are all grey and it is almost impossible to find the differences. The most I was able to accomplish in the timed mode was 7 levels.

Summary:
I liked this game but honestly it is way too difficult on a Kindle Fire screen even with the brightness turned way up. If you have a phone I think it would be impossible. Some of the differences are so subtle I could not recognize them when they were highlighted by a hint. This game is begging to have pan and zoom added to it to make it easier. The most I could get into the game was 7 levels and then I ran out of hints. The pictures start to repeat and so you can eventually get all 24 levels once you learn the locations of the differences.

I rate this game as a 3 star game. It really is probably a 3 ˝ star game but without the pan and zoom it is impossible to really beat in the timed mode. The slightest accidental touch on the screen makes you lose time.

Size: the app is 23.71 MB in size uncompressed.

Permissions:
* Network communication - full internet access
* Network communications - view state, view WIFI state

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game to pass some time with, December 27, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for a little while, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions (App)
The game was challenging at first, but after a few times I had all the differences memorized and it was a game of how fast can I touch the differences and how high of a score can I get. I wish there were more than 24 levels, and it would be neat if there were like twenty possible differences for each level, with four or five shown randomly each time you play the level.

5.0 out of 5 stars great graphics!, February 20, 2013
Sly (Death Valley) - See all my reviews
~
I gave this game five stars even though I think it should have been longer.

It has wonderful graphics, my degree is in architecture so maybe that is way I enjoyed it.

Also, this has been a game I could play on my kindle Fire HD.

Many games that say they are compatible to the Kindle Fire HD are NOT!!!

They need to get their act together on WHAT GAMES WORK ON KINDLE FIRE HD!!!

Everyone should put down on the reviews what they are playing the games on since so many will not work on the Kindle Fire HD.

This one worked and I enjoyed it.

If anyone knows of others games like this please leave a comment for me.
I tried 'Old Town Texas' and sadly it didn't work on kindle Fire HD.

1.0 out of 5 stars crashes, November 17, 2012
JGo (Albany, OR, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions (App)
It doesn't run at all. I get the opening screen and then it crashes. My best guess I'd that it's another application that doesn't work with nexus o/s 4.2

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions (App)
love the game, was easy enough to do and I had a great time playing the game, quick and easy play

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much of the same thing over and over..., December 26, 2012
This review is from: Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions (App)
It's the same pictures over and over and over, even when you pass a level. It gets kind of tiresome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Brain Food!, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions (App)
Great Graphics! Give that brain something different to do when you need a break from WWF :) Thanks amazon for putting it on the list!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Hidden Object Game!, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions (App)
I love playing games and this is no exception. Good game and great free game to boot. I nice way to past some free time with a free game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on the kindle fire HD, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions (App)
Fun game for wasting time on an airplane. It works as advertised and the creepy music adds to the effect. Good app.

Hidden Differences: Haunted Mansions