Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bear In The Big Blue House: Sleepy Time With Bear & Friends
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

"Bear in the Big Blue House" is one of the best currently-running shows for kids. I have seen several Bear DVDs (which are now in the possession of my friends who have preschool kids) and I believe that they are not only entertaining and educational, but reinforce such important concepts as fairness and good sportsmanship.

In this volume, Bear and friends concentrate on getting a good night's sleep, and also learn about good dental hygiene and the importance of making new friends while not abandoning existing friends. My favorite character, Tutter, has logistical problems dealing with several varieties of cheese.

Although these DVDs are for the young children of one of my best friends, they actually aren't painful to watch like so many shows made for kids ("Teletubbies," anyone?), and are, in fact sometimes amusing in ways the kids don't even get, much like Dr. Seuss.

For young kids, the Bear in the Big Blue House series can't be beat.
on August 3, 2000
Christopher, who is addicted to Bear and his friends, is my 16-month old and "Luna" is currently his favorite word! When I learned that his most frequently-watched episodes were now on DVD, I said "Amen, no more rewinding tapes." And To All A Good Night and The Big Sleep are our favorites because they take place at night; therefore, we see Luna more than once per episode. The Big Sleep also helped me when I began brushing Christopher's teeth. I sing "Brush Brush Bree" and he cooperates. And To All A Good Night features Luna who sings an extra duet with Bear, "Beauty of the Night." Just as the inhabitants of Woodland Valley look for Luna behind the clouds at the Harvest Moon celebration, my son now searches the night sky for the moon. Ojo makes a new friend and Treelo feels left out in Friends For Life. This episode allows parents to talk about feelings/emotions with their toddlers. Mitchell Kriegman's Bear in the Big Blue House episodes captivate young minds and entertain them with song. Our DVD allows repetitive viewing without rewinding or wear-and-tear. I'm also allowed the freedom of watching Bear and his friends without having to fast-forward over unwanted advertisements.
on August 31, 2014
My son loves Bear in the Big Blue House. I purchased this DVD selfishly really. I was so tired of watching the same episodes over and over. I now have about 6 BITBBH DVDs and its way better than just the 2 we were bouncing back and forth from. Bear and his friends are always teaching valuable lessons and sometimes I think they are really funny. My son really enjoys this DVD and I would highly recommend to a fellow Bear lover!
on February 3, 2014
She saw a "teaser" for Bear and Big Blue house on another video and started to giggle at Bear. When I got this DVD, she started to giggle at his picture on the front before the video started. I think the way the muppety-puppets move around put their faces right up to the screen (at times) amuses her.
on August 10, 2000
Three great episodes of Bear with catchy songs and fun lessons in friendship. One episode deals directly with making and keeping friends. The other two are "night-time" related. All of Bear's little friends have a sleep-over in one and go through nighttime routines that our toddler can relate to. And the Harvest Moon party is the focus of the other, in which everyone stays up late to celebrate Luna.
on June 11, 2015
I love it! My teenage grandchildren loved it and watched this series for hours when they were little. Now, I'm hoping my 12-month old grandson will love it as well. The songs in the series were very important to us as we sang them together, while doing our jobs.
on December 21, 2012
This was a gift for the my three yr. old granddaughter. She loves interacting with Big Bear, Pip and Pop, Shadow, Trei-low, Luna. thank you for the clean, and educational programing.

I would recommend this to every home with a toddler.
on October 14, 2012
Bear in the Big Blue House has been a part of our family for over ten years now. This was a gift for my 2 year old grandaughter who recently received some other Bear videos from a cousin who passed them on to her. She too fell in love with Bear and all his friends and enjoys the videos greatly. The music, the learning concepts and life lessons are so appealing to young children and keep them captivated for years.
on February 27, 2003
Only one of the 3 episodes on this DVD is about bedtime, which was disappointing. However, ir's still a cute "Bear" DVD. I haven't found that this video is helpful in getting my 2 year old to go to bed, because she's so stimulated by Bear, so I wouldn't reccommend purchasing this DVD for that purpose. I *do* reccommend buying it based on the fact that Bear In The Big Blue House is one of the most charming children's shows today! My daughter loves to dance when Bear Dances, and Tutter just cracks her up!
on February 9, 2013
Another homerun for Bear! Absolutly adorable. Bear and friends are back and this time it's all about bed time. Telling your little one why bedtime is fun and cozy. Also deals with nightmares, staying up late, and brushing your teeth. Love Bear with his gentle personality and the way he talks directly to my little one. A must have.