5.0 out of 5 stars "Oh, Cheddar Chunks! Oh, Brie!", November 25, 2005
This review is from: Bear in the Big Blue House: Sleepy Time With Bear and Friends (DVD)
"Bear in the Big Blue House" is one of the best currently-running shows for kids. I have seen several Bear DVDs (which are now in the possession of my friends who have preschool kids) and I believe that they are not only entertaining and educational, but reinforce such important concepts as fairness and good sportsmanship.

In this volume, Bear and friends concentrate on getting a good night's sleep, and also learn about good dental hygiene and the importance of making new friends while not abandoning existing friends. My favorite character, Tutter, has logistical problems dealing with several varieties of cheese.

Although these DVDs are for the young children of one of my best friends, they actually aren't painful to watch like so many shows made for kids ("Teletubbies," anyone?), and are, in fact sometimes amusing in ways the kids don't even get, much like Dr. Seuss.

For young kids, the Bear in the Big Blue House series can't be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars I now have about 6 BITBBH DVDs and its way better than just the 2 we were bouncing back and ..., August 31, 2014
My son loves Bear in the Big Blue House. I purchased this DVD selfishly really. I was so tired of watching the same episodes over and over. I now have about 6 BITBBH DVDs and its way better than just the 2 we were bouncing back and forth from. Bear and his friends are always teaching valuable lessons and sometimes I think they are really funny. My son really enjoys this DVD and I would highly recommend to a fellow Bear lover!

4.0 out of 5 stars My 15 month old likes it, February 3, 2014
MoRuemerz (Fredericksburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
She saw a "teaser" for Bear and Big Blue house on another video and started to giggle at Bear. When I got this DVD, she started to giggle at his picture on the front before the video started. I think the way the muppety-puppets move around put their faces right up to the screen (at times) amuses her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear in the big blue house, May 4, 2009
The grandcub and all of us love all the Bear DVD's! The Shadow character is a little questionable - but Bear and his friends are sweet and funny! Holds the grandcubs attention and he really likes the sun and moon interactions. Tutter the mouse is good but the otters Pip and Pop are a HOOT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear in the Big Blue House: Sleepy Time With Bear, January 21, 2009
Wonderful video. My 15mo daughter gets so exited when Tre-Lo comes on and she loves the songs they sing. Keeps her very entertained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 2 year old!, July 15, 2013
Thanks so much for the cheap pricing and excellent condition. My 2 year old loves these DVD's. Perfect gift for her!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, March 9, 2013
The movie came sealed. The disc plays well. I was very happy with this movie. Has three episodes and my daughter loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for young kids!, February 9, 2013
Another homerun for Bear! Absolutly adorable. Bear and friends are back and this time it's all about bed time. Telling your little one why bedtime is fun and cozy. Also deals with nightmares, staying up late, and brushing your teeth. Love Bear with his gentle personality and the way he talks directly to my little one. A must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 15, 2013
JLK (Green Bay WI) - See all my reviews
"Blue Bear" as my 2 yr old calls it, is always a huge hit in our house. Cant wait to get more

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedtime issues, January 4, 2013
This is a wonderful character(s) which addresses issues that children have at bedtime. It is also very entertaining what the characters like Luna and Shadow. The regulars are very appealing.

Bear in the Big Blue House: Sleepy Time With Bear and Friends