‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn To Be Tidy With The Best Bear Around!, June 28, 2002
This is a great tape for any child that loves bear and/or has trouble with being tidy.
This tape includes two back-to-back episodes of cleanliness. The first one shows the day in the life of Bear, and his daily chores that he must do every day to keep harmony in the big blue house. He explains many different kinds of work, and how working pays off. In the second episode, Bear plans to take a day for himself when he receives a surprise phone call telling him that his house is the Woodland House Wonderful "house of the month". As thrilled as Bear is, he suddenly realizes that his day of rest is now becoming a day of cleaning. Luckily his pals, Ojo, Pip,Pop,Tutter, and Treelo all agree to join him and clean up the house. After all their hard work, come the baths and lunch, and they are so exhaused by the time Mrs. Vanderpreene comes to take the pictures that they don't think they'll have any fun. But their time with her makes the whole effort worth while.
I am using this tape right now with my two year old. She was having problems with not picking up her toys. Having this video for her to watch has improved her cleaning abilities greatly! She loves Bear and all his colorful friends. The songs "Rub-A-Dub-Dub Everybody In The Tub", "Brush-Brush-Bree", and "Clean Up The House" keep my daughter moving and motivated. As a parent I highly recommend this video for your child, it's a great way to teach them some values, but have fun at the same time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, October 10, 2005
Anita (Perth, Western Australia) - See all my reviews
I recently received 2 Bear in the Big Blue House dvd's and I must say, they're wonderful! My little boy is 2 and just adores Bear, Tutter, Pip/Pop, Treelo and Ojo. This dvd (Tidy Time With Bear) encourages children to clean up/tidy up. YAY! haha. Always a bonus. I must say, I have also caught myself out watching it! Its fun...the kids will love it (Parents too!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A cute video!, January 14, 2006
Lauren Cambre (Denham Springs, LA USA) - See all my reviews
My 1 yr old son has been hooked on Bear since he was 6 mo old! It's cute, not annoying like other children's videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS NOW!!!, November 24, 2003
Mommy to a 2 year old (Big Apple,New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bear in the Big Blue House - Tidy Time With Bear (DVD)
This purchase was the BEST ONE ever made. I bought this for my daughter when she was just a few months old and we've worn it out. She's now 2 and sings the songs perfectly. My husband and I also sing with her. She helps me clean up the house and in the bathtub she sings the bath songs. Bear and the gang also sing the cutest brush your teeth song and my daughter will brush her teeth on her own whenever I sing it to her. All of Bear's dvd's are great , we absolutely adore him. Bonus: Continuous play mode. Bless the individuals who came up with that. Just a quick note: Potty time, Shapes & Colors and Everybody's Special are so entertaining for adults (you are singing those songs like it or not) and educational for the little ones. Worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars My kid loves this stuff, August 18, 2003
This review is from: Bear in the Big Blue House - Tidy Time With Bear (DVD)
My daughter is almost 3 and LOVES Bear in the Big Blue House. This DVD is more substantial than a lot of other children's DVD's out there... it's got this Montessori-ish way of teaching kids, i.e. not focusing so much on ABC's and stuff, but preparing children for life. It also is longer than most DVD's, and of higher quality as well. The singing is very good (especially Shadow) and the atmosphere of the DVD is relaxing and soothing on the whole. I am glad I gave it a try for my daughter, and couldn't be more pleased with how much she loves it and the quality of the content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shows, good music, good fun!, August 6, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Bear in the Big Blue House - Tidy Time With Bear (DVD)
Three fun stories in the classic Bear format with all your favorite characters and songs. This is not the screwy new version of the newer Bear shows on Disney, which do not center so much on the house itself. Disney seems to be a company that can't resist messing up a successful show or movie format (like all the lame followups to the original Pooh movie, among many other examples.) Again, this disk is from 1997 and it has the original Big Blue House format, with the Goodbye Song ending each episode, etc.
Anyway these three stories all relate to cleaning or other chores, one way or another, but are much more fun than that topic would suggest. Also, they are different enough to provide varied entertainment and the DVD navigation allows separate viewing of each episode so you can pace yourself.
We had the disk for a while before realizing that we could listen to the songs separately. When we did, our child insisted on repeating them over and over, singing and dancing along and pretty much memorizing them. That was a plus, and the songs are well-done so we didn't mind listening, too. Navigating between individual songs is not as easy as one would expect, but that's not a big deal. The song section was a smart feature for them to add to the DVD.
Definitely one of the better additions we've made to our collection, and recommended for any fans of the Big Blue House.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear is good ALL the time, April 25, 2008
My daughter LOVES Bear in the Big Blue House - and I love this one because it teaches her the importance of cleaning up and picking up.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy navigation, July 14, 2003
This review is from: Bear in the Big Blue House - Tidy Time With Bear (DVD)
someone was thinking when they made this one--you can either watch one episode over and over (what toddler wouldn't want that?), watch all episodes in order, or just watch the songs
the songs are so much fun--watching our little one enjoy them is the best

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters favorit, January 30, 2003
This review is from: Bear in the Big Blue House - Tidy Time With Bear (DVD)
Great that this one comes in spanish too. We live in Colombia and my 1 year old daughter is watching this same Bear DVD several times each week since she has 6 months. She knows when the songs are coming and prepares herself for dancing with the bear and she learned to use the tooth-brush.
When she's watching the bear it gives us some free time for cooking or cleaning because she is sitting still and watching for 15 or more minutes. A great wish is to have bear also in german, because she has to learn that. German and Spanish. I think finally she will speak english too if shes watching bear in english some times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun while learning important things!, December 23, 2011
You can never get tired of Bear and his friends. My grandchildren are ages 1 to 5 and they all love Bear in the Big Blue House! You won't be disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bear in the Big Blue House - Tidy Time With Bear
Bear in the Big Blue House - Tidy Time With Bear by Richard A. Fernandes (DVD - 2003)
Used & New from: $1.95