5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations with bright colors, & fun to read!
My almost 2 year old enjoyed this book as much as I did when we read it at the bookstore. My son loves books, but when we are around so many in the store, it takes a very good book for him to sit and listen to the entire book without being distracted. This book kept his attention! I highly recomment Bear on a Bike for toddlers.
Published on March 14, 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Other Bear Books better.
It seems that this particular "Bear on a Bike" was written before the others, like "Bear at Home", which is very very good.
I would skip this one: the rhyming text isn't that fun to read and the illustrations aren't nearly as good as the later books.
Published on August 31, 2010 by michael

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations with bright colors, & fun to read!, March 14, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm fuzzy feeling, July 23, 2003
There is something special about this book. A great read outloud -- it still holds the attention of my four year old. Allows for the child to anticipate and read with you. Very cheerful in tone and illustration, simple, but still adds a couple of nice vocabulary words. My daughter has moved on to much more complicated books, but this one is still read and appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, August 12, 2002
By A Customer
I love this book. I read it to my 5 month old and it actually holds her attention. She loves the bright colors so much so that I will sometimes just lay her on the floor and open the pages for her. The rhyming doesn't bother me - the story is cute, so I'm sure I'll be reading it for some time to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure in our son's library collection, July 26, 2003
By A Customer
This is absolutely one of our favourite books. The illustrations are so beautiful and the rhymes are fun to read as well as educational (teaching our 23 mo old son various means of transport). We have enjoyed reading this ever since he was only a few months old and it has become our favourite gift to friends and family. My only criticism is that this board book in the Bear Series is missing a few pages which I discovered when I purchased the large, hardcover edition just a few weeks ago. I was so surprised and dismayed to discover this.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT book!!, December 9, 2003
Tabby (Mi United States) - See all my reviews
This is my daughter's all time favorite book, she has loved it since she was a baby, she is now almost 3 and still loves it. My son is 1 1/2 and it is his favorite too! They each pick this book every night and fight over who sits on my lap to read it. It's a cute story with rhymes and my kids learned a lot from it, especially the grocery page.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old daughter loves this book., November 2, 1999
This is one of the books I bought and didn't regret. Usually my daughter would like a book at the book store but when she gets home she will not look at it again. This book filled with bright colors and illustration is fun and educational. We read it over and over and enjoy everytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful pictures, nice story, April 7, 2006
We recently got this book out of our public library and I must say that it is a big hit with all of us. We (my son, my husband, and I) absolutely love the pictures and the text. I think this is a wonderful book that will get lots of mileage.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son's Favorite Book!, February 2, 2004
socrates99 (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Beautiful and Bold Pictures, Clever Rhymes. My son just loves this book and I enjoy reading it to him. Check out the other Bear books. They are all winners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Bear series, October 8, 2009
All the books in the Bear series are terrific, but this is the one my daughter wants to hear almost every night. As others have pointed out, the illustrations are beautiful with bold, vivid colors. But what I also like is that there's so much going on in all of the pictures, so many things to point out on every page, it's a great learning tool for vocabulary and also for the imagination. The story is fun, even if the rhyming is a bit clunky in a couple of places, but I think that's my adult sensibilities talking -- every kid I've ever bought this book for adores it. This is a book that you can buy for your infant, but he/she will love it for years, as there will be something new to take away from this story as your child gets older.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where are you going Bear Please wait for me!!!!!!!!, February 28, 2008
The illustrations are absolutely fantastic! they are beyond vivid its truly a feast for the eyes!
The story is simple and cause the illustrations are so perfectly done for a toddler it's very self-explanatory, Bear is traveling through the entire story on different means of transportation he goes to an island on a boat, to the market on bike, to a grand ball in a carriage and through the story the little boy is trying to keep up with bear but he just keeps missing "the boat" so to say. It's a very fun rhyming journey to introduce to little ones! This is our favorite of Stella Blackstone's Bear series its by far her best book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Bear on a Bike
Bear on a Bike by Stella Blackstone (Paperback - September 30, 2007)
$6.99