5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful, funny book
Published on November 14, 2001 by Jennifer Hoins

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
The packaging should have been better. One edge of the book was crushed.
Published 2 months ago by Anna Benitz

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful, funny book, November 14, 2001
Jennifer Hoins (Point Marion, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Bear Called Paddington (Paperback)
This is one of the most delightful children's books ever. I listened to my mom (Ann)read the Paddington books to my younger brother and was hooked. When I was younger, I remember my mom telling me about the bear on tv who liked marmalade but was never interested in him until I heard the stories. The stories often ended in tears- we would laugh so much. Well, I guess this is less of a review than it is a recommendation. With all of the worthless children's literature out there, this one stands out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bear Called Paddington, December 20, 1999
By A Customer
Classic story of Paddington the Bear who comes to live with the Brown family in London. Most children know the stuffed animal but haven't heard the escapades. This issus is a welcome addition to children's libraries. Very good, humorous, fun animals, with good black and white illustrations. Recommended for K through the 4th grade students.

5.0 out of 5 stars So there is not only Pooh Bear!, November 4, 1999
My daughter read this book for school and truly enjoyed it. Although only 8 and there were some challenging words and concepts, she was enamored with Paddington and all his silly antics. Now the stuffed animal has better meaning for all of us at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! I can't believe I lost it as a kid..., March 7, 1998
By A Customer
I haven't read "A Bear called Paddington" since I was a kid. I love this book! Paddington reminds me of childhood and what it's supposed to be about. Paddington definitely gets into a LOT of trouble, but he's so adorable and innocent, that his trouble is more like an adventure. I like the fact that the Browns love him for who he is, trouble and all. He's just too loveable to kick out of the house!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Step Up From Winnie, July 18, 2012
Pop Bop "Pause and Reflect" (Denver, Colorado, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Winnie the Pooh and friends have been perfectly fine as characters in the kids' early picture books. Calm, cheerful, mildly message driven, and with just the right touch of silliness and adventure. But, they can only carry you so far.

Enter Paddington. A very similar vibe, but more advanced character, story, vocabulary and concept. And how many early reader/read-to/read-with books can you call charming and droll? And never dopey, (and I mean you, Amelia Bedelia), or cranky or precociously rude.

Now sometimes we want silliness or adventure or broad jokes or fantasy, but for some of the quieter times, this really does have an honored place.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Review of A Bear Called Paddington, March 8, 2006
K. Rogers (Baltimore, Md) - See all my reviews
This proved to be a wonderful purchase. The stories are entertaining for both parents and children and are perfect for long car trips. Excellent alternative when you don't want the kids in front of the television.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully entertaining ... for both the kids and you!, October 20, 2006
We LOVE this CD set! I bought it 2 years ago for my daughter to listen to for naps and bedtime, and now at age 5 she's STILL asking for it every night.

I like the fact that both CDs are over an hour long, she likes that there are several stories on each CD to keep her attention. The plots aren't too complicated for her to follow, but they do force her to pay attention and focus on the cd, which is key for naptime. :) Stephen Fry's voice is wonderfully soothing to listen to, and he does a great job of distinguishing between the various characters -- key for books on CD!

As she's gotten older Caroline has begun to appreciate some of the silliness that is Paddington, but the stories are nicely entertaining even without that element. We parents don't mind listening to Paddington in the car when we're on trips. All in all, I say this CD set is well worth this money, it's one that will really grow with you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Paddington..., February 9, 2000
He is so clumsy, that anyone will laugh. I read all of the Paddington books I could find as a kid, and I read them again as I got older. And I would read them again, and again and again. This is a very good reason to have kids, so you can buy this book. Too bad he has become some sort of commercial bear, he is much greater as a little clumsy bear trying to please all the people.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Those Cuddly Moments that Make Life Worthwhile, May 3, 2010
Michael Bond created that wonderful addition to our world called Paddington. The fact that Paddington is a bear, a little bear, a loveably naughty little bear, makes us love him even more. Imagine finding a forlorn little bear in the Lost Property Office with a little sign asking you to "Please Look After This Bear. Thank You." What would you do?

The Brown's did not debate long in deciding to take Paddington with them to number thirty-two, Windsor Gardens, their home in London. Between mouthfuls of sweet marmalade and amazing adventures we follow Paddington through the London underground, in and out of shopping districts, all the way to the sea shore. Where ever this little bear goes, delightful trouble seems to follow him and leave us laughing and smiling and wishing we had a "Paddington" in our lives.

A delightful book for children of all ages (even grey-haired ones!)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!!! I love Paddington Bear!!!, November 23, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: A Bear Called Paddington (Paperback)
Paddington is very funny when he does little mistakes. Paddington is a very interesting character that is lovable to everyone. Whenever I'm bored I read it, usually, even though we have already read it. You should mainly buy it for your kids, but you should read it to them because adults like it as much as the kids do. I like all the Paddington books, but my favorite one is the first one. Paddington is a wonderful character and he is my most favorite on earth.

by a 9 year- old (almost)girl from the USA

A Bear Called Paddington
A Bear Called Paddington by Peggy Fortnum (Paperback - October 29, 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01