Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bear Motion ® 100% Real Leather Case for For Motorola Xoom 10.1 inch tablet (3G & 4G WI-FI 16 GB 32 GB 64 GB) - Xoom Case Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb Black (NOT Compatible with XOOM Family and XOOM 2)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 27, 2011
This product is significantly better than the Acase version that I purchased when I original bought my Motorola Xoom(Acase Slim Leather Folio Case with Built-in Stand for Motorola Xoom (Black). I cannot comment on the Motorola case, but many users have complaints about that case as well.

The Bear Motion product appears to be the best one available, but you have to admit that it's competition is clearly not up to par.

Pros:
1. Lightweight, yet durable feel
2. Fits device comfortably and easily
3. "Kick stand" design provides good support while typing and good display for videos or pictures

Cons:
1. Leather quality is subpar; feels like plastic
2. "Kick stand" is not fully stable when the device is standing up for pictures or videos; lid slides out of holder when typing sometimes
3. COVERS UP PORTS!!!! You have to leave case open to for charging and when connected to a USB or HDMI cable. Sitting on a desk or counter while charging is when the device is vulnerable to damage, so you should be able to connect cables with the cover closed.

In summary, this is probably the best case available among a group of mediocre options. If this product had a leather feel like the Acase product, had a better built-in kick stand for typing and movies, and made the ports accessible while the cover was closed, it would easily get 5 stars from me. With the current design, 3-stars is the max. Not being able to access the ports with the cover closed takes away one star by itself.
on May 22, 2011
I searched for probably 2 months since I received my Xoom waiting for a case that fit my needs came around. This case is perfect.

Pros
*Great design
*Thin and light
*Cutouts are perfect.
*The case has a magnetic cover so it stays securely closed.
*It feels great in hand and honestly after a while of use, you forget its on the device and just starts feeling as its part of the Xoom.

Cons
*Doesn't fit into the standard dock so you'd have to keep removing it from the case.
*The fit isn't the greatest. Its tight, but there is enough wiggle room that the device slides sometimes and the border of the screen gets into the view.
*I feel as though after prolonged use, the flap will eventually wear out its shape or just lose it.
*The magnets could be a little bit stronger.

I've only owned it for about a week, but I am definitely not taking this off my device ever. The only other problem I have with it is caused by the software. Let's say the developers didn't program the application to take advantage of being viewed from all angles, then you'll have to turn the device. YouTube is one application that if you start the it in the typing position (landscape) then play a full screen video, you have to turn it to the media view standing up.

Overall though, I love this case. For $20, I'm extremely happy. It is such a bargain.
on August 2, 2011
I loved this case, ready to give 5 stars across the board until...

I realized that the case doesn't have a hole where the Xoom microphone is. The first time I tried using the Video Chat tool to talk to my wife, she couldn't hear a word I said. Told me it was too muffled to hear me.

A little investigating showed that the microphone was covered by leather. It wasn't one of those things where the hole was just a little off center...they didn't MAKE a hole for the microphone. (which is on the bottom edge to the right of the comm and power ports)

It's not that big a deal, nothing a hole punch or a hobby drill can't fix, but it's enough to lower my review score for this otherwise perfect folio case for the Xoom.
55 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2011
This ended up being exactly what I was looking for and I'm glad someone finally released something like this for hte Xoom. I've tried a number of cases since buying the Xoom on launch day and for the most part, my Xoom just ends up naked. Most recently I tried the rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Motorola XOOM Android Tablet. It's nice, but just too big and bulky for everyday use. I'll probably use that when I'm traveling, but not day-to-day. This case is great for every day usage. The leather is nice. The cutouts are great and line up with the Xoom. It's very easy to get to the power button (unlike the rooCase). The magnets are strong enough to keep it closed. The front cover folds under and behind to make a sturdy stand. It's very similiar to the Bear Motion case that I have for the iPad. Overall great case, especially for the low price!
on October 27, 2011
I am on my fourth Xoom case because I just couldn't find one that worked. I've had cases costing $10 and $50. This one is by far the best I've had. It's slim but still supports the heavy Xoom in two different positions. Nice build quality. Highly recommended.
on May 24, 2011
This case is quite nice. The Xoom can be used in two ways with this case. A sturdy typing mode (upside down with the camera at the bottom)or standing vertically. These are the two position I use. I would pay more for this case. Very good value for $20. The fit is very good but not perfect. The camera, speakers,USB, power port and HDMI ports are all accessible. The SD card slot at the top, while not immediately accessible, is behind the Velcro flap that locks the Xoom inside the case. The magnetic closures work very well.
on July 18, 2011
Really nice case - good quality materials, fits my Xoom really well. Magnet closure keeps cover closed when you want it to be closed, and the now-standard type of built-in stand (tuck the cover under the little flap) is well-executed and works as I expected, like I have seen on other similar types of covers. All ports are accessible, you just have to leave the cover open to charge it (which just isn't a problem for me). And Bear Motion even follows up with you after the sale to make sure that you're happy - truly impressive customer service, something I thought that was forgotten these days.
on November 2, 2011
i was in the market for a leather case that looked professional and that had a stand so that i could enjoy it for typing or watching videos/movies. this case provided all of those and was at an afordable price. overall very satisfied with my purchase.
on November 3, 2011
I have been using this case for a couple of weeks, and so far I really like it. The Xoom fits perfectly, not too tight and not loose at all, making it easy to insert and remove. It is easy to hold no matter which way you hold it. The stand is sturdy. My only issue is that you have to have the case open to charge it. Either the case could be designed so the Xoom is inserted the opposite way as it is now, or Motorola moves their power port. But, I am very happy with the case overall.
on November 14, 2011
I like the design a lot. This case is thin but it protects the tablet and provides a landscape mode stand. I like it a lot better than the bulky Targus case with the silly elastic strap.

However, my case has a quality flaw: the rectangular cutout on the top of the tablet was not cut and stitched square and this is preventing the top of the case from laying flat - it is bunched and twisted.

Other than that I like the case and the price is awesome.